• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
I truly loved the first one, and I was really looking forward to 2, but having tried it in two different PCs, the game runs like absolute crap
Yup, I had to lock it to 30fps. I remember having to do that with the first one too. My eyes adapt after a few hours. I wouldn't put up with 30fps on PC but the game is just too good.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
So, I picked up the Steam controller with the Sekiro bundle. I gave it a quick try without configuring it properly and it feels quite weird.
Anybody have suggestions/tips on how to use it and configure it to make the most of it?
For the right trackpad use the emulate mouse option, or whatever it is (I have it in Italian). After that learn to use the controller without the 2 back button, it's already difficult enough to learn the trackpad. Set the left trackpad in order to click for action, so you don't slide your finger on it accidentally.
That's what I would suggest for a newcomer, welcome to the club. I love the steam controller.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I still find it really amusing that the copyright box for Sekiro includes this little bit.

Bloodborne is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. Dark Souls is a trademark of BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. Sony and Bandai Namco are not the publisher of SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE. Activision has no affiliation with Bloodborne or Dark Souls.

Speaking of, there's no GMG coupon that stacks with the 10% off Sekiro deal, right?

Last edited:

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
So, I picked up the Steam controller with the Sekiro bundle. I gave it a quick try without configuring it properly and it feels quite weird.
Anybody have suggestions/tips on how to use it and configure it to make the most of it?

I do! It took me a long time to adjust but I now love it and use it for everything. The best beginner tip I can give you is that the touchpad that you'll be using for aiming should be set to trackball mode and the trackball's friction should be set to low. Set your sensitivity low enough that you feel like you can accurately point at everything on screen and shoot. For turning, you should be 'flicking' the virtual trackball towards the direction you want and putting your finger on the touchpad as soon as you want to stop turning. So you should be sliding your thumb on the touchpad for aiming and flicking it for turning.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Add Nabs on Steam as a friend, so that you get access to best damn SC configs on Earth.

Oct 25, 2017

This is the first time I'm seeing a DLC that not only requires the base game, but another DLC as well.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I finished Rainswept today.

capsule_616x353.jpg

I thought it was pretty good overall. It had a good setting and story, music. Definitely some limited animations (especially walking looks really odd) and some amateurish dialogue at times. But I think the overall story / message it's trying to get across works. I dig the whole pacific northwest, rain, coffee, twin peaks setting so I knew I had to play it when I saw the screenshots.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Playing with the though of pulling the trigger on a VR headset. Is it confirmed that Valve or anyone other is talking about VR at GDC? Mostly interested in the Vive Cosmos if it isn't to pricey...

I'm thinking of getting Sekiro from there too, do they send out keys early or do you have to wait until the release date?

Usually on release day or a day before.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm HOLDING on Division 2 cause one of my buddies had his video card die out and it ain't the squad without him

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Also Sea of Thieves is still the GOAT game plz believe there's nothing like having a cocky crew show up outta nowhere to try and steal your 40k worth of gold but then you BODY EM

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Chat is unusable in big picture mode currently and has been for some time so I wish they'd update my favorite feature as someone who uses a tv and controller for everything outside of crpgs.

I keep a wireless keyboard and mouse under my couch but most don't

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Chat is unusable in big picture mode currently and has been for some time so I wish they'd update my favorite feature as someone who uses a tv and controller for everything outside of crpgs.

I keep a wireless keyboard and mouse under my couch but most don't
Huh? They added the new chat to BPM a few months ago. Though it was finicky until more recently.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Huh? They added the new chat to BPM a few months ago. Though it was finicky until more recently.
Do I need to fix something? For me it's still the desktop interface in the rb tab and none of the controller buttons actually work to click on a user or chat tab

Which is fine since I always have a steam controller or full wireless m/kb setup but otherwise annoying

Last edited:

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
yeah but what about shooting an enemy in the head for 4 seconds while you and your friends talk about work how does that sound

In that case do I have the game for you: Spintires (Mudrunner). Here's the pitch: talking with your friends while spending 3 hours moving few logs around. Achieve that, and there's a dozen other maps to move logs around. Yeah, that was half of our lan party last week .

Really though, many games are better with friends. No need to choose a bad game just for that. Division 2 seems pretty decent though, I'm more thinking about games like Anthem (and Destiny).

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Finally finished RUINER.

Such a stylish game, everything about it screams at you. There's beauty in the brutal nihilism on display here, the blood soaked industrial wastelands gleaming red against the deepest blacks.

But for all the style, there's not a lot of substance. The level design devolves into repetitive gated arenas where you have to kill everything before moving on, and while there's a fair few options for how you approach combat, the absolute overriding primacy of your dash move leaves everything else by the wayside. Dash and shield bash your way through everything, anything else will get you killed. As for the plot, well it can be charitably described as 'there'. The dialogue barks are nice though (something about a female cyberpunk hacker calling me Puppy works for me.. huh)

Still, when you're in the midst of combat, the music thumping in your ears, the particle effects and explosions and flash of red going off all around you, it's an intoxicating thing. Hopefully the team at Reikon Games can add more substance next time though!

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
In that case do I have the game for you: Spintires (Mudrunner). Here's the pitch: talking with your friends while spending 3 hours moving few logs around. Achieve that, and there's a dozen other maps to move logs around. Yeah, that was half of our lan party last week .

Really though, many games are better with friends. No need to choose a bad game just for that. Division 2 seems pretty decent though, I'm more thinking about games like Anthem (and Destiny).

Anthem, sure, but we legitimately had fun going on raids in Destiny. They require a lot of coordination and we enjoyed meeting new people through the various LFG sites.

We played theHunter: Call of the Wild a few months back and had a good time even if we didn't have any interest in hunting at all. We were pretty much just running around, scaring all the wild life away. Spintires can be that next game for us.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Steam is featuring serious games. I have just seen that in my queue. I guess it is legit, but I have not done my research.

It reminds me that I have encountered another game, released earlier this year, which is part of a pet charity awareness campaign.
Spoiler: The gameplay in itself is not that great.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I use the wishlist as "remind me that this game exists", there's so many games out today and not the time to play them all, so yeah so

This is the first time I'm seeing a DLC that not only requires the base game, but another DLC as well.

It makes sense because it is a linear progression with how they have designed the expansions (i.e level progression alone), like this expansion doesn't include all the content from the previous which is a prerequisite (like for leveling), I guess it's just the reality of a modern ARPG which has more than 1 expansion and isn't a single continuous GaaS like PoE. Any ways I love Grim Dawn a lot, it's my favourite ARPG since Diablo 2, it and Diablo 2 I still play, I just can't get into PoE and Diablo 3.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I don't mind the new chat. I also don't really use the new chat.

The most I've used it since it went live was to check on a NZ friend a few days ago.
It worked as expected so no complaints.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Steam is featuring serious games. I have just seen that in my queue. I guess it is legit, but I have not done my research.

It reminds me that I have encountered another game, released earlier this year, which is part of a pet charity awareness campaign.
Spoiler: The gameplay in itself is not that great.

UHHH Is this "BCRF" game a scam?

It doesn't mention any official involvement that I can see, just that some proceeds go to charity (40% of the cut IF it raises "over 100.00 USD in the span of 3 months", aka the cost of posting the game on Steam ). It frames buying the game as a donation when it's clearly not.

And their FAQ is a joke.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
There was no pre-load for Crash, but it wasn't exactly a new release and may not have been considered significant enough to warrant a pre-load despite weighing in at almost 30GB. It unlocked worldwide coincident with the store update.

It was strange for the Steam version of all the other platforms to not have pre-loading on each corresponding digital store (Even the Switch version had it)

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
UHHH Is this "BCRF" game a scam?

It doesn't mention any official involvement that I can see, just that some proceeds go to charity (40% of the cut IF it raises "over 100.00 USD in the span of 3 months 0", aka the cost of posting the game on Steam ). It frames buying the game as a donation when it's clearly not.

And their FAQ is a joke.
I am gonna say its a SCAM, BCRF has no mention of it anywhere on their site or twitter whatever. I am going to say not legit

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
For the right trackpad use the emulate mouse option, or whatever it is (I have it in Italian). After that learn to use the controller without the 2 back button, it's already difficult enough to learn the trackpad. Set the left trackpad in order to click for action, so you don't slide your finger on it accidentally.
That's what I would suggest for a newcomer, welcome to the club. I love the steam controller.

I do! It took me a long time to adjust but I now love it and use it for everything. The best beginner tip I can give you is that the touchpad that you'll be using for aiming should be set to trackball mode and the trackball's friction should be set to low. Set your sensitivity low enough that you feel like you can accurately point at everything on screen and shoot. For turning, you should be 'flicking' the virtual trackball towards the direction you want and putting your finger on the touchpad as soon as you want to stop turning. So you should be sliding your thumb on the touchpad for aiming and flicking it for turning.

Add Nabs on Steam as a friend, so that you get access to best damn SC configs on Earth.

Thanks for the tips folks!

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
There was no pre-load for Crash, but it wasn't exactly a new release and may not have been considered significant enough to warrant a pre-load despite weighing in at almost 30GB. It unlocked worldwide coincident with the store update.

To be fair Sekiro is only like half that size I think.

SEGA confirms Steam is a platform afterall
ZRDIf5p.png

I liked that Sega's survey specifically let me portbeg more Bayo for PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.