• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
oTMTDGg.gif

They couldn't fix it since 2017, I used it once for playing Quake Champions closed beta, and it was pure garbage. And you know what? When Fallout 76 released, I've read complains from other users about exactly the same problems that I experienced in 2017 with that "launcher". At this point, Bethesda would rather accept epic store exclusivity than bother fixing it.

If only the console versions supported m/kb. Oh well.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Mode 7, of Frozen Synapse fame, are ending their former focus on game development, for publishing and smaller projects, with one half of the founders quitting game development.

https://blog.mode7games.com/mode-shift-ffd3a0105844?sk=d88dfadb484d9d62f6e8bac23c075340

A bit of a shame, but Frozen Synapse 2 really had some large issues, that prevented to be enjoyable IMHO.

And Frozen Cortex, the game before that, is something I've had in my Steam library for years, but still don't really get.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Do any of ya'll know why there's two versions of Sekiro on CDKeys, a US and a global one? Curious if there's any differences, otherwise I'll just get the global version to save myself a few bucks.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Mode 7, of Frozen Synapse fame, are ending their former focus on game development, for publishing and smaller projects, with one half of the founders quitting game development.

https://blog.mode7games.com/mode-shift-ffd3a0105844?sk=d88dfadb484d9d62f6e8bac23c075340

A bit of a shame, but Frozen Synapse 2 really had some large issues, that prevented to be enjoyable IMHO.

And Frozen Cortex, the game before that, is something I've had in my Steam library for years, but still don't really get.
I bought Frozen Synoase 2 at launch and what a disappointing turn. Tho given the launch issues, generally poorly thought out mechanics, and delayed response over the last half year not surprising.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Do any of ya'll know why there's two versions of Sekiro on CDKeys, a US and a global one? Curious if there's any differences, otherwise I'll just get the global version to save myself a few bucks.

There is no global retail sub. Sekiro's retail key regions are composed of Asia Pacific, Middle-east + Africa, Eastern Europe, Central/Western Europe, Central/South America + Mexico, and the rest of North America + Puerto Rico, and all of those packages are heavily region locked (i.e. activation and runtime-restricted).

Last edited:

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know when Sekiro unlocks if you preordered on Steam? Is it global, regional, can be bypassed by VPN?

FunnyJay

Oct 27, 2017
I just thought of a headline that would get a sensible chuckle out of me...

What do you think about:

"Star Citizen launching exclusively on Epic Games Store!

....Launch date TBD..."

😉

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Today I heard on Era that Sekiro, from FromSoftware whose souls games sell over a million is a niche game and Yoshi, releasing on 1 plattform will easily beat a game that has a loyal fanbase and is selling on 3 plattforms.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
If you are in the US, don't do this. Activision keys are region locked AFAIK. Someone else can chime in if I'm wrong.
There is no global retail sub. Sekiro's retail key regions are composed of Asia Pacific, Middle-east + Africa, Eastern Europe, Central/Western Europe, Central/South America + Mexico, and the rest of North America + Puerto Rico, and all of those packages are heavily region locked (i.e. activation and runtime-restricted).
Got it, thank you.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Evil Within 2 is really good even though the performance is trash. $10 on CDKeys. I like the gunplay and combat more than RE2 Remake's. The sound design also blows RE2's away. Graphics are really good most of the time. Having a ton of fun.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Both Evil Within games are great but very different, and 10 dollars for one of the best games in recent years is absurd. Please give it a go, if you don't want to play the first for whatever reason the sequel is self contained

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got Frozen Cortex at launch (beta even, I remember it being called Frozen Endzone).

I really enjoyed it, but there weren't many people who seemed to agree with me.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
American Truck Sim Gold is a lil' more than $7 on CDKeys. It comes with the New Mexico DLC, so it's a nice pickup if you're into that sort of thing.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Preordered Sekiro and Outward from cdkeys and man, the really need to add a key library to the accounts. Such a hassle going through the mail they send you and click on a link for every single game.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Today I heard on Era that Sekiro, from FromSoftware whose souls games sell over a million is a niche game and Yoshi, releasing on 1 plattform will easily beat a game that has a loyal fanbase and is selling on 3 plattforms.

I have no idea if Sekiro will end up being a game I like or not, but I have to say that people on Era seem relatively "down" on Sekiro compared to pretty much anywhere else I look. Given how well other FromSoftware games are regarded here, it's unexpected.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I'll buy American Truck Simulator when they realize Colorado's mountain highways are the best in the country lol

*tho bad for a trading game with two lanes and slow speeds

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
American Truck Sim Gold is a lil' more than $7 on CDKeys. It comes with the New Mexico DLC, so it's a nice pickup if you're into that sort of thing.

Yeah, SCS really stepped it up with ATS after they completely reworked the base map and all DLC going forward.

If my numbers are correct they essentially doubled the length of all routes to create a longer time-scale between destinations.

Great stuff.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Honestly if they add my state I'll buy it to support it but I'll never understand long haul driving games as someone who has done multiple thousand plus mile trips. So tedious!

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
The upcoming release of Anno 1800 made me, once again, curious about the franchise... I have never really played any of them...

Is there a specific release that is recommended for newcomers to discover the franchise?

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, SCS really stepped it up with ATS after they completely reworked the base map and all DLC going forward.

If my numbers are correct they essentially doubled the length of all routes to create a longer time-scale between destinations.

Great stuff.
They also added detours to ATS, which is cool (and maybe a little annoying at times).

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Preordered Sekiro and Outward from cdkeys and man, the really need to add a key library to the accounts. Such a hassle going through the mail they send you and click on a link for every single game.

I'm thinking of getting Sekiro from there too, do they send out keys early or do you have to wait until the release date?

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Evil Within 2 is really good even though the performance is trash. $10 on CDKeys. I like the gunplay and combat more than RE2 Remake's. The sound design also blows RE2's away. Graphics are really good most of the time. Having a ton of fun.
I truly loved the first one, and I was really looking forward to 2, but having tried it in two different PCs, the game runs like absolute crap. No matter the settings. My current setup is somewhat beefy and the damn game just won't run decently no matter what. It's kind of amazing. Have never had it happen before.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll buy American Truck Simulator when they realize Colorado's mountain highways are the best in the country lol

*tho bad for a trading game with two lanes and slow speeds

I lived in Denver for a few years and we have a family friend who runs a restaurant way out in Creede (Mineral Co.).

It's roughly a 4 1/2 hour drive SW out of Denver and one of the most scenic routes I've ever taken. Up into the Rocky's with switchbacks that'll make your cheeks clench and back down in to aquifer basin where your sight-lines can stretch for hundreds of miles.

Still visit Kip every couple-few years. And man, that drive from Denver to Creede is the stuff of legends.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
So, I picked up the Steam controller with the Sekiro bundle. I gave it a quick try without configuring it properly and it feels quite weird.
Anybody have suggestions/tips on how to use it and configure it to make the most of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.