• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Im' pretty sure that hand gesture was way before Nazi's picked it up it's meant to be a prank on friends if they saw it then they get punched in the shoulder . Shame those fuck wets picked it up
Im hoping to god it's this. I remember friends playing that game in school. I don't see why theyd hide supposed WP gestures like that in there.

I use wishlist mainly to remember games I need to buy once Ive done with some of the games I already own.
Same. 118 games I want to remember later on

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like there is now SteamDB "equivalent" for Epic Store

https://epicdata.info/

If we assume Store Pages has been created right after exclusive negotiations have been done:

Phoenix Point

https://epicdata.info/offer/75e9feab76fc46bb8ce6f3d7dadae3c8

Created at:
2019-02-15 18:26:02

Metro Exodus

https://epicdata.info/offer/a3576c624f22419bad64123a78540aa8

Created at:
2019-01-11 16:20:11

Ayy, perfect, a shit list of publishers I can keep track of.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Wishlists aren't training people to wait for a sale, people add games to their wishlist because they already have something else to play. Sales and wishlists both are a result of an overabundance of games.
Exactly.

Wishlists and sales make me buy games I otherwise wouldn't buy, not the other way around.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Im' pretty sure that hand gesture was way before Nazi's picked it up it's meant to be a prank on friends if they saw it then they get punched in the shoulder . Shame those fuck wets picked it up
Yeah I know, but when newspapers picks up the symbol as a hate symbol, maybe you shouldn't use it, especially not when your parent company is in hot shit for doing AMAs on websites where the first reply was "Heil Hitler".

mkhashouf221

Dec 5, 2018
Yeah I know, but when newspapers picks up the symbol as a hate symbol, maybe you shouldn't use it, especially not when your parent company is in hot shit for doing AMAs on websites where the first reply was "Heil Hitler".
True Tho I think this trailer was done before the whole happened and it landed on the wrong time

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Just gonna stir a little bit of shit up since I just read that the newspapers in Sweden said that Brenton Tarrant, the NZ mosque killer, showed a white-power symbol, the OK sign (which might not even be a WP symbol??, but the newspapers in Sweden, where Coffee Stain resides actually reports that it is) However in Satisfactorys latest trailer, this shows up.
q4t059y.jpg

I guess it just was a dumb joke but after what hell THQ has gone through, how could they ever think this was smart.

The OK sign has been co-opted by the alt-right. It is especially egregious because white nationalists like to hold it down low to "hide" it.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna stir a little bit of shit up since I just read that the newspapers in Sweden said that Brenton Tarrant, the NZ mosque killer, showed a white-power symbol, the OK sign (which might not even be a WP symbol??, but the newspapers in Sweden, where Coffee Stain resides actually reports that it is) However in Satisfactorys latest trailer, this shows up.
q4t059y.jpg

I guess it just was a dumb joke but after what hell THQ has gone through, how could they ever think this was smart.

when i saw this on release i was wondering wtf they were they trying to say

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
True Tho I think this trailer was done before the whole happened and it landed on the wrong time
You are right about that, however the gesture wasn't made a white-power symbol overnight. I just think it was really dumb of them to even use it there and eh.

The OK sign has been co-opted by the alt-right. It is especially egregious because white nationalists like to hold it down low to "hide" it.
Yeah, I understand that it has been defiled by the alt-right. So if the parent company is in hot water for using alt-right/nazi websites, why even having that symbol in the trailer? Best way would be to totally scrub anything that can be attached to the problems that they are already facing?

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Yeah, I understand that it has been defiled by the alt-right. So if the parent company is in hot water for using alt-right/nazi websites, why even having that symbol in the trailer? Best way would be to totally scrub anything that can be attached to the problems that they are already facing?

I mean. It either means "lol just a joke." or it could mean something on the team is using it as an alt-right dogwhistle.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
The symbol has no meaning or context in the picture that correlates to anything in the game. So any argument like "it is just an OK sign" or "it is a prank sign between friends" is bollocks.
So WHY are they using it?

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
That OK sign is commonly used among underwater divers and the trailer seems to delibaretly present the jetpack guy as if he was swimming and has a diving suit?

Seems like that could just be it, but i also might be overthinking the trailer.
Regardless, even if the sign has been co-opted, that doesn't mean everyone using it is aware and alt-right.
Even if THQ Nordic doesn't deserve any benefit of doubt.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That OK sign is commonly used among underwater divers and the trailer seems to delibaretly present the jetpack guy as if he was swimming and has a diving suit?

Seems like that could just be it, but i also might be overthinking the trailer.
Regardless, even if the sign has been co-opted, that doesn't mean everyone using it is aware and alt-right.
Even if THQ Nordic doesn't deserve any benefit of doubt.
Wouldn't divers show it in the front, not hidden near the legs?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
q4t059y.jpg

Urghhh...I'd be very surprised if this isn't alt-right reference. No one use this gesture as an "ok" anymore.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think that hand sign was a meme for a bit, in reference to the old "if I trick you into looking at it then I can punch you" trick. It was kind of a bait and switch meme, but it was a couple of years ago or so. I'm not familiar enough with Coffee Stain Studios to know if they're the type to insert covert white-supremacy symbolism into their trailers. It's a bad look in relation to the recent stuff with THQ in any case.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I think that hand sign was a meme for a bit, in reference to the old "if I trick you into looking at it then I can punch you" trick. It was kind of a bait and switch meme, but it was a couple of years ago or so. I'm not familiar enough with Coffee Stain Studios to know if they're the type to insert covert white-supremacy symbolism into their trailers. It's a bad look in relation to the recent stuff with THQ in any case.

We did this when I was in high school about 10 years ago..

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
We did this when I was in high school about 10 years ago..

The 4chan meme prank is from 2017, so this hand gesture had no white-power meaning whatsoever 10 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OK_gesture#White_power_symbol

Actually:

Has the simple thumb-and-forefinger 'OK' hand gesture become a common white supremacist hand sign? Not quite, but it has become a popular gesture used by people across several segments of the right and far right—including some actual white supremacists—who generally use it to trigger reactions. [...] Only if the gesture occurs in context with other clear indicators of white supremacy can one draw that conclusion.[38]

We cannot bite into every 4chan-based misuse of common stuff, otherwise:

Another 4channer suggested spreading the notion that clapping was "anti-feminist."

1dPcyjE.gif

One of the more successful of these recent 4chan hoaxes, also originating in February 2017, was the concept that white supremacists were drinking milk to show "the superiority of the white race" and the "purity of white milk."

Another such hoax was the attempt by 4channers to convince people that white supremacists had adopted a popular polar bear emoji from the messenger app Kik as a white supremacist symbol.

I could not find any reference in the trailers to milk drinking or polar bears.

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Watching The Occupation Quick Look from Giant Bomb and maybe it is their player or something on my end but the game has some strange stutters that bother me quite a bit. Game seems neat and good otherwise though it might need a little bit more work.

Status
Not open for further replies.