• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
This was just announced, it's being developed by Antimatter Games (the developers behind Rising Storm):
'83 is a Cold-War-Gone-Hot, combined arms, first-person military shooter for high player counts (80+) currently in development at Antimatter Games.
'83 pits two large platoons of players against each other in massive maps, fighting over a number of objectives that have a tangible impact on the battle as a whole when held by the victorious faction.
Players will have access to a selection of real-world infantry weapons and equipment, as well as a selection of powerful land and air vehicles which can decisively turn the tide of a battle.

Deleted member 1845

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sega seems doubtful since they've been very succesful on Steam. Stuff like Football Manager, Total War etc is on those top played games list on Steam all year.

Gearbox are kinda whatever for me.

I'm thinking it's Nicalis, as it seems to fit the profile of an overlooked publisher and one that seems like wouldn't mind moneyhats.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Those fanboys just need to be patient and wait for a few months until E3 and stop wasting everyone's time.

Ikr, it's well-known that people on those western sites don't speak russian and keep falling to this undeserved witchhunt against Sergey! Well, problem is, I know russian, and I can confirm that this google translation is not that far from the actual meaning:

And while I was writing this post, he tried to backpedal again, so I gave up and tried to give the most correct translation as I could

Anyway, I'm so tired of this bullshit, going to eat now.

Seryoga should think before he clicks like button on some dubious content, even if it really is what he thinks, he's not just a SteamSpy guy anymore. At least Турбожирдяй, whoever the hell he is, seems to enjoy his 15 minutes of fame in international interwebs.

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
I never played hyper light drifter. Any demo of the game? I forgot that this was a big release a few years ago....
Back when I played it (late after release however) I was always eager to jump back in and continue exploring. HLD is a very moody game despite the eyecatching, lovely use of colors. It's well-structured, filled with details and secrets some you'll come around and figure out, others waaay deeper I didn't care for. Playing casually I avoided being overwhelmed by the collectibles or cursing the not-so-detailed map. While the world is rich, the complexity can mess your sense of direction if you're trying to return somewhere specific/took a break from the game.

Can't forget Disasterpeace's ambient, synthesized soundtrack. Powerful and vital to the game.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Funny to think that this year at e3 the MS conference maybe the show we see most PC announcements that aren't going to be Epic Store exclusives.

Memphis-Ahn

Nov 7, 2017
I just did the math, buying out half of TakeTwo's stock would cost $5 billion, assuming it's sold at the market price.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Does Sony even have money to buy T2? I reckon it'll cost them 15-25 billion dollars and Sony is not in the shape to spend this kind of cash right now. MS on the other hand...

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Sergey saying something stupid he said was translated wrong and then proceeds to not explain what was wrong about it.

I smell a pattern here.

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
Sergey saying something stupid he said was translated wrong and then proceeds to not explain what was wrong about it.

I smell a pattern here.
KFC-Double-Down-Three-Flavors-1.png

Just pick your flavor.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017

I smell a pattern here.

It was better when we knew almost nothing about him, aside steamspy.
Because it's been almost an year now that he is being an asshole on Twitter. I guess that you never know who you are dealing with behind the anonymity of internet

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
It was better when we knew almost nothing about him, aside steamspy.
Because it's been almost an year now that he is being an asshole on Twitter. I guess that you never know who you are dealing with behind the anonymity of internet
He was always an asshole if you tried to comment any of the math errors of SteamSpy.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Back when I played it (late after release however) I was always eager to jump back in and continue exploring. HLD is a very moody game despite the eyecatching, lovely use of colors. It's well-structured, filled with details and secrets some you'll come around and figure out, others waaay deeper I didn't care for. Playing casually I avoided being overwhelmed by the collectibles or cursing the not-so-detailed map. While the world is rich, the complexity can mess your sense of direction if you're trying to return somewhere specific/took a break from the game.

Can't forget Disasterpeace's ambient, synthesized soundtrack. Powerful and vital to the game.

I llooooooooovvvveee disasterpeace's stuff.

Did not know it was open world.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Ah man I gotta pick up Dwarf Fortress to support the guy. The state of health care here in the US is a complete shame.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
So reading this German article about Rape Day and how bad the topic of sex is handled in video games still. https://www.zeit.de/digital/games/2019-03/rape-day-videospiel-vergewaltigung-games

Then I read this sentence:

Am Wochenende war es dann kurzzeitig auf der Plattform Humble Bundle für 15 US-Dollar erhältlich, seit Montag ist es auch dort gesperrt.

Which translate to that Rape Day was available over the weekend on Humble Bundle. Is that true and if so...

what the fuck?

They might take our games, but they will never take our waifus:

I wish it was the other way around.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So reading this German article about Rape Day and how bad the topic of sex is handled in video games still. https://www.zeit.de/digital/games/2019-03/rape-day-videospiel-vergewaltigung-games

Then I read this sentence:

Which translate to that Rape Day was available over the weekend on Humble Bundle. Is that true and if so...

what the fuck?

I wish it was the other way around.
That has to be a lie.

Edit: does not appear in the wayback machine

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
The Shapeshifting Detective is a pretty fun experience. It was on sale last week, I'd recommend it. Gonna do a second "stupid" playthrough for the shitty detective achievements. I liked how the killer is randomised so you can't just read a guide. I got it right on the first playthrough despite the game throwing some massive red herrings at you.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
All things considered the upcoming Power Rangers fighter looks promising, but you can tell further see the inspirations for this game through the trailer

Green Ranger has Andy's Kuu-ha-dan
andy-fly-rl.gif

Lord Drakkon has Magnetic Shockwave
magneto-magneticshockwave.gif

...and Rugal's Genocide Cutter
rugal-cvs2-specialkick.gif

Mastodon Sentry's super resembles BB Hood's/Bulleta's
bbhood-vampire-saviot-super1.gif

Kat Ranger is giving some Iori/Mature/X-23 vibes with her slash attacks. Closest thing resembling her super is Pullum's whirlwind super from Street Fighter EX/Fighting Layer EX.

I like that Megaforce Yellow feels more like she's based on Luka/Gokai Yellow though. Her super is like Juri's SF5 super too.

Status
Not open for further replies.