• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting, if BL3 goes to Epic and with all other major new shlooters (fuck you guys for making me call it that) locked to specific launchers, it leaves a huge opening on Steam for someone to fill that gap.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
It's interesting, if BL3 goes to Epic and with all other major new shlooters (fuck you guys for making me call it that) locked to specific launchers, it leaves a huge opening on Steam for someone to fill that gap.

Valve would do well to revive Stars of Blood, the open-world space pirate game it shelved several years ago (probably because it was far too ambitious for Source).

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I will never call a game a shlooter. That word sounds disgusting and I hate it.
Destiny 3

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
giphy.gif

Re shlooter

Last edited:

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if anyone has played "Noel the Mortal Fate"? https://store.steampowered.com/app/850000/Noel_The_Mortal_Fate_S17/
I couldn't find any thread about it here or on the old place; in fact I can barely find discussions about it at all. I stumbled upon the game during the winter sale as a recommendation and got curious about it. I've heard there's translation issues in later episodes, but it's a bit hard to judge without examples...

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
I bet the moment Bungie got out of their contract with Activision Tim Sweeny stood outside their office with a huge bag o' money.

Issue is that GAAS games want as large as possible userbase to sell micro-transactions too, a one time lump sum of money from EPIC wont be cutting it since its not just the intitals sales that matter its the long term revenue from having a large playerbase.

So far the only GAAS game that got moneyhatted is The Division 2 and lo and behold that has its own launcher and micro-transaction store unrelated and untied to EPIC. even ubisoft said uplay pre-orders are up but no word about the EPIC store itself.

So EPIC can at most hope for EPIC + Bungie Launcher exclusivity, which means basically everyone just buys straight from Bungie.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
https://store.steampowered.com/app/975370/Dwarf_Fortress/

Weird

Free program gets paid version with some audio and skin options built in and I guess workshop support... I'd buy that.

Oh hells yeah. Day One!

Workshop support sounds glorious.

Kinda sad about why it's coming to Steam though.

"We don't talk about this much, but for many years, Zach has been on expensive medication, which has fortunately been covered by his healthcare. It's a source of constant concern, as the plan has changed a few times and as the political environment has shifted. We have other family health risks, and as we get older, the precariousness of our situation increases; after Zach's latest cancer scare, we determined that with my healthcare plan's copay etc., I'd be wiped out if I had to undergo the same procedures. That said, crowdfunding is by far our main source of income and the reason we're still here. Your support is still crucial, as the Steam release may or may not bring us the added stability we're seeking now and it's some months away."

- https://www.patreon.com/posts/25343688

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Tsk no the issue still persists:
I am playing Testament of Sherlock Holmes and when I go to Fullscreen it sets to 30 FPS.
I did the latest windows update a few minutes ago and the issue persists.

My only fix is to set the game to Windowed, then use Borderless windowed to keep playing at 60 FPS.

edit: this is the only game affected by it, I wonder if this is because of some NVidia physx files being borked...

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Oh hells yeah. Day One!

Workshop support sounds glorious.

Kinda sad about why it's coming to Steam though.

"We don't talk about this much, but for many years, Zach has been on expensive medication, which has fortunately been covered by his healthcare. It's a source of constant concern, as the plan has changed a few times and as the political environment has shifted. We have other family health risks, and as we get older, the precariousness of our situation increases; after Zach's latest cancer scare, we determined that with my healthcare plan's copay etc., I'd be wiped out if I had to undergo the same procedures. That said, crowdfunding is by far our main source of income and the reason we're still here. Your support is still crucial, as the Steam release may or may not bring us the added stability we're seeking now and it's some months away."

- https://www.patreon.com/posts/25343688
oh no that's very sad :(

i wish we could just fix our healthcare system already

fucking republicans trying to kill people

wonder if a thread should be made about it

Edit there already is!

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
To 20/4? Not sure what that would achieve.
No, he mant delaying it 16 months, so it released on the 20th month, Dodekacember.
G6s0xhi.png
mvNCdEc.png

I thought you were the same dude with a different avatar. It turns out you are different people.
He's my alter ego. I use it to say stuff that would get me warnings, so my main account can stay pristine. Don't tell Era staff about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.