• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States

Shoutout to InquisitorAles for a surprise cameo in this Twitter thread.

Haha. What a dumbass. It's surprising they still let Sergey run around posting all manner of dumb shit on Twitter. But, I guess you could say Epic doesn't seem to be very concerned with how people perceive them.

Edit: just saw that Pitchford tweet above. Hahaha. A double dose of stupidity this morning.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Haha. What a dumbass. It's surprising they still let Sergey run around posting all manner of dumb shit on Twitter. But, I guess you could say Epic doesn't seem to be very concerned with how people perceive them.

They literally spelled out that they're looking to compete on "game supply". Niceness and positive PR isn't in the playbook, so whatever, I'm not even mad about that.

Let see how buying exclusives works long term.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Ron-Gosling-Clapping-Reaction-Gif-At-An-Awards-Show.gif
"I don't know how much you know about the russian language (I'm an expert)"

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Oh man, if Gearbox is going to be saved from bankruptcy by, of all people, Epic/Chinese Government that would be kind of hilarious. Randy Pitchford and that other guy who brought Telltale down to their demise, both together finally. That would be one hell of a ship to sink in the future. Add in Nordic/Deep Silver and you have a bingo for scummy scum scumming together.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Oh man, if Gearbox is going to be saved from bankruptcy by, of all people, Epic/Chinese Government that would be kind of hilarious. Randy Pitchford and that other guy who brought Telltale down to their demise, both together finally. That would be one hell of a ship to sink in the future. Add in Nordic/Deep Silver and you have a bingo for scummy scum scumming together.

Sega's money can only go so far.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
If Borderlands 3 gets announced as Epic Games Store exclusive
and I disappear
Just know it's because I went into witness protection and ran away
I'm a farmer in Missouri now

Zophop

Apr 12, 2018
The whole situation with the Epic store is just a massive clusterfuck of nonsense. I don't fault devs wanting extra money in their pockets (more money is never a bad thing) but to pass it off as being pro consumer is so disingenuous. People would be far more understanding I think if they'd just come out own it that they took the paycheck for their own benefit - I wouldn't begrudge that at all personally. I'm not a dev, I buy video games as a hobby, so if devs get a larger cut of sales then that means potentially more good games for me to play in the future which is great.

You know what is greater though? More money in my pocket. I'll buy my games wherever they're cheapest because that benefits me. Devs don't owe me shit, but I don't owe devs anything either.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I'd wait for the reveal to try and jump on that

Remember that it's a 2K game too, and they've been pretty upfront about not being down with this. Stranger things have happened, though?
*looks at Sergei's Twitter*

*sees he RT'd the Borderlands 3 announcement*

oh ok
There's this too from a few months ago (it's in the same twitter thread):

Sure, it could still not happen, but, the odds of them going EGS exclusive are pretty high, especially with the tease of Epic doing a multi-games deal with a major publisher, it just sounds like something that Gearbox would sign for, I think.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
There's this too from a few months ago (it's in the same twitter thread):

Sure, it could still not happen, but, the odds of them going EGS exclusive are pretty high.

The main thing that gives me pause is that 2K is the pub, and they seem just fine with Steam PC wise

Like I bet it's on Epic, but also Steam's bit and maybe a few other storefronts

Why, don't you wanna play Viscera Cleanup Detail - ResetERA edition?

I am the Serial Cleaner

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Remember people Randy wanted to use G2A to promote Bulletstorm Remastered. And he didn't see anything wrong with that.

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
You guys keep forgetting about this pub and taking them as granted, so no wonder they accepted Epic moneybags. Again, I really hope I'm wrong about this one, but thankfully GDC is next week so we won't need to wonder any longer.

I suspect I know which publisher you're talking about, but let's not focus on that for now.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Not true. most recent releases are missing:

- forza 7
- forza horizon 4
- crackdown 3
- halo wars 2
- age of empires remastered
- minecraft
- state of decay 2

Yup pattern has not changed. Some of you all would be terrible at pattern identification lol.

MCC was handled mostly by 3rd party since day 1 with 343i managing and filling in gaps. Didn't work out well but even the updated version is 3rd party with 343i assisting.

MS has been dumping this stuff on steam ever since the announcement. They are treating MCC as a re release so it's just like Recore Definition edition.

Only people shocked are those making up conspiracies in their head.

The more shocking thing is the abscence of Halo Wars 2 on steam as I believe all new content for that is wrapped up. Hopefully that gets dropped eventually.

You should be thanking Satya as Phil is following the same marching orders as the rest of the company. Expect Xbox to be everywhere as they want to grow MAU hence Xbox live login.

MCC will be used as a testing bed and hopefully we see Xbox spread to even more places on top of additional services.

True first party landing on external platforms we have not seen yet. the strategy there will be interesting and hopefully will be revealed soon.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
You should be thanking Satya as Phil is following the same marching orders as the rest of the company. Expect Xbox to be everywhere as they want to grow MAU hence Xbox live login.

Yup, Satya's vision for Microsoft as a company is entirely based on 'you can use our software wherever you want, however you want, as long as you keep that subscription going'

It's actually very forward facing and he's been there for a few years, so expect the push to keep going

Oh no.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
If borderlands 3 is exclusive to EGS on PC, I will...

1) either wait for it to come to steam eventually

2) Buy it on EGS in a few years when it's heavily discounted if I remember it exists on the store that is by that time

Status
Not open for further replies.