• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Ok PC era, this cheap $10 blue tooth mouse is pissing me off with its randomly not reading inputs or movements.

Should I bite the gamer bullet and get a Razer Deathadder or is there some other recommended mousing device these days.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
The front page of the phoenix point reddit right now:
  • Direct link to ask for a refund (it's hidden in the FAQ otherwise)
  • PSA: Xenonauts 2 is also an exciting game and will NOT be exclusive to the Epic store
  • jl0xc6wczql21.jpg
  • Don't agree to the new terms
  • t13812zgatl21.jpg
  • Julian you need to make things right here..Pledges need to be refunded in the same way the were received
  • 4cu2yd1auql21.png
  • 8elafok88rl21.jpg
  • So long, and thanks for all the scam
  • 2j63ghhewql21.jpg
  • Refunded (You too?)
  • Things I'd rather do than download the EPIC store launcher
  • Ar7mFJA.png
  • My time and attention is now exclusive to a different game.
  • good luck devs (im gonna wish the dev's good luck with this hot trash)
  • Old Tim Sweeney interview condemning exclusivity
  • A perspective from Australia (We have a law here called the Australian Consumer Law)
  • Remember: Gather proof they promised Steam/GOG keys to current backers and spread the word.
  • Phoenix Point is now Epic Games Store exclusive for one year
  • Getting in bed with Epic is a really smart move and Julian is really smart (not trolling really mean it)
  • I wonder what the legalities are pirating a game you own for the first year?
  • After all the negative feedback other devs got for these exclusivity deals
  • e4hakskfgrl21.jpg
  • ji702xnbirl21.jpg
  • Phoenix Point is a Ponzi Scheme

The last one is surprisingly accurate if you think about it

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Honestly. I really wonder how the people on Era always "justifying" it by saying: "Well. Its just business. Good decision for the dev if they get so much money!" would feel if a game they are looking forward to is exclusive for 1 year for another console:

"Oh. Nier 3 is exclusive to Xbox for 1 year. Great moneyhat by MS! Securing Taros future! Can't feel bad for him!"
"Oh. The next No More Heroes is timed exclusive for 1 year for Sony! GREAT! SUDA51 needs all the money they can get!"

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Jullian Gollop: How to Ruin Your Reputation in 5 Minutes or Less.

I don't even remember what was the last time when a highly respected designer turned into butt-monkey so fast. It took years with Dyack and Itagaki is still somewhat respected despite being pos and not making anything worth a damn in almost a decade. Hell, even Daikatana didn't sink Romero that fast.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I looked at the posts that caused the recent wave of bannings of PC Era members. It doesn't seem like the punishment fitted the crime, nor did there seem to be any history of aggressive behavior in most cases. Hopefully it's just a case of the moderators trying to keep Epic threads in check before things get out of hand by being more strict towards both sides and not some sort of message towards this community.

Honestly. I really wonder how the people on Era always "justifying" it by saying: "Well. Its just business. Good decision for the dev if they get so much money!" would feel if a game they are looking forward to is exclusive for 1 year for another console:

It would be interesting to see what happens if Google's console is announced along with a slew of timed console exclusives.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Realized I hadn't set my cpu to dynamic offset after upgrading mb/cpu and my temperatures are so much more stable now while idling. Don't understand why motherboards designed for higher end cpus come with such ridiculous voltages by default.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
*Ass removed*

so the ada campaign is pretty bad so far, it mostly consists on bad puzzles and bad stealth and replaying the same old sections

and well staring at her ass i guess

what's worse is that she's so lame talking to herself in her sultry super spy voice, i hate it. it's neat when she's taunting leon or chris or whatever, it's very lame when she's talking to herself

honestly switch around characters was probably a bad idea since you end up repeating so many sections but also this is a bad game that likes to make you play the same thing twice from another perspective that sees the same fucking thing

grr that's so bad
That is the only good campaign out of a bad bunch which isn't exactly much praise for the campaign itself. I liked that there is no AI companion to lug around and the pacing felt better but the same structural problems remain.

Wait till you get to the mother of all turret sequences. Not only is it dull as bricks but goes on for way too long on top of that...ungh.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Ok PC era, this cheap $10 blue tooth mouse is pissing me off with its randomly not reading inputs or movements.

Should I bite the gamer bullet and get a Razer Deathadder or is there some other recommended mousing device these days.
Logitech have the best mice around these days. Depending on how much you want to spend.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
I was thinking, Epic is being pretty stupid with their moneyhatting.

Anyone can moneyhat a game that's already coming out on PC. I can partly understand the developers who take the money, but all you end up doing is frustrating customers and causing negative PR.

So why not moneyhat games that aren't on PC instead? Journey is coming, so Sony must be open to the idea. How much do you think they'll want for Bloodborne? No one is going to buy a PS5 for OG Bloodborne, the games sales are basically dried up at this point. If Epic can throw 800K to 1mil to an Indie compnay, what's 15 million to bring Bloodborne to PC. Or one of Sony's under-performing series like Gravity Rush or Tearaway.

Hell, go full big balls and moneyhat Ubisoft and Nintendo for Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle. People would go batshit.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The Ubi deal in particular doesn't seem like it was given due consideration, assuming reports that a key component of Epic's exclusivity deals is reimbursement for missed sales expectations are accurate. The Steam/Uplay split for Ubi's AAA games is estimated to be roughly 50/50, so I assume that's the number Ubi gave Epic, and virtually nobody is going to choose EGS over Uplay itself.

In short: youplayedyourself.gif

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017

Tried googling this, can't seem to find this model available in Japan. Could maybe get it sent here though. They do have a "classic" model of this though, not sure if its the same.

Logitech have the best mice around these days. Depending on how much you want to spend.

Eh... I'm cheap, but after several cheap mice in the last 3 years, its time to just go for something that lasts/feels good. $35~60ish is what I want to say, but maybe more if its decent.

Also not deep into games like FPS and what not outside co-op such as Destiny or single player ala DOOM 2016 so I don't need to go overboard with nonsense features.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
The Ubi deal in particular doesn't seem like it was given due consideration, assuming reports that a key component of Epic's exclusivity deals is reimbursement for missed sales expectations are accurate. The Steam/Uplay split for Ubi's AAA games is estimated to be roughly 50/50, so I assume that's the number Ubi gave Epic, and virtually nobody is going to choose EGS over Uplay itself.

Who knows, maybe they thought that the publicity from the deal would be the biggest benefit.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, it's clearly a different deal than, say, Metro Exodus, since uPlay keeps selling the game, physical keyboxes are uPlay and so on. It would be sane if Epic opted out of guarantees in return, since people migrating to uPlay instead was obviously a possibility.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see his Google thing being anything more than another Ubisoft. Flat and bland gaming experiences meant to grab the masses that ultimately feel hollow and unrewarding.

Dont @ me siege fans.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Who knows, maybe they thought that the publicity from the deal would be the biggest benefit.

"All publicity is good publicity. Especially bad publicity."
- Sweeney, Tim

I mean, it's clearly a different deal than, say, Metro Exodus, since uPlay keeps selling the game, physical keyboxes are uPlay and so on. It would be sane if Epic opted out of guarantees in return, since people migrating to uPlay instead was obviously a possibility.

Sure, but that could just be a consequence of Ubi having its own platform and Epic needing to tweak the deal accordingly. Who knows.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

"Oh. Nier 3 is exclusive to Xbox for 1 year. Great moneyhat by MS! Securing Taros future! Can't feel bad for him!"
"Oh. The next No More Heroes is timed exclusive for 1 year for Sony! GREAT! SUDA51 needs all the money they can get!"

Do you remember the shitshow that was Bayonetta 2? :) and this is when there was more than justifiable evidence that Nintendo funded development, heaven knows how bad it would have been if it were just a simple moneyhat.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Well, about that Halo MCC announcement went just as expected. It was going to be my "told ya!" moment, but apparently I fucked up and posted most of the hints about this mostly on PC ERA discord, but anyway
Welp I hope you're ready for disappointment
I'd love to see that but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Expecting MS to do the sensible thing wrt to gaming is a recipe for major disappointment.
I'd love to see it happen, but it's not gonna happen.
i admire your optimism, that's all ill say
I felt bad for SuikerBrood because he was actually almost on the money with his take about MS and Steam.
Guys, I just want to say, never say never.
Point is, never doubt my boy Phill, he knows what he's doing. Sweeney can still try to rake in and piss in the pool, but you need to always remember that big corps like MS is slow and these things and changes take time. And if everything will go well with Halo MCC, expect more MS first-party games on Steam.

I can't think of too many pubs, outside of THQ, Ubi, and Devolver?
You guys keep forgetting about this pub and taking them as granted, so no wonder they accepted Epic moneybags. Again, I really hope I'm wrong about this one, but thankfully GDC is next week so we won't need to wonder any longer.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw the Master Chief Collection news.

Phil Spencer: "This spring we making Epic Game Store fans rage."

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Well, about that Halo MCC announcement went just as expected. It was going to be my "told ya!" moment, but apparently I fucked up and posted most of the hints about this mostly on PC ERA discord, but anyway

I felt bad for SuikerBrood because he was actually almost on the money with his take about MS and Steam.

Point is, never doubt my boy Phill, he knows what he's doing. Sweeney can still try to rake in and piss in the pool, but you need to always remember that big corps like MS is slow and these things and changes take time. And if everything will go well with Halo MCC, expect more MS first-party games on Steam.

You guys keep forgetting about this pub and taking them as granted, so no wonder they accepted Epic moneybags. Again, I really hope I'm wrong about this one, but thankfully GDC is next week so we won't need to wonder any longer.
I must know
please I must know
will we at least get something GREEN (aside from the XBL integration)
on Steam this year too?

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I must know
please I must know
will we at least get something GREEN (aside from the XBL integration)
on Steam this year too?
As I've said already, there are some plans, but I have no idea about the exact date if you ask this. You guys always doubted MS, but I said it many times before they ARE interested in PC market and stuff like mods support, it just not that easy to make those changes with corporate culture MS have. Just wait for GDC, there will be stuff about PC too.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
As I've said already, there are some plans, but I have no idea about the exact date if you ask this. You guys always doubted MS, but I said it many times before they ARE interested in PC market and stuff like mods support, it just not that easy to make those changes with corporate culture MS have. Just wait for GDC, there will be stuff about PC too.
Aight thanks, will look forward to that.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Really should have waited on Devil May Cry 5 because now I'm in one of those backlog holes where instead of playing anything I spend 30 minutes deciding which of the games to continue tsk

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sea of Thieves on Steam? :P you know that would blow up if priced correctly.

Would need to be $20-$30 at least. Although I guess some would give it a go if Microsoft gave them $10 or so.

I can't see his Google thing being anything more than another Ubisoft. Flat and bland gaming experiences meant to grab the masses that ultimately feel hollow and unrewarding.

Google to sell the halo collection too?

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt he cares whether he shits on Epic's future customers or not. If he's not turning at least $30k a month with Patreon contributions and Epic salary, he's doing something wrong. Either by the end of this year or next he'll be a millionaire, depending upon when he started working for Epic.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I think the latest Windows Update did something to game performance.
Before the update, Testament of Sherlock Holmes ran fine in Fullscreen, but after this update, the FPS drops to 30 FPS.
I had to go Windowed+Borderless windowed to get it borderless fullscreen and for the FPS to be normal again.

Anyone know what's specifically causing this odd situation? I've updated my NVidia card to latest one too.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I think the latest Windows Update did something to game performance.
Before the update, Testament of Sherlock Holmes ran fine in Fullscreen, but after this update, the FPS drops to 30 FPS.
I had to go Windowed+Borderless windowed to get it borderless fullscreen and for the FPS to be normal again.

Anyone know what's specifically causing this odd situation? I've updated my NVidia card to latest one too.
Funny you say that, I had two freezes in Warframe yesterday and my GPU once put the fans to 100% for some time. I did not change anything regarding drivers. Huh.

So that Phoenix Point AMA is still set for today, right?
200.gif

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Our beloved Galyonkin shiting on their future customers:

6P2Fprr.jpg
I mean, the guy already was probably told to shut up by Epic once he fucked up their PR with the whole "no, the translation from the stuff I said in the podcast was wrong!" and then when correcting saying the same stuff as the translation.

And basically putting most indies on warning because the Influencer cut they expect is ludicrous.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Our beloved Galyonkin shiting on their future customers:

6P2Fprr.jpg
Hahaha, I don't know why we have so many shills in Russia, it's weird to see so many people willing to suck a big corporate dick and be like "yo, make me your bitch fam", not talking about this guy in particular, he is most likely an influencer, but there're so many dumb fucks in that twitter thread who support his sentiment I feel ashamed on their behalf.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Funny you say that, I had two freezes in Warframe yesterday and my GPU once put the fans to 100% for some time. I did not change anything regarding drivers. Huh.

200.gif
Yesterday any game would run fine and i dont find that update file that should be deleted in my update history.
Id the issue is due to gsmes running in full screen then borderless is a temp. Solution for the time being

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
I should start selling my services as a Kickstarter golden idol.

- 100% success rate in everything I backed.
- No bullshit in anything I ever backed.
- Products always came out with extra as opposed to what was promised.

Pay me a sum which includes the cost of backing the Kickstarter and I will back it with you and bring you great luck*

Status
Not open for further replies.