• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Leon's part in RE2, thoguht the ending was really abruptive. Like
Leon enterns the train, sees Claire and an unknown girl, says "Hi claire", Claire smiles, cue credits.

Playing through Claire's part now, but I feel her part is going a lot faster than Leon's part, partly because I know where most of the stuff I need is.

The A ending is abrupt because the true ending is in the B playthrough, I guess you probably already realized this from the post-credits stinger.

That's a wrap on the NuRaider trilogy. Here's my scientifically accurate scoring:

TR2013 - 7/10
RotTR - 5/10
SotTR - 8/10

Swap Rise and Shadow for the general consensus. :P

Last edited:

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
My personal record of concurrent friends online.

ANhwIOD.png
Hey, I'm one of those!

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So what if it was 15 years ago. The thing is they used those games to attract people to the store and now that they pretty much control the PC landscape for game sales they now don't feel compelled to release that many games?

I just think if you host a store and are a game developer that you should keep making games, not just decline making games because the money is pouring in. Sony controls the marketshare for third party games, woudn't many be upset if they stop producing 1st party titles? This all goes back to the notion of what Epic is doign and trying to combat Steam and using exclusives as a means to have a shot at being somewhat competitive. Of couse their store needs to be better to start but I still think Steam is such a monster that even on a level playing field they have a huge uphill battle to get anyone to change now.

The thing is because they are a private company nobody even knows how much they get from Steam. So they could very well be building a warchest of money. I am in no way trying to suggest they are just sitting back and going to strip bars every night but can't they do all that and keep game development going?

Pretty sure majority of steam users are people who are attracted to the store due to the game library overall and the features - at least to me that's how I ended up.

I started PC gaming back in 2012 - I have an account for every storefront but I like steam more cause of its features.

I'd rather have them improve their customer service, forums, profile management and additional stuff like controller support which btw is way better than any other store front , steam cards are great because not only can you make money off selling them but you can also increase your level to get more stuff , etc which I wish Sony had .

The achievement system needs to be upgraded and make it more like xbl where you have a gamer score imo but even as it is now I feel compelled to buy steam versions of indies over Nintendo indies due to them lol

Don't really care if they have a war chest of money , use that to improve and maintain service more than making games. Wish they used the money for artifact to improve customer service support lol.

I say if Epic wants to moneyhat, instead of making games, Valve should moneyhat devs and publishers - the tears would be amazing

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure majority of steam users are people who are attracted to the store due to the game library overall and the features - at least to me that's how I ended up.

I started PC gaming back in 2012 - I have an account for every storefront but I like steam more cause of its features.

I'd rather have them improve their customer service, forums, profile management and additional stuff like controller support which btw is way better than any other store front , steam cards are great because not only can you make money off selling them but you can also increase your level to get more stuff , etc which I wish Sony had .

The achievement system needs to be upgraded and make it more like xbl where you have a gamer score imo but even as it is now I feel compelled to buy steam versions of indies over Nintendo indies due to them lol

Don't really care if they have a war chest of money , use that to improve and maintain service more than making games. Wish they used the money for artifact to improve customer service support lol.

I say if Epic wants to moneyhat, instead of making games, Valve should moneyhat devs and publishers - the tears would be amazing
I am not sure about achivements, they are good as they are and you can already showcase them on your profile, same as showing how many games and how many achivements you have completed. Being able to tie achivement with item drops (they already allow I think? but i havent really found a game doing it) would be interesting too.

About Service support...
https://store.steampowered.com/stats/support

You do know they have improved a lot in the last 2 years right?

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Valve should straightout come and say that they will no longer be game devs to better act as publisher & platform manager, so there's no more stupid whining about HL3 and such.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else is having issues with UPlay just randomly shutting down?

I don't have any issues with it while playing a game but often, I'll want to launch a Ubi game and realize that UPlay is no longer running? It almost looks like it just shutdowns if it times out for innactivty (which by itself is a dumb thing to do... Why would you time out?)

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I am not sure about achivements, they are good as they are and you can already showcase them on your profile, same as showing how many games and how many achivements you have completed. Being able to tie achivement with item drops (they already allow I think? but i havent really found a game doing it) would be interesting too.

About Service support...
https://store.steampowered.com/stats/support

You do know they have improved a lot in the last 2 years right?

Yeah I am okay with how it is especially considering Nintendo doesn't have a system for their ecosystem but I wouldn't mind a improvement here or there ;p

As for customer service, last time I sent a ticket in was back in 2016 so if the service improved, then great! I rarely do I send in a ticket lol and as for refunds , have yet to do any refunds.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Valve should straightout come and say that they will no longer be game devs to better act as publisher & platform manager, so there's no more stupid whining about HL3 and such.

But I mean they develop games. They just released Artifact and have In the Valley of Gods for 2019.

Besides the unannounced titles that Gaben just a few days confirmed are still worked on.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

It's gonna be a very long time if there ever ends up being a Grimrock 3 but this game looks like it's shaping up to be a nice grid crawler.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they do that, when it isn't true? They're actively developing games. I mean hell, Erik Wolfpaw is back actively at Valve.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Oxenfree was cool. But, I don't really think I would miss out on much by waiting an extra year for the follow up.

These Epic freebies have been kinda disappointing for me. I've already had every one so far except Axiom Verge and Thimbleweed Park. I hope they step their game up for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if that tactic actually works with those Indiegames. I would argue most people who are into indiegames would just say "meh, gotta play something else" or "meh I can wait".
That's certainly how I feel. I have 300+ games in my Steam wishlist already on top of what I already own and havent got round to playing, its not like I desperately need newer games.

The only thing that could really give me pause would be something in a currently underserved niche and thats pretty rare these days.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I would really like to ask those indie devs who sign deals with Epic who are they making games for. From their behavior they are obviously making them just to earn money. But it is hard to believe that.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
That's certainly how I feel. I have 300+ games in my Steam wishlist already on top of what I already own and havent got round to playing, its not like I desperately need newer games.

The only thing that could really give me pause would be something in a currently underserved niche and thats pretty rare these days.

I don't even bother buying indie titles anymore - focusing more on AA and AAA titles

I just wait for them to be free or included in a bundle

Pulling them off steam is only gonna make me wait longer which I don't mind

I have 1,900+ games in my library and 2,000+ on wishlist

On top of that I still have a backlog of PS3, PS4, WiiU, etc games lol

I can wait 😂

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I wonder if that tactic actually works with those Indiegames. I would argue most people who are into indiegames would just say "meh, gotta play something else" or "meh I can wait".
I can definitely wait since I have more than enough good games in my backlog. And all those bundles and sales just add to it.

And I'm also not someone who often buys indie games at full price/release but Rebel Galaxy Outlaw and Afterparty hurt because I enjoyed both their predecessors so much and I wanted to support the devs. But I just don't agree with Epic's business practices.

But then again. I was also super mad when Metro Exodus became an Epic exclusive because it was one of my most anticipated games this year. Then I played RE2, Yakuza Kiwami, and another game and now I hardly ever think about Metro and I'm definitely not willing to pay full price once they release it on Steam. Same for RG:O and Afterparty. So instead of Day1 and full price I'll wait for bundles and/or good discounts for each of those games. Money saved I guess.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't even be opposed to buying games on Epic game Store if they wouldn't do the moneyhat strategy. But that plus that I don't really trusting them with data security (they don't send an activation email) for my payment details and even my phone number for 2FA makes me not use the store much other than maybe grabbing the free games.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't even be opposed to buying games on Epic game Store if they wouldn't do the moneyhat strategy. But that plus that I don't really trusting them with data security (they don't send an activation email) for my payment details and even my phone number for 2FA makes me not use the store much other than maybe grabbing the free games.
According to this site (https://epicgames.helpshift.com/a/e...factor-authentication-2fa-and-how-do-i-opt-in) they do support 2FA via Google Auhenticator and other apps.
I am miffed that GOG doesn't allow using an App and still sends me emails

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Oxenfree was cool. But, I don't really think I would miss out on much by waiting an extra year for the follow up.

These Epic freebies have been kinda disappointing for me. I've already had every one so far except Axiom Verge and Thimbleweed Park. I hope they step their game up for the rest of the year.

Yeah, the biggest freebie was probably Subnautica, the first they released. Nothing else really stood out, or rather, nothing was a "fuck-yeah" freebie that would have attracted the mainstream.

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
I have a random question for GSYNC monitor owning people that have played Dark Souls 3...so this might not ever get answered. Did any of you have bad tearing and have to cap the frame rate to 59 to get rid of it? Cuz that's what I did in RivaTuner and that fixed it, but I'm not sure if there's a more elegant solution or something I'm missring.
I don't think there's a better solution, but some engines are funky and some things have to be optimized manually. Had a similar problem with my Shadowplay recordings being choppy on g-sync monitor until I used a framelimiter. Short video.

https://webmshare.com/play/qw3Dg

I think it's great lot's of console ports are now having unlocked framerates (RE2, Yakuza Kiwami, Sunset Overdrive) for that 120fps+ goodness. The ones that most need it are the Musou games - still 60fps (actually 59.97) though. Step it up Koei Tecmo.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Tears from who? I think the majority including myself like using Steam.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They have a bigger output than Blizzard since 2004, Is Blizzard "not making games"?

In 2012 Blizzard had 4,700 employees, 3 years later they had half that largely due to WoW's decline in popularity. Someone already stated these MMO games seem to be the priority at the time (which takes huge resources) and likely explains Valve spending so much time and attention with DOTA 2. Since WoW we had Diablo III come out in 2012, Starcraft II (2010), Heroes of the Storm (2015), Heartstone (2014) and Overwatch (2016). Isn't that more than what Valve has released since 2010?

They are also part of...Activision. Nothing else needs to be said.

Last edited:

Memphis-Ahn

Nov 7, 2017
Between Satisfactory, Operencia and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, I might just start giving Epic my money.
I'd really rather not though.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
In 2012 Blizzard had 4,700 employees, 3 years later they had half that largely due to WoW's decline in popularity. Someone already stated these MMO games seem to be the priority at the time (which takes huge resources) and likely explains Valve spending so much time and attention with DOTA 2. Since WoW we had Diablo III come out in 2012, Starcraft II (2010), Heroes of the Storm (2015), Heartstone (2014) and Overwatch (2016). Isn't that more than what Valve has released since 2010?

They are also part of...Activision. Nothing else needs to be said.

According to YOUR list: Since WoW came out:

2004 - Half Life 2
2008 - Left 4 Dead
2007 - Portal
2007 - Team Fortress 2
2008 - Left 4 Dead 2
2011 - Portal 2
2012 - you forgot CSGO
2013 - DOTA 2
2016 - The Lab
2018 - Artifact

With under a tenth of the employees. What is your argument again? Why set the starting point at 2010, the explanation of a decrease of output lies in the GAAS Model. MMO's are the pioneers of GAAS, so either we start at 2004 (WoW) or 2007 (TF2) in both start dates, Valve comes ahead, with a 2010 start date, for whatever reason, they both have the same output. Again, with under a tenth of the employees.

What has Activision-Blizzard to do with any of that, Valve isn't a publisher, just a dev. We are comparing devs, not pubs.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Between Satisfactory, Operencia and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, I might just start giving Epic my money.
I'd really rather not though.

We currently have the discussion in the Satisfactory thread. from what I saw from a streamer who streamed it for 10 hours, it seriously is lacking in the factory breadth department. Looks more like 10% Factorio and 90% Subnautica. Nothing that would sway me to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.