• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Vermintide II is fun as fuck.

Bought.

843c5336-fc2d-4bcc-ba7e-4eef0368c1ac.png

Dakath

Oct 26, 2017
So I bought Warriors Orochi 4 and it seems to have a kind of unstable framerate. The game isnt exactly a looker, so...whats going on?

I feel like I've heard every single Omega Force musou game has garbage frame rate on PC. I'd try capping the frame rate with RTSS and see what happens. Actually, I think I have that One Piece one installed and could try it out there too.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Haha, I liked it since I didn't know what they meant. I usually turn off subtitles for immersion but left them on when I saw that.

But I do know what they mean and seeing them translated makes me realise how wacky and bizarre they are and that's deeply uncomfortable and made me have to buy another picture of the Queen to put in my house to reaffirm the greatness of Britain.

Anyway, back to Odyssey!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
But I do know what they mean and seeing them translated makes me realise how wacky and bizarre they are and that's deeply uncomfortable and made me have to buy another picture of the Queen to put in my house to reaffirm the greatness of Britain.

Anyway, back to Odyssey!

Legacy of the First Blade is trash Uzzy.

Hot trash.

:(

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Oh don't worry, I ain't buying that ever. That can safely sit in the non-canon section.

I was legit excited to get back to Kassandra for it now that all 3 eps are out, and its been a struggle. At least with Origin's first dlc, it wasnt amazing by any means, but you could go "yeah its more Origins" at the very least. This, this is just bad man.

Kinda worried for the Atlantis dlc now tbh. Oh well, at least I got the SP on sale and it has that AC3 remaster thing also /shrug

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I've heard every single Omega Force musou game has garbage frame rate on PC. I'd try capping the frame rate with RTSS and see what happens. Actually, I think I have that One Piece one installed and could try it out there too.
I tweaked some settings and it seems to hold 59-60fps, except on Musou attacks where it drops to 40fps for some stupid reason.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Getting back to Kingdom Come now that I've done a full refresh as the game hated my old i5 3570k and the performance issues got to be too much during some of the bigger set pieces. Is any of the dlc necessary or worth picking up to round out the experience? Might have been more than halfway through the game

Scrolling through my library reminded me that Syberia 3 came out and was a disaster ;-; Anyone know if the technical issues were worked on or was it just abandoned into the ether?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

It is superficial article but at least they are slowly noticing that Valve is not just sitting on their ass doing nothing.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
dHJtRgW.jpg

sherry, you just had a tremendously sexy 4 minute dressing up and flirting cutscene, did you really think the scarf was worth the mess you did with your belt, girl??

resident evil 6 continues to be batshit insane, with snowmobile chase sequences, TEEERRIBLE stealth sections, giant orc zombies, and idk chinese zombie triads ??? i kind of can't help myself from cracking up at the flirty scenes between jake and sherry and the sappy chris drama is also very good, and i like this ada lady who keeps being the coolest meanest bitch and i love her. i know she was in 2 but i never really paid attention to resident evil stories past 1 so i guess she's a bad guy?

anyways i kind of admire it, it's still A Very Bad Videogame but it's a very charming kind of stupid i very much approve of

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
From Kotaku's article:

Even more impressive is that Steam Big Picture lets you buy games using a controller. In all my testing no other digital storefront allowed me to purchase, pre-order or download a game using my gamepad.

Steam has a monopoly on storefront gamepad use, smh

The main reason for me is being able to sell my games when I'm done with them. I feel that many PC gamers really seem to underestimate the appeal of this.

No that is totally understandable. It's the people entering performance threads and asking if their 2080Ti-equipped PC or their standard PS4 will provide better performance that are baffling to many of us.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
I signed in to my Xbox account that I hadn't used since the Batman Arkham Asylum GFWL days to claim the free Crackdown 1 and 2 in case MS beings the emulator to PC, right? I went to go and change my username to make it consistent with the one I use now:

"You will be charged ZAR 125 ($9) to change your gamertag, do you wish to proceed?"

Fuck the fuck off you massive wankers. I could literally buy Nioh for that money. Who charges to change your username? Even Ubisoft don't do that shit. What a bunch of greedy fucks.

Fuck consoles, I'll stay in the Steam paradise. Holy shit, I can't believe that.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I signed in to my Xbox account that I hadn't used since the Batman Arkham Asylum GFWL days to claim the free Crackdown 1 and 2 in case MS beings the emulator to PC, right? I went to go and change my username to make it consistent with the one I use now:

"You will be charged ZAR 125 ($9) to change your gamertag, do you wish to proceed?"

Fuck the fuck off you massive wankers. I could literally buy Nioh for that money. Who charges to change your username? Even Ubisoft don't do that shit. What a bunch of greedy fucks.

Fuck consoles, I'll stay in the Steam paradise. Holy shit, I can't believe that.

You should be able to change username once for free on Xbox.

Why are you promoting it then?

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
You should be able to change username once for free on Xbox.

When I wanted to change it for free once and it didn't do it, support told me that you can only change it once for free within the first month or so of creating your account.

In the end I used the free store credit that I got through Bing searches to change it.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ at the amount of bountys in AC Odyssey. Just gonna try to do some side quests and activate some fast travels syncronization points and that's it.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I was thinking about what Deep Silver did with retail copies of Metro. People who pre-ordered a Steam copy of the game ended up with an Epic Store key.
Deep Silver should have provided them a Steam key too, since in many retailers you can't cancel your pre-orders. IE in Gamestop you can't cancel a pre-order and get your money back, you can only transfer your pre-order.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Bounties, Contracts, and those timed quests that pop up are all there to give you extra money, materials, and XP.

With the sheer amount of other stuff in the game I really didn't feel that they were worth doing at all.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. So from what I see, these are the quests categories:

Odyssey
Legacy of the First Blade
World
Character
Bounties
Contracts

So the Bounties and Contracts are infine and not needed?

Just make sure you grab all contracts, but don't you doing those, you'll end up doing them anyway and get good rewards.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing Hitman 1 (within the Hitman 2 app, though) and it's quite amazing. Every level has so many possibilities to tackle the same mission in different ways. The mission stories are a great touch too. I like to turn down the location markers, so that you still need to think for yourself where to find stuff (not that it's very hard). One issue I have with mission based games, is that the story often comes short, as it's cut into these tiny pieces. But Hitman never has issues with that, every NPC has something to do, often talking about your targets and fleshing them out more.
I love how 47 can just slip into any costumes, and even if it's someone the person should know, they still accept him as if nothing is up. I like how he does all his "role-playing" in the same intense voice,
Just "finished" Sapienza and Paris (I'll will probably come back for more challenges). Shame this thing didn't sell gangbusters.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
In case any of you were worried (or happy) that Valve was exiting the hardware business, Alan Yates (head of Valve VR hardware) has posted on Reddit about the recent rumors:

Alan Yates said:
I am still at Valve, still working on VR R&D with the original core team and a bunch of people you've never heard about that have joined over the years.
The rumor mill has been running overtime lately! As Gabe has confirmed, yes Valve let some people go. VR wasn't the main group affected, it certainly wasn't half the FTEs in hardware. As you can see from the jobs website we are still hiring for VR and other hardware-related skills.
Does anyone really believe we would abandon a nascent media like VR, especially one we have such a significant position in? Hardware is of great strategic importance to our future, VR and otherwise, abandoning that capacity would be stupid.

https://www.reddit.com/user/vk2zay

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Uh, no matter how many times I try to play STALKER I still don't understand the appeal of the franchise. I mean, I literally see practically the same thing on a daily basis (minus Zona fuckery). People in camouflage? Check. Drunk idiots? Check. Woods? Check. Ugly empty buildings? Check. It's like GSC were making a simulator about everyday life in CIS.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, no matter how many times I try to play STALKER I still don't understand the appeal of the franchise. I mean, I literally see practically the same thing on a daily basis (minus Zona fuckery). People in camouflage? Check. Drunk idiots? Check. Woods? Check. Ugly empty buildings? Check. It's like GSC were making a simulator about everyday life in CIS.
Well, Zona fuckery is pretty much the appeal (in my case, at least) - play the story missions if you haven't already to see the good stuff. So if you "minus" that, not much is left, true.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017

It is superficial article but at least they are slowly noticing that Valve is not just sitting on their ass doing nothing.

It is the one thing I wish other stores had, specifically gog. I don't use steam on my htpc often, but when I do it's a smooth experience that makes the others seem archaic

Status
Not open for further replies.