• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have the problem of previous Total War games no longer working, today I reinstalled Rome 2 and Shogun 2 but both dont work, Shogun even games me a message that Im playing a pirated copy, looking around the internet this is a common issue that has been going on for years but apparently Creative Assembly doesnt give a fuck .

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Got a reply from steam when I wrote them about Rape Day
8HBVJXZ.jpg

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play the Siralim games? I was looking for a monster farming game on PC that is the closes I could find

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Do private companies have to report them at all? I thought that's mostly for companies that need to give out statements to shareholders (through the press)

Look up WARN Act in Washington State. Not sure on details but pretty sure it's any company. It's an employment right I believe.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
Anyone play the Siralim games? I was looking for a monster farming game on PC that is the closes I could find

I spent a little bit of time with the first one, and it seemed all right. The games have a Disgaea-like focus on grinding. You go into randomly generated levels over and over looking for new monsters and trying to power up existing ones. It's been a while, but I remember the monsters being pretty simplistic, but having unique little abilities tied to each one. It seemed like there was a fair bit of room for interesting team building. I'm not sure how much more advanced it's gotten, but the games appear to have a cult following, so I imagine Siralim 3 has quite a bit going on if you're looking for a time killer.

Also, it's unreleased, but Monster Crown might be what you're looking for.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have the problem of previous Total War games no longer working, today I reinstalled Rome 2 and Shogun 2 but both dont work, Shogun even games me a message that Im playing a pirated copy, looking around the internet this is a common issue that has been going on for years but apparently Creative Assembly doesnt give a fuck .
Yeah, I had trouble getting Shogun 2 to run last time I tried it, some years ago. Rome 2 hasn't had any issues, but I also haven't played that in the last few months.

Your Shogun 2 issue might be due to how it ties browser stuff into the launcher a game itself, which was my problem. Like, it's been a while so I can't remember the specifics, but it was like Adobe Flash Player or Internet Explorer privacy settings-related. I can't remember the exact fix that worked for me, but I did get it running eventually.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Look up WARN Act in Washington State. Not sure on details but pretty sure it's any company. It's an employment right I believe.

WARN applies only to larger employers. Employers must provide the notice required by WARN only if they have 100 or more full-time employees, or at least 100 employees who work a combined 4,000 hours or more per week.
Yeah, sounds like Valve clearly falls under that.

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Yay! I got into the Satisfactory Alpha this weekend. Now I can see if I'm missing out for it not being on Steam.

Memphis-Ahn

Nov 7, 2017

Seems like the right move is to build a store around influencers, since that's the best way to maximize coverage and exposure.

To be fair, TotalBiscuit probably accounted for 300 of those games.
Also who are the influencers? Do they count people who don't play games like Pewdiepie or Logan Paul? And yes, as mono-gaming goes, Fortnite is hella popular, more than CoD was, but that doesn't mean the non-top influencers aren't still influencing.
Weird article.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
OMG STEAM IS DOWN
cue hype for new UI
cue Steam loading
cue dissapointment

Edit: up in the part of the world that matters, Europe

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Ah, good to know it wasn't just me who had Steam acting up. I was having problems few days ago while my friends weren't, so thought the problem could be at my end. Ugh, such annoying time for it to happen too! Was just watching my friend play Witcher 3. I've been tuning in to watch her play for 20 hours so far! It's just that she can't usually play for long because she had a baby 3 months ago, so it's super annoying this happened right when she was playing.

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, TotalBiscuit probably accounted for 300 of those games.
Also who are the influencers? Do they count people who don't play games like Pewdiepie or Logan Paul?
They only count people who mainly post gaming-related content. Here's their Top 10 for 2018:
wYBDP3Y.jpg

And yes, as mono-gaming goes, Fortnite is hella popular, more than CoD was, but that doesn't mean the non-top influencers aren't still influencing.
Weird article.
That's not what they state. What they state is that Top 100 influencers (and particularly the Top 10) are increasingly playing the same big games and giving little attention to the rest. As an example, out of the top 100 gaming influencers, 61 have covered Fortnite and 43 of them are mainly posting Fortnite-related content.
Focusing more on Fortnite in the Top 100 influencers for 2018, there are only two influencers that solely focus on the game. Among those that do post on other games, post count is astonishingly low for anything other than Fortnite. In fact, 43 out of the Top 100 focus more on Fortnite than any other title and eight out of the Top 10 influencers published only 87 videos combined in the whole 12-month period of 2018 that weren't Fortnite-related -- solid evidence that the Fortnite effect still held a strong stranglehold at the end of 2018.

In summary, these analytics suggest it's getting tougher to find beneficial influencers that drive views for your product with so many focusing on a small subset of games.

On a more positive note:
We recognise YouTubers as having an influential effect if they have 100,000 subscribers or have posted a video with 50,000 views -- amounting to more than 10,000 YouTubers. Out of all of these, views for each channel grew approximately half a million on average over the last year, signifying YouTube is still a growing influencer platform. And there were more influencers that grew in views than shrunk.

It should be said a lot of content creators have complained about the recent changes to Youtube and stated their business has been negatively impacted by them.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
I hope Halo MCC is coming with those store improvements. Otherwise, it's hard to be excited. I did the Game Pass thing for 2 bucks, but I'm not buying anything until they fix their mess. I hope they do, though. It would be great to have the game on PC.

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
What if MCC actually comes to Steam? XD I could see MS and Valve partnering to bring Steam to Xbox with xCloud, or even something like Steam Link integration XD

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I could see MS and Valve partnering to bring Steam to Xbox with xCloud, or even something like Steam Link integration XD

No you couldnt. Because this is a crazy post in the current reality of the market. Like, you might aswell expect Batman in Avengers 5 if youre expecting MCC on steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.