• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
Is Path of Exile easy to get into?

It's not the easiest ARPG to get into, but that's largely because there are a lot of systems that may make you feel overwhelmed if you're trying to understand it all from the get-go. Like a lot of ARPGs, you're not really meant to stick with one character forever, but start new runs, especially when new leagues show up.

I'd recommend just playing without trying to perfect your first character. Experiment and get to know the game before worrying about all of that. It's not a hard game to play.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the easiest ARPG to get into, but that's largely because there are a lot of systems that may make you feel overwhelmed if you're trying to understand it all from the get-go. Like a lot of ARPGs, you're not really meant to stick with one character forever, but start new runs, especially when new leagues show up.

I'd recommend just playing without trying to perfect your first character. Experiment and get to know the game before worrying about all of that. It's not a hard game to play.
What class/abilities should I try first?

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
What class/abilities should I try first?

I haven't played recently, but assuming nothing major has changed, I'd say Marauder, Witch, or Templar are solid choices. The Marauder is a good choice if (strength-based) melee combat appeals to you. The Witch is your ranged magic-user, whether that's elemental spells, or something like a necromancer. The Templar is a lot like a Paladin, so a mix of melee and magic.

Keep in mind that classes are simply where you start on the shared passive skill tree, though the aforementioned classes start in areas that will benefit certain styles of play. They also added Ascendancy Classes, which you might want to look at for the class you pick. It'll give you an idea of the archetype they're going for.

As for skills, you pick skill gems as rewards for quests. Early on these were a lot more limited and took a long time to get, but recently they're awarded much more liberally. I say just experiment. You can always find these skill gems as loot, or acquire them later.

FLX-II

Gargantuan Generousness Guaranteed
Oct 28, 2017
I just bought Borderlands: The Handsome Collection incl all dlc for both games for just under 6€ on Steam.
Been thinking about finally playing Borderlands.. Great timing!

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I just bought Borderlands: The Handsome Collection incl all dlc for both games for just under 6€ on Steam.
Been thinking about finally playing Borderlands.. Great timing!
For the price, the deal really can't be beat. If you've never played them, you're in for a treat. BL2 and its DLC is fantastic.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played recently, but assuming nothing major has changed, I'd say Marauder, Witch, or Templar are solid choices. The Marauder is a good choice if (strength-based) melee combat appeals to you. The Witch is your ranged magic-user, whether that's elemental spells, or something like a necromancer. The Templar is a lot like a Paladin, so a mix of melee and magic.

Keep in mind that classes are simply where you start on the shared passive skill tree, though the aforementioned classes start in areas that will benefit certain styles of play. They also added Ascendancy Classes, which you might want to look at for the class you pick. It'll give you an idea of the archetype they're going for.

As for skills, you pick skill gems as rewards for quests. Early on these were a lot more limited and took a long time to get, but recently they're awarded much more liberally. I say just experiment. You can always find these skill gems as loot, or acquire them later.
Much appreciated, thank you :)

FLX-II

Gargantuan Generousness Guaranteed
Oct 28, 2017
For the price, the deal really can't be beat. If you've never played them, you're in for a treat. BL2 and its DLC is fantastic.
I haven't played a single Borderlands game, i've recently built a new PC and am ready to find out what the fuss is all about.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
If the Game Informer description is accurate, then the demo isn't really representative of the game.

In general, it looked okay. I'd want to see the skill tree, some non-linear level design examples and an explanation of just how much you can spam the force powers (those meters didn't make a whole lot of sense to me).

Meanwhile, I finally pulled the trigger on the Blood Moon Edition of Bloodlines 2 on GOG.

I'm not particularly worried about any EGS shenanigans, but with all the rumours about how many blockbusters are releasing in Q1 2020 I don't want the game to die just because TLOU2 decides to release a week earlier or something.

Besides, I'd end up buying the season pass anyway if Mitsoda is writing this game.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I gave the Star Wars video another look over and read the GI article and I still just can't bring myself to feel remotely invested in it. People keep bringing up games like Dark Souls and Sekiro as being boring to watch trailers of but great to play in person but I never felt that way about those games when they were initially shown off. There seem to be a lot of people in the video's thread who are really hyped about it though, so maybe I'm just not the target audience.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
1560020910559.png

Metal Gear Solid ports incoming.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That's really depressing that the US is considered an undervalued region compared to the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.