• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Is there a list of all the games that are only available on GOG?

I know there was a great one on GOG Mixes but they removed that whole section. 😑

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It is, we primary focus on the discord and this OT.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Wrapped up Act 1 of We Happy Few after 12-ish hours and had a bit of time to digest it some more. I think the strengths and weaknesses brought up in reviews on launch are pretty accurate, though I'd probably give it a higher score than most. The story/writing/setting/atmosphere are really well done, it's just the gameplay that lets it down sometime. I think the combat/stealth/crafting are pretty serviceable and even good at times, though I recognise it's had time to be debugged and rebalanced so I can't say that reviews were overly harsh on that front since we may well have been practically playing different games entirely.

Honestly, what it lacks is consistency. If you were to compare main story stuff and side quest/open world stuff, it almost feels like two separate teams worked on each part with different budgets and stuck everything together at the end. Even sidequests can vary wildly in quality, ranging from extensive quest-chains that flesh out the world and give unique rewards, to just "go here and open a box", with no real way of telling which will end up being which. I know Compulsion expanded mid-way through development to place a lot more focus on the story stuff, and it really shows. It just seems that, as a consequence, the open world/survival stuff got left in the dust. It's also still reasonably buggy, but thankfully nothing gamebreaking so far. Just some weird clipping, AI going AFK and animation weirdness, almost all probably due to the randomly generated "overworld".

As negative as I'm being, I'm actually really hooked. Each act appears to have a different character with a completely different story, skill tree and gameplay focus, and I've got the difficulty tweaked to minimise busywork/engagement with some of the more annoying systems while retaining some semblance of difficulty.

I might end up doing an LTTP thread when I'm all done, but it's much more work than just dumping my thoughts in the PC thread (sorry about that by the way).

I, for one, appreciate the dumping of your thoughts. We Happy Few seems like it could be a gem if you can approach it knowing its flaws.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I caved. I bought Outer Wilds on EGS. Even when giving them money I still come away disappointed at just what the store "does" and that is just so sad. In order to install the game I actually have to navigate to my library, there actually is no install button once bought on the page.

Just. What. I just don't get it considering they have so many people working there, how is the store team not giving significant pushes or direction but instead just a marketing machine churning out whatever it can to tick boxes.

Edit: Oh wow, it gets better. The game is now stuck on "loading" despite not actually getting a choice to try installing the game. It seems it tries to install when bought *I think* but it honestly is giving me nothing to go off but a constant looping of a loading bar in the library. Is this the suffering I deserve for using this shit store?

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Seasonal sales don't count to rule.

Are you sure? Friend of mine published game on Steam few years ago and had launch discount active before Winter Sale and as far as I remember he said that he can't put his game on sale during Winter sale.

I caved. I bought Outer Wilds on EGS. Even when giving them money I still come away disappointed at just what the store "does" and that is just so sad. In order to install the game I actually have to navigate to my library, there actually is no install button once bought on the page.

Just. What. I just don't get it considering they have so many people working there, how is the store team not giving significant pushes or direction but instead just a marketing machine churning out whatever it can to tick boxes.

Epic Store crew is basically skeleton crew as far as I know. Most of the Epic stuff is on Fortnite and UE4. And yes they probably have more PR and developer relationships people than actual store developers.

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure? Friend of mine published game on Steam few years ago and had launch discount active before Winter Sale and as far as I remember he said that he can't put his game on sale during Winter sale.

That's different, publishers can't do a discount within 30 days after launch or their launch discount ends.

Q: Can I participate in Steam-wide seasonal sale events if my product recently launched?
A: Generally, you cannot submit a discount within 30 days of release or 30 days from when the launch discount ends. However, if you submitted a launch discount and your product releases within 7 days of a Steam-wide seasonal sale events (like the Steam Summer Sale, for example), Valve can help you extend that introductory launch discount to last through the sale event.

Q: How often can I discount my game?
A: Custom discounts must be spaced at least 2 months apart and at least 2 months after the release of your product on Steam. Custom discounts don't affect eligibility for Steam-wide seasonal sale events. Note that the 30-day cool-down for new releases and price increases will still apply for the Steam-wide events.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
That's different, publishers can't do a discount within 30 days after launch or their launch discount ends.

Q: Can I participate in Steam-wide seasonal sale events if my product recently launched?
A: Generally, you cannot submit a discount within 30 days of release or 30 days from when the launch discount ends. However, if you submitted a launch discount and your product releases within 7 days of a Steam-wide seasonal sale events (like the Steam Summer Sale, for example), Valve can help you extend that introductory launch discount to last through the sale event.

Q: How often can I discount my game?
A: Custom discounts must be spaced at least 2 months apart and at least 2 months after the release of your product on Steam. Custom discounts don't affect eligibility for Steam-wide seasonal sale events. Note that the 30-day cool-down for new releases and price increases will still apply for the Steam-wide events.

Tnx for that.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
You get an extra copy of Deathgarden: Bloodharvest if you buy it now. It's also cheaper if you own Dead by Daylight and buy the bundle

You get 2 copies for 6,99€ (regular price 14,99€ for a single copy, sale price 9,99€ for a single copy)

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
You get an extra copy of Deathgarden: Bloodharvest if you buy it now. It's also cheaper if you own Dead by Daylight and buy the bundle

You get 2 copies for 6,99€ (regular price 14,99€ for a single copy, sale price 9,99€ for a single copy)

Is Bloodharvest an expansion? or reboot? The original game didn't really click for me.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone tried both Shield TV and Steam Link (the app built into new smart TVs or Apple TV app) and seen which one is better? I'm curious if Shield TV is better for games on other launchers (I buy all my Ubi Soft games like Assassin's Creed direct on uPlay, even before the EGS stuff).
You could probably try using Moonlight on mobile to see how the experience differs. Shield requires GeForce Experience installed to run, which automatically makes Steam Link better in my opinion.
Steam Link now has an option to send inputs to UAC prompts, so as long as you leave Uplay's overlay enabled it should be fairly seamless now.
If you enable NVFBC capture, it is using the same method as Moonlight/Shield do.

There is also OSOL which can be configured to launch non-Steam games and close the client automatically once you quit the game, so that you always return to Steam BPM.

I can't pause humble bundle this month anymore, right?
Contact support if you have not redeemed the key(s).

I don't know about the R-Type collection, but the Arcade and Castlevania collection ports leave a lot to be desired. The Castlevania port doesn't even have an "exit program" option.
If you're on a PC, you're nearly always better off buying the collection, extracting the ROMs, and using the emulator of your choice (RetroArch is best, in my opinion).
I don't know if that's possible for these collections yet, but I've done it with many others.

May 25, 2019
London
You could probably try using Moonlight on mobile to see how the experience differs. Shield requires GeForce Experience installed to run, which automatically makes Steam Link better in my opinion.
Steam Link now has an option to send inputs to UAC prompts, so as long as you leave Uplay's overlay enabled it should be fairly seamless now.
If you enable NVFBC capture, it is using the same method as Moonlight/Shield do.

I use GeForce Experience already so that's not really an issue. I'm more concerned about how games like Destiny 2 or Apex Legends would launch on either. My own experimentation with dedicated Steam Link hardware a few years ago had non-Steam games not always launching when I wanted them to or how I expected.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Steam Link always wins hands down for me, but I am biased because I have the physical Steam Link box. I seriously can not live without it, gaming has become so much easier by just booting it up on the big screen with my Steam Controller.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I feel so stupid for not having bought a Link when prices were in free fall. Now that I really want one, they're hard to find and expensive.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
My new Samsung TV has Steam Link integrated and it works well.
Yeah, I've got my PC hooked up directly via fibre-optic HDMI (in the wall) to my living room OLED as that's my primary gaming display. But in other rooms we have Samsung TVs and all have Steam Link built in and it works flawlessly. I was sceptical after using PS4's Remote Play, but Steam Link is a night and day improvement over that.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I've got my PC hooked up directly via fibre-optic HDMI (in the wall) to my living room OLED as that's my primary gaming display. But in other rooms we have Samsung TVs and all have Steam Link built in and it works flawlessly. I was sceptical after using PS4's Remote Play, but Steam Link is a night and day improvement over that.

It is great that you can connect Xbox One controller with BT to newer Samsung TVs. I didn't try DS4 maybe that one works too. Also you can connect any BT keyboard&mouse. It is really nice feature to have on TV.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
How is it? Before The Storm makes me want to follow the bae ending.

I enjoyed it! Emma Vieceli really nailed Max and Chloe, and the dialogue between them is spot on. The interior art from Claudia Leonardi is good, with lots of subtle details and changes. The overarching plot is pretty interesting too, feels very
Quantum Leapy
(which is always a good thing).

The story's continuing-ish too, and this cover for Issue 5 looks incredible.

758177._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Last edited:

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
So with the news that Larian Studios is likely working on BG3 I found myself pulled back into Divinity: Original Sin 2 this weekend.

After just a single game restart way back when, I still find myself deep into my first pass through the game. That's even with a combined total of 95 hours logged. Pretty typical for me as I tend to be an extreme sightseer who turtles their way through most titles.

Perhaps I'll cross the finish line around the 200 hour mark. :p

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always a sucker for Theme parks with zombies. Considering I loved Dyling Light 1, i was going to get it. Now that I know there's a theme park? I'm just far more excited.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Didn't realise that E3 is next week, thought it was next month.

This year has flown by. Pretty disappointing. :/

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Loved Dying Light after the initial few hours which I found a bit of a struggle. Once I levelled up a bit it became loads of fun. Looking forward to 2 (please no EGS exclusive please)

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Dying light is a game of two halves :
Before unlocking drop-kick and After unlocking drop-kick .

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I remember early on in DL i got stuck on a shed and bonked the same zombie on the head about 15 times before he went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.