• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

This sounds quite intriguing, but RPS' review suggests that it needs some pretty substantial patches before it's worth playing.

In practise it doesn't run as smoothly. In later days you might get a hint leading you to a location that you haven't found yet, but the game just assumes you have, which is a bit annoying. Sometimes things don't trigger correctly. On at least three occasions I went to find someone and they weren't where they were supposed to be. Like, mate, don't send me a note summoning me to your book shop if you're not even there. I tried to go to a Union rally and nothing happened. My character kept saying that it hadn't started yet, and I should come back later. I did. I kept trying until gone midnight. They never rallied.

On the other inconvenient hand, you might run into the middle of a bit of plot that you didn't trigger the start of. I got told I had a migraine and needed to get 'more' of the cure from Henry's mother, even though I had specifically refused any the first time because she was clearly shady as fuck. I walked down a street and remarked that the lighthouse keeper was up to his old tricks again, when I hadn't encountered said tricks a first time, and also he demonstrably was not up to them, because the streets were very empty.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
j2DFjHr.png

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I think some of us predicted it but still the Mechwarrior 5 news sucks to wake up to.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah, I'm gonna play some Worms with friends for sure. Wondering if I can hook up two 360 controllers and 1 Xbox One controller to a laptop?

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
One of the more disappointing parts of all the Epic shit is the lies and doublespeak from pubs and devs, and now adding the Mechwarrior devs to that list as well.
I could be mistaken, but I feel like Coffee Stain and that guy from Rebellion whose name I'm forgetting right now are the only ones who have been pretty honest about it.

The interest free loans have been pretty disgusting too.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
One of the more disappointing parts of all the Epic shit is the lies and doublespeak from pubs and devs, and now adding the Mechwarrior devs to that list as well.
I could be mistaken, but I feel like Coffee Stain and that guy from Rebellion whose name I'm forgetting right now are the only ones who have been pretty honest about it.

The interest free loans have been pretty disgusting too.

I am almost convinced that with every signed deal EPic is handling instructions how to announce that deal on social media and announcement post.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but Bethesda is selling STEAM keys for Wolfenstein Youngblood/Cyberpilot in RU/CIS region instead of Bethesda.net keys:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Considering that Rage 2 retail sales in RU/CIS region were abysmal, maybe they decided to switch them for Steam keys in these regions? I honestly have no idea what's going on in Bethesda's mind anymore.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but Bethesda is selling STEAM keys for Wolfenstein Youngblood/Cyberpilot in RU/CIS region instead of Bethesda.net keys:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Considering that Rage 2 retail sales in RU/CIS region were abysmal, maybe they decided to switch them for Steam keys in these regions? I honestly have no idea what's going on in Bethesda's mind anymore.
AFAIK, Cyberpilot is Steam keys everywhere, presumably due to Bethesda not wanting to maintain an OpenVR version and a SteamVR version. I have no explanation for Youngblood.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Finished first few levels in Wolfenstein 2 (reached point where you can free roam around the U-Boat), and so far I like it. Game runs and looks great. I am managing to play in 2880×1620 resolution on high-ultra settings at 60FPS on GTX 1060 6GB.

Also Fortnite really is becoming ad platform

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Monster boy looks way, way better in motion than the screenshots imply, great animation

Also as someone with a lot of experience with alcoholism, family or otherwise, unavowed's treatment of the character suffering from it is so on the nose AA bullshit that it becomes goofy. Neat game otherwise.

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Ooh, the Evil Within Season pass is on sale, and cheaper than individual DLCs put together! Neat.

I'll probably end up grabbing Mooncrash, Old Blood and something else that's random that I don't own yet.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US

Well, Unavowed, here we go.
5cH76m1.png

from the gamepass thread, noteable because Valk 4 has not actually been announced
Hmm... picked up 4 on the last Steam sale....

Just add these devs/pubs to your avoid list and move on
Yeap, that's what I am doing. Got an excel with all the companies on my shit list in there. I'll see in a year if I am feeling to throw in $20 for a particular game (as high as I am going to go on any of these exclusives, less then that for some).

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
Hello I was looking into getting a solid PC for gaming, my first time having enough money to get my own. Nobody in my family knows how to make a computer so we have decided on buying a prebuilt one. My budget is about $900-1100 and our family has decided on two computers. One being the HP Omen Oblesik and the second one being the ibuypower snowblind s964. Would either of these computers be good enough to play The Witcher 3, and is there a better option / price for buying a prebuilt computer. Thank you for the advice.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Can't wait to grab it, 400p in the switch mode combined with the aliasing and distant overhead perspective made it a mess to play at times. Stopped early on because it was just that blurry

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Hello I was looking into getting a solid PC for gaming, my first time having enough money to get my own. Nobody in my family knows how to make a computer so we have decided on buying a prebuilt one. My budget is about $900-1100 and our family has decided on two computers. One being the HP Omen Oblesik and the second one being the ibuypower snowblind s964. Would either of these computers be good enough to play The Witcher 3, and is there a better option / price for buying a prebuilt computer. Thank you for the advice.

Things got better with pre-built PCs for sure but from what I saw around the internet you still can get better deal if you by components by yourself. Do you have any store like Microcenter nearby?

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

You'll be more than fine with either of those - the HP Omen is customizable, so I can't exactly know what you're getting unless you list it out here, but base specs seem fine. the s964 has enough to play the latest releases.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Dat anime tax. These games always seem way too high price for me but I generally haven't had good experiences with anime adapted games, so that's coloring my perspective. Pricy licences and all that I guess.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Yeah, yet another publisher bites the dust.

The thing is what are they thinking?

Like for the price of that you could get Bloodstained and Code Vein almost in China. 2 games.

Heck for that price in China right now you could get:

Wolfenstein Young Blood
Rage 2
All other Reboot Wolfenstein Games
and a few Indiegames

That game costs 412 RMB here.
99 RMB is Rage 2.
99 RMB is Wolfenstein Young Blood.
138 is Bloodstained
Cyberpunk is 298RMB
Vampire Bloodlines 2 is 163.

Who would even buy that game for that price???

Status
Not open for further replies.