• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Sea of Solitude was added to Origin Access Premier, and being a short game I decided to play through it today.

It took about 3.5 hours, getting almost all of the collectibles. It's a game about dealing with personal issues, along the lines of Papa y Yo, Rime, Blue Sheep, Hellblade, etc. It has a cartoony art style that I found pretty charming. The gameplay is unfortunately lacking, with very little challenge. There is some decent exploration and some minor platforming, but the bulk of the activity feels a lot like busywork. The collectibles seem added for just a little extra exploratory gameplay, as they don't seem to offer much to the story, and there doesn't seem to be any reward for getting them all. In addition, while there is a chapter select, there's no indication of how many you've missed, so good luck tracking down the stragglers once you've completed the game.

It performed well on my PC, with the exception of some occasional hitching and slowdown I wouldn't have expected from a game that doesn't appear to tax the hardware.

I7KMj4Q.png

Jotx8mG.png

l0HLhRg.png

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It really is stupid choice. You need to pick lesser evil.

How does that make it stupid?

Huge cornerstone of a story like the Witcher series is that you're frequently between a rock and a hard place. Half the decisions are like that, the other half have options that might seem good or better but end up being twisted around and biting the hero in the ass.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

Huge cornerstone of a story like the Witcher series is that you're frequently between a rock and a hard place. Half the decisions are like that, the other half have options that might seem good or better but end up being twisted around and biting the hero in the ass.

In case of Blood & Wine

Detlaff is guilty but he doesn't deserve to be killed but punished. Same goes for Syanna. But you only have choice to kill one of them as far as I know and 3rd option is even worse where Anna dies too. And everything could be avoided if Syanna went to meet and talk with Derlaff.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017

But all games are on front page, that is what matters right?

Yeah, when I went to their website to redeem the Control code from my 2070 Super I scrolled down a little bit and thought: "This layout is like the last time I visited 9gag 6 years ago which was terrible then with the endless scrolling down. Who thought that is a good idea?"

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Except none of the witcher is really like that because there are zero consequences to anything you do.

"Huh, I got a slightly different conversation option or quest reward. Oh well, guess it is time to work on the next meaningless fetch quest."

Repeat 100 times (or 78000 times for TW3) and you are done.

Which is a pity. Even old games like BG2 made you feel like an evil as fuck badass if you played in a certain way.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Except none of the witcher is really like that because there are zero consequences to anything you do.

"Huh, I got a slightly different conversation option or quest reward. Oh well, guess it is time to work on the next meaningless fetch quest."

Which is a pity. Even old games like BG2 made you feel like an evil as fuck badass if you played in a certain way.
Witcher has always had an established preconception about them in the series. I think it works well in context.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I removed 2,000 items from my wishlist and it feels so damn good. Maybe it'll actually be useful come next sale!

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I removed 2,000 items from my wishlist and it feels so damn good. Maybe it'll be actually useful come next sale!

Somewhere on Twitter, a dev is writing another scathing rant about how Steam screws him over and does nothing about the Wishlistapocolypse.

You are driving devs out of their Job with your wishlist deleting extravagance.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
In case of Blood & Wine

Detlaff is guilty but he doesn't deserve to be killed but punished. Same goes for Syanna. But you only have choice to kill one of them as far as I know and 3rd option is even worse where Anna dies too. And everything could be avoided if Syanna went to meet and talk with Derlaff.

Yeah, the whole thing is a shitshow that happens because a bunch of characters wouldn't take the time to listen about important plot points.

It's well-written, and the fact that I care enough about the characters to feel that the best option was walking away from the game rather than seeing things play out badly is probably telling of how involved I became with the game, :o

But it's still an idiot plot- I.e., a plot that happens only because every character is acting like a (very believable and clearly motivated) idiot.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Is the automatic recommender working for anyone?

The page is blank, and if I look at the source, the javascript variables are empty:

HTML:
<script>
    window.gRecommendations = "";
    window.gAppInfo = "";
    window.gInputApps = "";
    window.gTags = "";
</script>

Edit: Nevermind, it works now.

Edit²: I think the results were updated.

Last edited:

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017
Is there an easy way to clear your steam wishlist in one hit. Got several hundred items on there and can't remember why i put most of them there.

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Contradiction is so much fun, it's hilarious seeing real people doing adventure game things like straight up stealing from someone's garbage.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Night Call finally appeared in the Xbox App. The game data installed with the Microsoft Store was automatically discovered by the App.

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017

There are quests in the game where you have a direct impact on character fates or plot resolution.

None of them lead to completely separate narrative branches like the Roche/Iorveth decision in The Witcher 2, but they still have more impact than just changing the quest reward or showing a different dialogue option.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
What are the 10 games to choose from in the Intel starter pack on GMG? It's not clear :/

I don't think they want you to know, but

This pack includes games such as Star Trek Bridge Crew, Raw Data, Gas Guzzlers Extreme and in-game content for free-to-play shooter Dreadnought.

Edit: found the list on reddit

1. ⁠There Came an Echo
2. ⁠Star Wars™ Pinball
3. ⁠Gas Guzzlers Extreme
4. ⁠GoatPunks
5. ⁠Raw Data
6. ⁠Star Trek™: Bridge Crew
7. ⁠TERA: WinterWing Starter Pack
8. ⁠Dreadnought
9. ⁠AdVenture Capitalist – Savvy Investor Bundle
10. ⁠Star Trek Online

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I aim to play thru Jedi Outcast in coming days, I managed to get it running with dgvoodoo, noborder.exe and a gldirect file from pcgamingwiki

E3F090D06BF400FC9CF4E792E9E9BD65EBE7F98C
34234FA903455A7EC8D2B646DE18EEDD06655F00

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
To be fair, /r/steam is not much better than /r/fuckepic. It is all memes and support questions.

There are only 10x more people on /r/steam than on /r/fuckepic. No wonder why most posts have zero comment.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Sweeney's posts read like one of those "I made my AI read 12 hours of customer service call transcripts and this is what it has to say" things.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, /r/steam is not much better than /r/fuckepic. It is all memes and support questions.

There are only 10x more people on /r/steam than on /r/fuckepic. No wonder why most posts have zero comment.
Yeah, but Steam has official support forums of their own and we don't see Gabe trolling reddit to shore up support and put out fires

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
For once, I don't know about a game featured at the top of the store page and which looks interesting.

It is the adaptation of a board game published by Asmodee, and developed by devs of Fable Fortune.

Heck yeah. The board game is huge and obviously due to the size, it is expensive. Will gladly buy the video game version of it.

I played through Seasons After Fall and had a nice time with it. It's not a challenging game with no combat at all, but the mix of puzzle and platforming is quite fun. The game looks beautiful and is really charming. The fox is animated so cute as well! I really enjoyed it.

It got a bit tiresome during the end - new pathes open up, but sometimes I had trouble seeing, where exactly the change took place, and so had to search the whole area for it. And sometimes everything can look a bit similar, so it wasn't so easy to keep track where I am and where I'm coming from.
Another time I was stuck because I had overlooked an exit. And I was close to drag up a walkthrough, because the controls suddenly changed for a puzzle.
Climbing back up after falling down can be a bit slow as well, especially when you have to change the seasons a lot for that to happen.

The only thing a little bit challenging is to find all flower fields and all 4 memory fragments. It's not that hard, especially the flowers are hard to avoid, though some are a bit more to the left or right.
For the memories you have to look more carefully, but they are no big deal either. They reward you with a little extra ending. As a good game should do, your last checkpoint lets you collect everything you might have missed, even after seeing the credits.

Overall I'm glad I grabbed it. I think I needed around 7 hours to finish it.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I noticed that more-less since beginning of the year there was sale on Ubisoft Store every single week. Literally sale after sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.