• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
In what way is it not friendly? Ive had 0 issues playing games in VR on it?

Only way they can support VR is using Oculus API or Steam VR API. And to use those you need to have Oculus client or Steam installed. Also Epic Client is not VR friendly as far as i know and there are no any kind of VR environment on Epic Client.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Ouch, Tetris Effect is the first Epic exclusive that hurts.

Now I have to decide between waiting or finally downloading EGS :/

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
EGS really does love not doing any lifting of its own given its reliance on other VR APIs, aping WINE as an excuse for Linux support, and has been clearly touting GOG 2.0's library integration feature as a pseudo-trojan for its own client.

Ouch, Tetris Effect is the first Epic exclusive that hurts.

Now I have to decide between waiting or finally downloading EGS :/

We've already had to wait anyway, so I'm just going to keep on waiting. Not letting the bastards win.

Last edited:

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
Tim has used all his tricks: Anno 1800, Outer Wilds, Observation, Satisfactory, Hades, Griftlands, Journey, Quantic Dream's games, Shenmue III, etc.

If you have managed to resist the temptation so far, then it is likely that you will never break.
Exactly. There are just too many good games available on PC alone to care about waiting. I wait on non-exclusives too! I'm looking forward to eventually playing Darksiders 3 for example.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Tetris Effect hurts me deeply. But I won't break. Especially if I just have to wait a year, I can do this all year.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I'm already looking forward to gamepass reveals much more than humble bundles
D_nQv4uWsAAZHgq.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Think I may not finish Timespinner after all. It's a fun and reasonably polished game, and the audiovisual presentation is great, but while, lord knows, level design has never been the strong suit of the Igavanias, I don't think the stuff it does right quite makes up for the environments just not being that interesting to explore.

Are Bloodstained and Super Daryl Deluxe any better in this regard? I'll still give them a try at some point either way, though.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Think I may not finish Timespinner after all. It's a fun and reasonably polished game, and the audiovisual presentation is great, but while, lord knows, level design has never been the strong suit of the Igavanias, I don't think the stuff it does right quite makes up for the environments just not being that interesting to explore.

Are Bloodstained and Super Daryl Deluxe any better in this regard? I'll still give them a try at some point either way, though.

Bloodstained has a few interesting areas but also a bunch of really dull ones that are just corridors with enemies. If you want fun platforming I'd recommend Guacamelee, Elliot Quest or Ori if you haven't played those yet.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018

Super Daryl Deluxe has really simple level design for the most part. Despite being technically a platformer/RPG I think it has more in common with those South Park RPGs, in that it's mostly an adventure game / vehicle for jokes with some combat mechanics to fill it out. (Also when you play it, be sure to rotate saves. I had a required quest break about 9 hours in.)

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward for next year when the first Epic 1 year exclusivity deals will gradually end. I wonder if there will be some sort of "that game that held HOSTAGE is finally free I need to buy it now to show support" drama effect, or if the games will be old news by then and buried under next year's new games.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward for next year when the first Epic 1 year exclusivity deals will gradually end. I wonder if there will be some sort of "that game that held HOSTAGE is finally free I need to buy it now to show support" drama effect, or if the games will be old news by then and buried under next year's new games.

I'm betting there will be some interest in the first few, and then people will stop caring.

Actually a pretty nice bundle. Not sure when I last saw soundtracks included.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
I've been waiting for the PC version of Tetris Effect because I wanted to play it in VR. I guess I'll just keep on waiting. If they don't want my money then I'm not gonna cry about it.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's going to largely depend on whether or not the game in question has left a Steam page up for gathering wishlists. The email Valve sends out to inform people that the game they've added to the wishlist has launched is proven to be extremely effective at generating sales, to the extent that the rule of thumb is about half of the people who wishlists your game pre-release will buy it in the first week. This means the folks who have left the Steam pages up gathering wishlists will probably benefit majorly in terms of initial Steam sales, which will then probably cement a higher position in the eyes of the almighty Algorithm in the long run.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

With PC gaming, releases are not getting buried: many people (including myself) play PC games after a long delay.

What I wonder is how we will deal with GotY lists. For some people, games like Outer Wilds might end up on their lists for 2020.
Will we consider that Steam releases are re-releases of games on a new platform? If so, PC Gaming would be fragmented.

Who cares? If those games choose to be released in a place nobody wants to buy them then there is nothing to be done.

Nobody cares about GotY lists. It is just that I wonder how the fragmentation of PC gaming will be dealt with when that time comes.

The core question is what these "places" are.

Last edited:

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
With PC gaming, releases are not getting buried: many people (including myself) play PC games after a long delay.

What I wonder is how we will deal with GotY lists. For some people, games like Outer Wilds might end up on their lists for 2020.
Will we consider that Steam releases are re-releases of games on a new platform? If so, PC Gaming would be fragmented.
Who cares? If those games choose to be released in a place nobody wants to buy them then there is nothing to be done.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni

I go by release year based on what is on steam page

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished

messt2k35.png

Definitely had mixed feelings about this game. It felt oddly long, for one, due to its structure. The difficulty level was pretty fair, except for when they started introducing more instant kills as the game went on. You can have all the health upgrades you want, but oops, you fell into a pit and you're dead. On the other hand, you can bumble your way through a difficult platforming section and make it out alive, so perhaps it balances out.

I also sort of felt like I was playing the game wrong the entire time. The game has "cloud stepping", which means you get a jump added every time you hit something. This would lead you to believe you're supposed to hit/jump/hit/jump, but I found that I never got high enough doing that. So what I did was press jump AND hit and the same time, which got me higher in the air, and then I got another jump after that. It seems really awkward pressing two buttons at the same time, and I also don't understand why I technically got 2 jumps per hit. Maybe I misunderstood, but regardless I wouldn't have beaten the game otherwise.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

New DLC for Total War: Three Kingdoms, looks pretty interesting, a new historical setting and start date. I would hope that in addition to the eight playable princes, you can unlock Empress Jia Nanfeng as a 'tyrant' faction ala Big Daddy Dong Zhou. She's apparently one of the most villainous women in Chinese history, which probably translates to 'did all the evil shit others did but lost' so it'll be fun to, you know, do all the evil shit others did but not lose.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed the $1 tier of that Humble Bundle, Unexplored has been on my wishlist for ages

Yeah, Unexplored is quite spiffy. If anyone is looking for a nudge, Austin Walker's steam really sells it.

It's what initially got me on board. Funny, now that I think about it. He had another long-form stream for Star Traders: Frontiers* that totally sold me. The kicker is both went on to nab my personal GOTY '17 & '18 picks. That's...weird.

I'll have to ask him what my GOTY '19 is gonna be!

* they wrap up on the the crew character creator at 38:05 if you're impatient, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.