• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
This looks amazing.

Almost wish it were free so more people could be free.

It used to be free on Itch or some other place.

WIN+t and type: steam://install/872280

?

MGJYZIi.png

Last edited:

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I honestly wonder why Dusk Diver is not more popular.

I mean Bloody Spell had like 1000 reviews after a few days and this has in total 100 after 3 months, both Early access games.

The game itself is actually done pretty well. Its a mix between Persona "day gameplay" and Musou style action gameplay set in Taipei with anime style. I thought that would do really well.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018

I mean Bloody Spell had like 1000 reviews after a few days and this has in total 100 after 3 months, both Early access games.

The game itself is actually done pretty well. Its a mix between Persona "day gameplay" and Musou style action gameplay set in Taipei with anime style. I thought that would do really well.

I don't like how they are going to make console exclusive content for this game (why PQube, why??? )

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

Didn't know it existed until now. Had me at beat em up and Persona, but lost me on Early Access.

I'll wait until it's fully cooked.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
OG Half Life vs Half Life source, which one should I play? I am playing Half Life for the first time, I ended up buying Black Mesa during the Summer Sale but plan to play it after Half Life 2 episode 2.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
*proceeds to look for games released under public domain and not available on Steam*

I hope there is a Wikipedia page for this so that I can get rich.

Oct 28, 2017
OG Half Life vs Half Life source, which one should I play? I am playing Half Life for the first time, I ended up buying Black Mesa during the Summer Sale but plan to play it after Half Life 2 episode 2.

Play the original. Its just so perfect. The low poly models, the sound effects, all that stuff. You can always do a playthrough of the Source version later on just to see the difference.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
Yesterday I was watching a tutorial and guide for building a pc. For a whole two hours it almost all made sense. Now I've forgotten most of it lol. some parts are very intimidating and I can't figure out why. lol. So many working parts.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I was watching a tutorial and guide for building a pc. For a whole two hours it almost all made sense. Now I've forgotten most of it lol. some parts are very intimidating and I can't figure out why. lol. So many working parts.
Other than dealing with a USB 3.0 cable it's all pretty easy.

Oct 28, 2017

Its all Lego in the end. Almost everything has a uniquely shaped socket and uniquely shaped plug. The biggest challenge of PC building is definitely cable management. The most dastardly part where you try and make everything look good.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Remembered I haven't updated Windows in a while. I see there's a 1903 update. I'm guessing this is one of those annoyingly long ones? If so I'll save it for tomorrow I think...

Oct 25, 2017

Ah, so it IS the same free game I played lol

Never heard about it. Kinda pricy for an EA game, but will keep an eye on it.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Nowadays it is basically impossible to build a PC wrong, everything is made so that you need to connect to the correct slot quite easily. Maybe only hard part would be Ram allocation so that it gets correctly used, and cables.

Its all Lego in the end. Almost everything has a uniquely shaped socket and uniquely shaped plug. The biggest challenge of PC building is definitely cable management. The most dastardly part where you try and make everything look good.
Yeap.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Windows + R (or alternatively the same command in any browser)
Code:
steam://open/console
In the Steam console now type:
Code:
download_depot <app-ID> <depot-ID>
use steamdb to find the IDs, for example for Chaos;Child OST

Code:
download_depot 970570 1011950

edit: under linux I believe you can use the command
Code:
steam -console
in the terminal to access the Steam console
I know I'm a little late, but just tried this and it worked a dream. Thanks!

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Interestingly. Psychonauts 2 is not being sold on fig.co anymore. It used to be sold there even though the campaign ended 3 years and a half ago.

On June 16, 2019:

VN9621Z.png
wRVFTeM.png

On July 9, 2019.

50052cebbb27fa8cf669629e6862746a.png
e9a0a3fbe3670e3cf45f5912aa9d5061.png

It seems like the number of backers was not updated in real-time for the $39 tier, and Double Fine must have sold 8,502 copies since the end of the campaign. That is on average about 202 copies sold per month.

Since June 16, the post-campaign total has increased by $2,268. That is for about 58 copies of the game sold for $39 in slightly less than a month.

It is odd because permanently selling promises of Steam keys should be fine. It would only be an issue if they wanted to run a beta on Steam for backers later on.

The game is still scheduled for 2020:

Last edited:

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing like going to bed double pissed off because a boss kicked your ass over an over again to start you mad and then in the middle of trying to beat him the game crashes....

Fucking White POS Tiger.

Holy shit, if you didn't get the Commander Lilith DLC for Borderlands 2 while it was free it's 15 bucks now.
Randynomics at work. Remember that time his game went f2p after it bombed so hard but he went on twitter to lecture everyone that it was not actually f2p.

Im keeping my eye on this but EA and price tag is not yet there for me yet. Game looks so good.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
Limited time you have 20% off discount instead of the regular 10% for being a humble monthly member.

Don't know if there is anything good to buy with it though.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
do you mean 15 or am i missing something
Humble's experimenting with merging the Rewards system (the store credit you get after you purchase something) with the Monthly discount. This does mean that the aforementioned store credit is replaced with a bigger up-front discount. It's also kinda misleading to call it a "20% discount" since the default charity contribution (5%) remains.

Heyasuki

Nov 28, 2017
I did ask but none of the people I know who play it wanted to send one in. You can always write one and I'll add it if you want!

FFXIV: ShadowBringers (ファイナルファンタジーXIV 漆黒の反逆者), from Square-Enix, is the latest expansion to Final Fantasy XIV's MMORPG. This MMO is different from others in that it has a heavy focus on story, so much so that many concider it the best Final Fantasy in a long time. This expac brings many new features including 2 new playable classes (Dancer, Gunbreaker), some simplification of abilities, and many quality of life features as well. For more detailed information please see the OT from Dark Knight.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
"a non-partisan game about politics, examining the horror of the viral nature of divisiveness and tribalism" - yeah, that's a "fuck no" from me

Haven looks great, though

Just a note - it's from the non-binary developer of "Coming Out Simulator" and "Adventures in Anxiety", so the game probably isn't what you think.

You can play it for free (https://ncase.me/) if you want to find out for yourself.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
celeste is really good but it's also an exhausting game

every level i complete i'm like please game let me rest....

i think i'm also not doing any more b-side levels, they're good and interesting but just brutal

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
I am in a dilemma.. 1080p 144hz monitor (24") or 1440p 27" (and aim for stable as high as possible fps)? I dont do competitive gaming.

I am worried about scaling down to 1080p, older games and 1080p native stuff looking blurry on 1440p.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I am in a dilemma.. 1080p 144hz monitor (24") or 1440p 27" (and aim for stable as high as possible fps)? I dont do competitive gaming.

I am worried about scaling down to 1080p, older games and 1080p native stuff looking blurry on 1440p.

1440p/27" would be my vote. The jump in clarity is just too good to pass up, even if you have to sacrifice some performance (you can always turn down a few settings)

The extra real estate is great for productivity too.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't like how whole thing in that Kotaku article was about wishlists. If you want to know why sales were lower you need to analyze more data. One big thing that was missing from this sale that absolutely nobody mentioned is getting cards for going through Queue each day. Second thing that nobody compared is discount, was it the same or lower than during previous sale? There are so many data points that could impact those sales and yet they are all focused on one that doesn't guarantee sale.

Game removed from wishlist is not lost sale in a same way that pirated game is not lost sale. They are both potential sales.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
A developer who chose to remain anonymous provided raw revenue numbers. "In 2018 we made about $100,000 with ONE game during the summer sale," the developer said in an email. "In 2019 we made about $65,000 with TWO games during the summer sale. But it isn't just the summer sale. It seems that for many devs, 2019 is the year of the lowest traffic and therefore least sales made yet."

I don't get this kind of thinking. Why you should earn more each year with the same game? For what reason? If anything if your potential users have buyed your game they are not going to buy it another time one year later, and if the word of mouth isn't there it's clear why you are earning less every year that it goes

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't like how whole thing in that Kotaku article was about wishlists. If you want to know why sales were lower you need to analyze more data. One big thing that was missing from this sale that absolutely nobody mentioned is getting cards for going through Queue each day. Second thing that nobody compared is discount, was it the same or lower than during previous sale? There are so many data points that could impact those sales and yet they are all focused on one that doesn't guarantee sale.

Game removed from wishlist is not lost sale in a same way that pirated game is not lost sale. They are both potential sales.
that's a really bad false equivalence. wishlist data is a metric developers use to anticipate and measure sales potential, they're not a sale but they're an indicator of it. multiple developers reporting their wishlist count plummeting on the sale is not a coincidence, people don't remove games based on the discount being lower than previous sales, it's just a side effect of how shitty bad is at this garbage minigames that would only be fun to a calculator, if they fucking worked

the loss on sales has also been reported by many developers over the course of last year, specially when valve quietly broke their algorithm, flatlining the wishlists and sales of many devs (which they never recovered from)

weaker sales is most likely a consequence of market saturation, games have to do a lot more to stand out when you're competing against hundreds of new games every day, which is not necessarily valve's fault cos the store operates under the rule that "everyone's welcome", but trying to say that this terrible minigame wasn't a massive fuck up that didn't cost developers (a lot of?) money is bad bad bad

I mean, it was a mess for consumers too.
it was

like usual they made a numbers crunching monstrosity designed for wall street brokers and/or AI

even reading the instructions page made me anxious

A developer who chose to remain anonymous provided raw revenue numbers. "In 2018 we made about $100,000 with ONE game during the summer sale," the developer said in an email. "In 2019 we made about $65,000 with TWO games during the summer sale. But it isn't just the summer sale. It seems that for many devs, 2019 is the year of the lowest traffic and therefore least sales made yet."

I don't get this kind of thinking. Why you should earn more each year with the same game? For what reason? If anything if your potential users have buyed your game they are not going to buy it another time one year later, and if the world of mouth isn't there it's clear why you are earning less every year that it goes
that's assuming you've reached your whole audience in the first year and that the userbase didn't grow at all, both of which are wrong

that doesn't mean you should be selling more every year, or even the same, but what these devs are trying to surface is that the rate their sales curve is falling is not normal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.