• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

98tT02E.png

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Lords of the West
- Mentalist - Out 26th January

Though the choice of including Burgundians (more like Flemish/Frisians) and Sicilians (the Norman Kingdom of Both Sicilies) proved to be fairly divisive with the fan base, the good news is, Age of Kings continues to thrive, and (more importantly), there's more civs on the way, and more unique units and buildings for the modders to tinker around with. Plus, you get to play as the nemeses of Joan of Arc, as the Britons finally, after 23 years get an official campaign- and it's none other than the dreaded nemesis of the Over-Enthusiastic Scottish Tutorial Narrator, King Edward Longshanks himself! Join the party and hammer some Scots, as the most long-lived RTS of them all gets even bigger!

Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy
- Uzzy - Out 26th January

ANIME AS FUCK

Cyber Shadow
- Uzzy - Out 26th January

The world has been taken over by synthetic lifeforms. A desperate plea for help sets Shadow on a journey to uncover what started the path to perpetual ruin. Slash through the techno hordes, leap past traps, and nimbly navigate the ruins of Mekacity. Only you can unlock the secrets to your clan's ancient powers in Cyber Shadow, the quintessential Ninja Action game.

Hitman 3
- Uzzy - Out 20th January on EGS

Death Awaits. Agent 47 returns in HITMAN 3, the dramatic conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy.

Lost Angel
- Uzzy - Out 20th January

Lost Angel is the first feature-length interactive FMV(full motion video) made in Korea. We invite you to the dangerous journey of influencer Alex, who is on a trip to Korea!!

Alex falls into the midst of a dangerous conspiracy due to an unexpected encounter. Without knowing the reason, Alex is threatened with his life and has encounters with many strangers.

Olija
- Uzzy - Out 28th January

Olija is a game about Faraday's quest, a man shipwrecked then trapped in the mysterious country of Terraphage. Armed with a legendary harpoon, he and other castaways try to leave this hostile country to return to their homelands.

Through adventurous exploration, narration and razor sharp combat, the player will discover a strange world and its inhabitants, including Olija, an enigmatic lady that Faraday finds himself bound to over time. Inspired by swashbuckling tales and cinematic adventure games, Olija is a story about facing the unknown in adversity.

Orange Cast: Sci-Fi Space Action Game
- Mentalist - Out 21st January

Second time's the charm (hopefully) for the bombastic-looking third-person shooter (with powers?) from the ambitious Russian devs. Do check out the free prologue on Steam, but the game seems to be real mash-up of a whole bunch of epic sci-fi tropes, citing inspirations from The Expanse, among many other sources. And hey, it's an indie sci-fi TPS without a cover system, so that's worth something. The game looks janky, but in all the good, "reach for the stars, but only get 2/3s of the way there", and hopefully an original sci-fi IP brings somethign fresh to the market.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Complete Edition
- Uzzy - Out 14th January on EGS and Uplay (or whatever they're calling it these days)

Rediscover the beloved 2D arcade-style beat'em up inspired by the iconic comic book series and movie Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game in this Complete Edition! This Complete Edition includes the original Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, as well as it's original DLCs - the Knives Chau and Wallace Wells Add-On Packs.

Play as your favourite characters - Scott Pilgrim, Ramona Flowers, Knives Chau, Stephen Stills, and more. Level-up and learn new awesome abilities, unlock secret items and modes, summon powerful allies, and more! Team up with friends and combine your skills to battle your way through waves of tough enemies, or compete with them in awesome mini-games like Dodgeball; all on your way to defeat the League of Ramona's Evil Exes!

Sword of the Necromancer

What would you do to bring back someone you love?

Sword of the Necromancer is a dungeon-crawler action RPG with Rogue-like elements where you can revive your defeated enemies to make them fight alongside you. Turn your foes into allies using the forbidden powers of the Sword of the Necromancer and help Tama reach the dungeon's depths in order to gain enough power to bring Koko back from the dead. Gather a little army of monsters, equip yourself with weapons and relics and level up to take on the guardians that stand between you and your objective.

The Medium

The Medium is a third-person psychological horror game that features patented dual-reality gameplay and an original soundtrack co-composed by Arkadiusz Reikowski (Layers of Fear, Observer) and Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill).

Discover a dark mystery only a medium can solve. Explore the real world and the spirit world at the same time. Use your psychic abilities to solve puzzles spanning both worlds, uncover deeply disturbing secrets, and survive encounters with The Maw - a monster born from an unspeakable tragedy..

Wield unique psychic abilities reserved for those with the gift. Travel between the realities or explore them both at the very same time. Use the Out of Body experience to investigate places where your real-world self can't go. Create energy shields and deliver powerful spirit blasts to survive the spirit world and its otherworldly dangers.

gK65o0a.png

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game - Complete Edition
- Uzzy

It's a re-release of a 10 year old game, totally counts.

Scott Pilgrim, a 20-something slacker asshole from Toronto who looks like Michael Cera, meets an American manic pixie dream girl who looks like Huntress from Birds of Prey. But to date her, he must defeat her seven evil exes, including Superman and Captain America, as well as avoiding his own ex, Captain Marvel. Fantastic movie and an excellent game, and why don't you show how good you are at fighting those evil exes by defeating the first without losing a life.

Players defeating Matthew Patel without losing a life:
JIfmoDo.png

Cyberpunk 2077
- Uzzy

'I realised this city only gives you two choices - you either become an asshole or eventually you get offed by one. I hope.. you somehow find an alternative.'

Chooms who helped Judy vs Night City
GxAoYEU.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales. There's a dedicated thread for that!
  • NO ANIME/J-ROCK/POP. :(
  • Maybe try not to drive posters away for sharing their thoughts on video games, alright? If you're not wanting to purchase a game for any reason, and someone discusses it in entirely unrelated terms, you don't necessarily have to tell them that you're not going to purchase it for that reason. I know that's something I could do better myself. That's not to say you can't discuss that reason, of course, you just don't have to every time someone mentions a game in an unrelated context.

LfFWMTH.png

Xv7uIjB.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
PC Gaming ERA 2020 GOTY Info
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
5h0HbEB.png

It's that time again.

Previous Years Results: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc...decade-poll-results-dyskoteka-elizjum.166769/

RIpiFfR.png

Read the Rules first, and send Uzzy a PM for the Google Forms link

Deadline for voting is Midnight GMT 24th/25th January

The categories for voting are:
  • Game of the Year 2020
  • Ongoing Game of the Year 2020 (Optional)
  • Early Access Game of the Year 2020 (Optional)
  • VR Game of the Year 2020 (Optional)
  • Surprise of the Year 2020 (Optional)
GOTY Award:
  • Up to 5 choices can be submitted, points based system:
    5th Choice (1 point)
    4th Choice (2 points)
    3rd Choice (3 points)
    2nd Choice (4 points)
    1st Choice (5 points)
  • For 1st Choice you will need to write a response on why you have chosen it as your GOTY.
Eligibility:
  • Any game fully released on any PC platform between 1st January to 31st Dec 2020 is eligible for Game of the Year 2020. This includes remakes and remasters, provided that there is a new executable.
  • Any game fully released prior to 1st January 2020 which received content updates between 1st January to 31st Dec 2020 is eligible for Ongoing Game of the Year 2020. New content can be in the form of patches, DLC or general updates, but not bug fixes.
  • Any game released into Early Access (or equivalent) on any PC platform between 1st January to 31st Dec 2020 is eligible for Early Access Game of the Year 2020.
  • Any game fully released on any PC platform between 1st January to 31st Dec 2019 which requires or recommends the use of a VR headset is eligible for VR Game of the Year 2020.
  • Any game or gaming event, good or bad, that was released/occurred last year is eligible for Surprise of the Year 2020. It's intentionally broad and vague so pick what you like, I'll parse things down.
  • As ResetEra is a predominantly English language website, any game getting an English translation in 2020 is eligible.
To prevent a recurrence of 2018s mix up, please copy the title of the game you wish to vote for from Steam (or other platform if only available there) precisely, including trademark notices. (I.e. if you want to vote for Half Life Alyx, put 'Half-Life: Alyx' into the voting form.) I will be parsing the votes to try to get everything counted, but this sort of consistency will help.

Do not:
  • Vote more than once
  • Share the link with anyone, it's for you alone and to verify who's voted.
  • Submit the same game more than once in the same category.
  • Choose an Ongoing or Early Access game for the GOTY award.
Do:
  • Feel free to submit games from any PC platform, Steam, GOG, EGS, Stardock, whatever you want.
  • Feel free to submit fewer than 5 for GOTY. You must submit 1, however.
  • Contact me if you spot a problem or have any questions about the vote.
  • Have fun!

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
2021? More like 2020 new game +

I start the petition for Turd of the year 2020! I also think following the steam idea of having some 1-2 new categories each year that we decide for extra fun would be nice, such as "best inclusive game" or "best music".

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Happy new year, everyone. Hopefully AMD and Nvidia will collectively get their act together and we can buy their new GPUs and CPUs soon.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Happy New Year!

Great thread as always Uzzy ! Can't wait for the PC GOTY!

Here were all the games I played last year, I admit, quite a few were console exclusives but that rest were on PC:

COD World at War
Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening
Mario Odyssey
DOOM 2016
Doom Eternal
Skyrim
The Last of Us
The last of Us Part 2
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session!
TellTale Walking Dead: Final Season
Bridge Constructer Portal
Rayman 2
MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Fallout 4
Unreal Tournament GOTY
Spiderman DLC
TitanFall 2

I hope to get into more fighting games this year, just got this in the post yesterday:

MtgP0XW.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I just swapped out my i7 8700 non-K for an i9 9900KF.

After I got a 3080 I wanted to grab the fastest CPU my board can take. Surprisingly noticeable improvement in Watch Dogs Legion and Cold War.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Hopefully everyone will do better in 2021, gaming wise I think it will be a slow year

Uzzy thank you for all the work you do for this community

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Happy new year.
It feels like I don't have too much to look forward to this year. For now... But my Library is MASSIVE. And today a new humble bundle will release and then I still have 50€ to spend on the Steam sale. So a nice start into the new year :)

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
with sequels to Bloodlines and S.T.AL.K.E.R. 2021 is shaping up to be fairy epic, even when those games turn out to be janky, bug riddled messes, as is the tradition.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I didn't know Hitman 3 was coming out so soon. Some of those games I've never heard of so gonna take a look.

Happy New Year all

Bito

Jan 30, 2019
Excited for The Medium, hopefully the trailers aren't deceiving and plays as good as it looks.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Just bought Spec Ops: The Line off of Steam. Played the first mission so far. Guess it will be my first game of 2021 unless I sneak in some Overwatch (Probably unlikely with Total Mayhem out of rotation again lol).

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
As always thanks for putting this thread together!

Guess for me this month Olija, The Medium, and Scott Pilgrim would be what I would buy if they review/impression well (well except Scott Pilgrim that's a known quantity). Probably not buy anything and will focus on the backlog/steam sale purchases though.

Dec 25, 2018
2021 might be a bit of a slow year for new games for myself but I think I have enough in the library after the past few sales to keep me going, have a couple RPGs ive been meaning to try and a few games i never finished on console to do fresh playthroughs on PC that ill hopefully see through to the end.

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Happy new year all!

Hitman 3 is probably my most hyped game of the year, quite happy that it's releasing on my birthday!

Keeping my eyes on Cyber Shadow and The Medium, and Orange Cast looks interesting

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget the free games each day from EGS is still going on. Today is Jurassic World Evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.