• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Alright I'm commuting the bans since it was jokes, but y'all know better now so please don't misuse staff tags again. Thanks!

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Margarita Pizza is best pizza
pizza-margherita_2000x1500_toddcoleman.jpg

tumblr_mcml6fhki31qa0evh.png

The best and most iconic of pizzas. Anything extra is unnecessary frivolity.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Indiegala just sent me this email
alaGold has been a fascinating experiment that we have carried out during the last 20 months.
We've understood many things by monitoring its use, as well as some of its limits.
Many of you have strongly requested the possibility of being able to use a virtual currency in order to make purchases.
GalaGold was not designed for this purpose.
For this very reason we will be introducing a new virtual currency that will completely substitute GalaGold, and which will allow you to make purchases both on the store and on bundles.
GalaGold is due to retire the first week of February.

I'm not gonna expect much but using store credit for bundles sounds good to me.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I don't quite get it.

What matters to me is will Outward (Deep Silver's next game) become Epic exclusive or not?

I don't think that's knowable as of yet. Deep Silver is a division of Koch Media, who seems to have made this deal independently of 4A and even THQ Nordic. Though THQ-N bought Koch, it seems like it was more for its licenses as Koch seems to have retained most operational independence. I guess the same could happen to Outward, but THQ-N's Twitter response would make it seem like they'd at least prefer games being available everywhere.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Forza Horizon 4 at max settings(well 4 vs 8x msaa) and 4K 60 is absurd, 2080ti is a damn beast. Still blown away every day how games look these days.

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
Do someone want A Hat in Time? I have a code that might work.

Edit: Gone.

Last edited:

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
A Hat in Time is brilliant and one of the best platformers of the new millennium, plus the writing is great and it's as charming as any classic rare game. Don't let the first level put you off as it's a weak spot in comparison to the variety and visual design you get elsewhere.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Epic's reputation as the good guy in all this and so many folks in this forum willing to fiercely bat for them is becoming more frustrating by the day. I feel we would have gotten a more honest reaction to their moves if it were done by a different company - maybe EA or Microsoft. Ugh whatever.

VeuillezPLP

Oct 28, 2017
France
Just got a 2.5€ money back from Epic since Hades is now 17.49€ instead of 19.99€.

I bought it on launch so it's pretty nice of them.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
No longer banned?
Guess someone higher up at Era agrees with my views on pineapple pizza.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Pineapple pizza didn't do anything wrong
I think pineapple pizza is a pretty cool guy, feeds peeps and doesn't afraid of anything.
Pineapple pizza was framed

Game thought;
2064 Read only memories is an ok adventure game, seems like it was designed to fit on a mobile screen, which doesn't take anything away from it just makes it better to play in a window. Hopefully its short and I can move on to Deus Ex Mankind divided.

Tuesday morning thought of horror; if my current GPU dies, I don't have an onboard GPU solution and I would need to break out my GTX460 768mb. Thankfully, it appears to be healthy.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
That's basically every Era PC thread which isn't this one or the Linux thread.

Can't be said often enough that the Build a PC thread is one of the best and consistently useful ones GAF/ERA had/has. Even the usual AMDvsNVvsIntel bickering is kept at a minimum.

This was the eye opening thing about this whole affair. I was listening to the Giant Beastcast last week and for a shortwhile the topic of Epic and Valve came up and I was taken aback at the tone of Alex Navarro with regards to Valve; felt like as if I was hearing about someone who did a great wrong and it was high time they got their comeuppance.

Alex is known to be a judgmental, petty asshole who is all about drama and cares little for getting the facts in order, sitting down and thinking about his opinions for a minute or two before pointing fingers and blabbering nonsense. Main reason I've become very selective of what I watch from GB.

Nov 4, 2017
Baltimore, MD

I know everyone is way over this but I have to ask.. Is this Schrödinger's Valve? Both Inactive and cultivating at the same time?

I really wonder what kind of money Epic is willing to pay to secure exclusivity for RDR2 (or at least to keep it away from Steam).
You just know they must already have Take Two/Rockstar on the phone.

Rockstar has FU money like Epic. I can't see their next PC game not being sold direct. That said I wouldn't be put out if RDR 2 comes to the Epic store, just doesn't seem likely to me.

Ubi has too and yet Epic was still willing to pay them just to keep Division 2 away from Steam.

Ubisoft isn't quite in the same league as Rockstar.

Yakuza 0 makes me want a proper Sega arcade compilation on Steam.
Agreed. I don't know why this hasn't happened yet.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Great. Now I feel bad for writing terrible things about THQ. I beg for forgiveness.

Don't believe it. A contractor working for THQ Nordic (claiming he wrote that Tweet) just said that they have similar exclusivity deals planned:

No, because THQ Nordic has similar timed exclusives planned. That's why I have requested the "statement" be retracted.

Seems we can expect many, many more exclusivity deals from various devs and publishers :(

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018

Passle

Alt-account.
Jan 22, 2019
I do want to be clear that it's not just EGS. Similarly there are other publishers circling similar exclusivity deals with platforms.

Complete rumour mill, but the recent partnership between Amazon Prime and Devolver Digital was pitched as a trial. Trial for what? We'll see.

But that's where the industry was already going. EGS just sped it up a lot quicker than planned.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I do want to be clear that it's not just EGS. Similarly there are other publishers circling similar exclusivity deals with platforms.

Complete rumour mill, but the recent partnership between Amazon Prime and Devolver Digital was pitched as a trial. Trial for what? We'll see.

But that's where the industry was already going. EGS just sped it up a lot quicker than planned.

I can only say "Fuck".

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018

We need a Flashpoint level event right about now.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Epic deals like this are going to become commonplace

This kills the linux.

Time to see if I can run the Twitch client through Proton

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Plot twist: Gaben will turn supervillain and Valve will secure storefront and platform exclusivity. Imagine the reaction to that.

Passle

Alt-account.
Jan 22, 2019
The only reassuring thing I can say is once the teething out is done, and it will take some time, such distribution deals will enable more unique and polished auteur-driven games that would otherwise never be financed.

Roma. We'll get to the video game equivalent to Roma. Eventually.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

If epic didn't do the exclusives thing, someone else would have - its a natural consequence of having a multiple launcher landscape. Somebody is going to take the easy way out and throw money around. It's only going to get worse when these competing gamepass type deals start to proliferate.

Status
Not open for further replies.