• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Made something:

unbenannt-2dsky4.jpg
It's missing "epic store is a few weeks old," "you had to have steam to play HL2" and "we have no prove they moneyhatted"

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely proves my point, I think, that

100% of people can't be fucking happy that a games company promotes a healthy work/life balance, if that games company happens to be Valve.
This was the eye opening thing about this whole affair. I was listening to the Giant Beastcast last week and for a shortwhile the topic of Epic and Valve came up and I was taken aback at the tone of Alex Navarro with regards to Valve; felt like as if I was hearing about someone who did a great wrong and it was high time they got their comeuppance.

I had no idea people out there had such animosity towards Valve. I know there are some specific things that one could take issue with them for, issues that I to agree that Valve need to do better but not to that extent. I could just be reading too much into it what with all the Epic v Valve talk though.

socarraet

Banned
Jan 22, 2019
It's Instant Gaming a shady key reseller? Do you guys advise buying keys from them?
If not , what key markets do you recommend?

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
After long consideration, Era will no longer tolerate Members that use Pineapple as toppings for Pizza. Anyone still following this practice (or attempts to proselytize others to it) will be perma-banned. You have been warned.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm not sure if people actually like UWP. They like cross-play and cross-buy with Xbox, but that isn't tied to UWP at all.

Anyway, I do value the PC as an open platform. That's why I'm so opposed against Microsoft plans to lock down PC gaming into encrypted containers. The major reason why we still have win32 games is because Microsofts plans failed. I'm not sure what would have happened if they had actually released a decent store and offered devs an easy way to port Xbox games to Windows 10. Microsoft doesn't see their app model as on "option". The see it as a replacement for win32.

We're not here yet. Microsoft is working on game core, which is based on UWP and still meant to port Xbox games to Windows 10 without too much effort. They are also planning to virtualize win32 in future Windows versions, which will no doubt have a significant impact on win32 gaming.

But they haven't been locking things down. I can play Frostpunk, Guacamelee and Wargroove on both Steam and the Microsoft Store. Meanwhile your good friend Sweeney did.

Still have to laugh about it.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
After a long consideration, Era will no longer tolerate Members that use Pineapple as toppings for Pizza. Anyone still following this practice (or attempts to proselytize others to it) will be perma-banned. You have been warned.
tumblr_n39t8j2UtP1rfwfq9o1_500.jpg

Come at me, bro~

New Bundle tonight~ Maybe :V

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
After a long consideration, Era will no longer tolerate Members that use Pineapple as toppings for Pizza. Anyone still following this practice (or attempts to proselytize others to it) will be perma-banned. You have been warned.
I'm ok with this

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 day): Deliberately misusing staff tags
After a long consideration, Era will only allow one pizza topping: banana. We hope you enjoy your Afrika pizza and surstromming.

Fuck Flips, you got me

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
After a long consideration, Era will only allow one pizza topping: banana. We hope you enjoy your Afrika pizza and surstromming.

Fuck Flips, you got me
I wonder if anyone even considered this as an endgame for Epic Store. Not using Fortnite as a bait for Ashen, but using Ashen as a bait for Fortnite.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

Where's muh competition? ffs, anti-tropical fruit Era strikes again.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The administration would like to make clear that HITMAN 2 is the true GOTY of PCEra.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Looks like i am about to get half this thread banned, big WOOPS.

For what it's worth mods, i started this, thinking its accessiblity was a bug and the rest followed me suit.
I take all the blame.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
btw all you guys actually posting in the epic threads and losing brain cells over the terrible ignorance displayed there thank you, I appreciate all of you and think you're unironically braver than any troop or cop <3

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
DO YOU WANT TO PLAY GAMES

Only if theyre indie-developed, DRM-free, receive a wholesome cut from the store, have no DLC, are not early-access, don't launch with bugs, don't have MTX, have no achievements, don't require you to always be online, were made without crunch, aaaaand most importantly only if that game is called Minesweeper. Solitaire is acceptable too.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Just look at this (from the Valve Time thread).

The big irony here is that Valve couldn't afford Valve time if they weren't profiting from selling all those games produced by people doing crazy overtimes and constant crunch.

In short, this tweet is about as miopic as one from a fashion store clerk who works 9-17 selling clothes made from people who are fundamentally slaves.

BitchEatingCrackers.jpg

Only if theyre indie-developed, DRM-free, receive a wholesome cut from the store, have no DLC, are not early-access, don't launch with bugs, don't have MTX, have no achievements, don't require you to always be online, were made without crunch, aaaaand most importantly only if that game is called Minesweeper. Solitaire is acceptable too.

That's not what I m... I was doing a th... Damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.