• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
MRORANGE Don't forget to edit the full text list in the thread as well.

I had a really great time with Into the Breach last year. I felt pretty good about having my three runs all be perfect (all objectives). There were a few turns I remember spending a good amount of time analyzing to keep myself in it. At some point I really should try out the rest of the teams.

Dakath

Oct 26, 2017
That is a fine list of video games worth experiencing.

Shout outs to my fellow CrossCode voters, let's look forward to that Switch release when it becomes a real game like Hollow Knight.

I probably would have voted for Warframe: Fortuna if I had realized it qualified for DLC.

Also thank you for counting my Battlefront 2 vote in turd of the year, it's the closest I've gotten to having a blurb included in any GOTY list.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I just started Okami...its been about half an hour and the game hasnt started yet! The "cut scene" moves so slow! Okay it was 19 minutes as per my save file when the cut scene ended.

Dakath

Oct 26, 2017
I just started Okami...its been about half an hour and the game hasnt started yet! The "cut scene" moves so slow! Okay it was 19 minutes as per my save file when the cut scene ended.

There's a button you can mash to make it go faster. I want to say it was the Xbox equivalent of the B button? But I think it didn't work for every cutscene too.

Oct 25, 2017
mjRb8oq.jpg

Daily reminder that we still don't have a date for Ace Attorney Trilogy.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Just to check nothing's changed in the past few months...

I'm looking at getting Sekiro from CDKeys.

NOTE: This product does not work in Japan, Republic of Korea, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

I'm in Malaysia - with the Malaysian store - so I was going to VPN to the UK to activate. That'll still work, right?

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
finally beat nergigante

actually had a really easy time for 95% of the fight and when it got to skull health it got super tough all of the sudden and cost me 2 continues, it was scary for a second

glad that's over, tho was hoping to unlock a new area rather than having to revisit the old ones

i do like those special expeditions, idk why but i really enjoy just walking around these areas without a real target

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Just to check nothing's changed in the past few months...

I'm looking at getting Sekiro from CDKeys.

I'm in Malaysia - with the Malaysian store - so I was going to VPN to the UK to activate. That'll still work, right?

Yeah, but as madjoki says, Acti's region-specific subs are typically runtime-restricted, so it'd be a good idea to play it safe and hold off until closer to release.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it should; that is how i redeemed a gta collection that was locked russia and specific eu regions.

Yeah, I did the same thing for... something awhile ago. Civ VI, I think? But I just want to double-check before buying something else. It saves me a fiver, which is worth it, right now.

Because it's Activision, it's most likely run time locked, so you have to activate and then wait 90 days before you can play without VPN.

According to SteamDB, currently it isn't. Though, yeah, they have runtime locked stuff closer to release. But, eh, I'll chance that. :)

Yeah, but as madjoki says, Acti's region-specific subs are typically runtime-restricted, so it'd be a good idea to play it safe and hold off until closer to release.

Mmmm... That might actually be why the price dropped on CDKeys over the past couple of days - lots of people holding off until closer to release.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Mmmm... That might actually be why the price dropped on CDKeys over the past couple of days - lots of people holding off until closer to release.

Also very few stores are selling Sekiro in digital format for PC. Steam and couple of unofficial key sites like CDKeys. Retail PC version seems to be "code in a box" variety and everyone assumes it's Steam, but will it be? The lack of official online/digital stores selling it makes me paranoid, it would be so easy for Epic to swoop in and buy exclusivity at the last minute. Just refund Steam pre-orders and that's it. That'd make it the first PC game I illegally download in well over a decade iirc.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Also very few stores are selling Sekiro in digital format for PC. Steam and couple of unofficial key sites like CDKeys. Retail PC version seems to be "code in a box" variety and everyone assumes it's Steam, but will it be? The lack of official online/digital stores selling it makes me paranoid, it would be so easy for Epic to swoop in and buy exclusivity at the last minute. Just refund Steam pre-orders and that's it. That'd make it the first PC game I illegally download in well over a decade iirc.

I can't see that happening at this point. Yeah, Ashen was removed just before release, but I think the negative PR of doing it so late in the day has made sure it won't happen like that again. Still a chance, sure, but very unlikely I think. And, tbh, even if it did they'd make it a BNet exclusive - why take 88% from Epic, when they can take 100%?

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

I doubt they wanna remove a whole market (China) for this game.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
What're the latest nvidia drivers? GeForce shows I have 417.22 from December. SHouldn't there be one for RE2?

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
It's a bummer that Con's reload in animation in Killer7 is the one that they couldn't update to 60 fps because it's so cool and so are his animations.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
The last few pages in here have been great, with Hitman getting the trophy taken away at the last minute. I knew there was going to be some crazy nonsense, Now to actually play some 2018 titles...

It's not bad, it's just okay. And there is a ton of stuff that is better than 'okay', which I could be playing.
But I started 2 now and it turns out 1 had a story after all so I'm compelled to go back - it's not long anyway, supposedly.
Started today and now I see where you are coming from. Everything is nice but there is something missing... It's not that overwhelming feeling I got with Hollow Knight.
Is there a way to make the map bigger btw? It would be nice if you could set markers on it, too.
I played until I reached that zombies with dynamite and bottles, combined with TNT barrels and jump-mushrooms. There it gets a bit chaotic, I died, lost a lot of money, had a look at the watch - well, time to end anyway...
If I wouldn't have this habit to nearly never ever drop a game, I might be thinking about it too. ^^

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
The GOTY wrapping up was quite a set of events, huh? I'm happy to see my top 3 featured in the top 10.

I've started playing Cuphead yesterday with my gf and holy moly is this game hard. Nevertheless, we're having a blast.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I finished all of the main osysseys in Assassin's Creed Odyssey on Friday. What a strange ending to that one quest line huh.

I really really don't enjoy how the level scaling works in the game. Leveling up feels meaningless when everything levels up with you. Numbers get bigger but encounters last about the same because all of the numbers get bigger, including enemy health.
I would have loved to have more passive skills that would allow me to boost different damage types even more, to really tailor the game to a specific playstyles and to kind of bypass the leveling problem. As it is I don't really feel like most of the active abilities are fun to use either.

I think I'll wait for all of the DLC to be released before I get back to it, maybe do a few more of the proper sidequests then too.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Started today and now I see where you are coming from. Everything is nice but there is something missing... It's not that overwhelming feeling I got with Hollow Knight.
Is there a way to make the map bigger btw? It would be nice if you could set markers on it, too.
I played until I reached that zombies with dynamite and bottles, combined with TNT barrels and jump-mushrooms. There it gets a bit chaotic, I died, lost a lot of money, had a look at the watch - well, time to end anyway...
If I wouldn't have this habit to nearly never ever drop a game, I might be thinking about it too. ^^
On the plus side I can now tell you that Steamworld Dig 2 is indeed leagues better than the first one and a totally excellent game!
Good time to get over your habit of nearly never dropping a game, buy dropping it and jumping right into the sequel, like I did :P

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Odyssey is an abysmal fucking game without a single mission featuring actual thought or scripted elements, terrible level scaling and combat that NEVER evolves and a story that goes nowhere before resolving in the last 5 minutes and then throws in a giant fuck you cliffhanger which is so stupid it might as well plummet off it. How anyone likes that game is a mystery and it honestly scares me in regards to the future of game design.

I didn't like Origins but Odyssey is so, so much worse. The only thing I appreciate is the bisexuality but it's so chaste that sex might as well not even be in there.

Last edited:

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
I'm not even mad that Hitman 2 won. I haven't played it yet but I love IO Interactive
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is far higher than it had any right to be, even if I voted for it at #10

Status
Not open for further replies.