• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Between 30 fps and the absolutely insane pop in I'm actually finding Okami a bit of a slog to go back to, just doesn't feel good at all.

Sure I'll get used to the frame rate after a bit but gosh that pop in is severe.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
10 HOURS TO GO

YCkFEUC.png

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Just finished RE2. Great game. Its like a good mix of the older survival ones (which i like) and the newer actiony ones (which i also like). Very nice looking game too.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I take my above comments back because I've been playing Okami for 3 hours and it's joy so you do very much get used to the framerate and pop in.

Does have an infuriating 4K bug where any desktop notification minimizies it to a 1080p window and to fix it you have to exit to the title screen as you can't access resolution in-game >_>

Last edited:
OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just a heads up that there will also be a thread will all results after it has been revealed here, we will do a countdown reveal like we normally do.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I tried Steam Link app on my TV with wired connection and I must say that I am impressed. I can connect my X1S gamepad to TV via BT and works like a charm. Depending on game and resolution I get 15-40ms delay for video and under 1ms delay for input. Also there are 0 packets lost. It is just bummer that HDR is not supported.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
It'll be nice to finally be able to use 4K netflix on my pc once my card comes in Monday but I have a fire tv for that at this point.

But yeah microsoft's DRM solution is a mess

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
4K is great, I'm using it in games all the time. I wish it was more widespread, but it's not game developers or even Microsoft fault, it's hardware being struggling for years with fewer performance improvements for higher price tags.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I have a 4K TV but I dont have a PC that can run 4k yet.

I can barely run 1080 as it is for some games lol

Soon though...soon..

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
How's Worlds Adrift? I have $22 of Steam Wallet funds from trading my Overwatch and The Division Humble keys and I want to spend it on an MMO or early access title like Skate XL.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I recently upgraded from a 970 to a 1070. I don't even have a 4k TV in my house let alone for my PC. I'm just over here with a 1920x1200 and a second monitor @ 1080p. A 1070 is probably overkill for the majority of what I do.

There really isn't much reason for me to go out and get a fancier monitor at this point. The prices on 4k ones are friggin huge and even a good 1440p seems like a steep ask at frequently $300+. I'll just sit down here with my old tech and do just fine thank you.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
4k is fine for me on PC, be it games or movies.

HDR is a crapshoot, works alright with MPC and MadVR, but it's an arseache with games.

Honestly 1440p is where it's at for games. And for films, if the bitrate is alright the jump from 1080p to 4k isn't even that noticeable.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Yesterday I used my last day of Origin Access Basic to beat my 5th game of the year: Titanfall 2. After so many recommendations to play this game, I finally got up to it and dayum! I loved it. It might as well be my favourite fps of all time, with all the Mirror's Edge + mecha business going on. I really enjoyed my time with it.

Something else I want to comment about is my origin access experience. I ended up beating 3 games total during my 3 months time subscription. Unravel, Fe, Titanfall 2. I guess it wasn't super bad, but I reckon that I'm personally not very fond of subscription services for games. I thought I would embrace this trend, but I believe I prefer to not have any sort of pressure (Oh, I'm paying for this, so I should use it!). Possibly in the future I will be renewing to play some other AAA games for cheap, but only if something attracts my attention and most certainly not for long.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Games are fine

Streaming is a SHITSHOW

If you wanna watch any 4K stuff you're better served to just get a streaming box and do it that way vs deal with all the slipshod DRM/browser/tech mumbo jumbo they got goin' on
Amazon Prime and Netflix work fine for me on both Windows and Linux (I use Chrome for this, as that makes it easy to cast it to my Chromecast.). Admittedly, I don't stream any 4K content, just regular ol' HD, but I don't imagine that would make difference, HD or 4K is both gonna use the same DRM scheme.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anthem looks and feels great, but I have no idea what I am doing. Also it keeps getting stuck on loading screens and I have to end process via task manager to get out of the game.

Oct 30, 2017
Just ordered an RTX 2080. Im super excited. If i can sell my GTX 1060 for about 180 euro, plus my RTX coming with Anthem and BFV, I can pretend I only paid €450 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.