• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I don't know why but I'm kinda interested in Anthem now. Just gonna check out the demo this weekend and see if it is for me.

Never played Destiny or Warframe so I guess I'm not burned out on stuff like that.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't care less about BioWare at this point. They've long abandoned making great RPGs for whatever finds them mainstream success.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Has anyone ever played this? I got it bundled years ago and it looks like crap but it has overwhelmingly positive reviews. I keep searching it when I look for new metroidvanias. Could it actually be good?

It's okay, I'm surprised that the reviews are so high though. The best part are the controls, it's very smooth and responsive, but other than that it doesn't have much going for it. The art is awful and there's a severe lack of variety in terms of enemies and level design.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
So I feel like a moron having to ask this, but why can't I see the link to the Discord in the first post when I hit reply? All I see is [Hidden Content] in the reply.

Again sorry for asking, but it's been driving me nuts and I know it's something I must be doing wrong.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

Either AI: Somnium news or Spike Chunsoft/Too Kyo collab project. Either way it's likely PC related since Spike puts everything on there and Too Kyo plan is launch their titles on PC first.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
So I feel like a moron having to ask this, but why can't I see the link to the Discord in the first post when I hit reply? All I see is [Hidden Content] in the reply.

Again sorry for asking, but it's been driving me nuts and I know it's something I must be doing wrong.
You should see it now.

The "You need to reply to this in order to see this content " is kind of poorly worded, what it actually means is that you need to post in the thread once, not actually reply to the post with the hidden content.
So now that you have posted in the thread, you should see it just fine.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
RE2 looks like absolute quality so I will be very happy to never play it because I am super squeamish and a coward

it doesnt matter what you play, and you should know your role and shut your mouth.

thats a couple of wrestling references for your times hanging out with the wrestling crowd traitor!

I miss u there

Either AI: Somnium news or Spike Chunsoft/Too Kyo collab project. Either way it's likely PC related since Spike puts everything on there and Too Kyo plan is launch their titles on PC first.

this is the 999/VLR/ZTD dude right?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Needs more dropbears.

dropbears1.JPG

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I really think that people need to stop romanticizing MTX. In most cases when you compare how much companies earn from MTX and content you get for free, it is really minimum they can release to keep game going. Rare are cases where you get sizable amounts of content at reasonable pace.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Started playing ReCore and so far it gives me strong original Lost Planet vibe (not in the way it plays obviously), it's quite boring and I absolutely don't understand what am I doing. Honestly, I expected more from people who made Metroid Prime, maybe these fairy tales about Nintendo overseeing every step in the development of games they publish aren't as baseless as I thought.

EDIT: That made me realize how I miss the days when mid-tier games like ReCore were common. Nowadays, it's either big budget blockbuster or nostalgia driven indies, there's no place for new Timeshifts or Dark Sectors.

Last edited:

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really think that people need to stop romanticizing MTX. In most cases when you compare how much companies earn from MTX and content you get for free, it is really minimum they can release to keep game going. Rare are cases where you get sizable amounts of content at reasonable pace.
Look at the successful ones and you will see this is extremely false. And if you're talking about Anthem... You're just crying over cosmetics that wouldn't even exist otherwise. It's the most pointless , dumb complaint

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone playing Ring of Elysium in here? It's legitimately addictive. That new grappling hook ability is straight of Just Cause/Attack on Titan.

Oh, umm... if anyone is interested, here's my battle buddy referral code in case you make a new character: Q7899ZP1Q8N

I know, I know ... I sound like a shitty MLM employee but I really want that sweet denim jacket for 5 referred players. :P

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Look at the successful ones and you will see this is extremely false. And if you're talking about Anthem... You're just crying over cosmetics that wouldn't even exist otherwise. It's the most pointless , dumb complaint

I am talking about games in general. Few years ago people were raging about horse armor that costed 2.5$, today people are going so far to praise companies who sell skins for horses for 5+$. And it is not dumb complain, free content that games get compared to what it costs to get it for free is disproportionate. Look at AC Odyssey, armor packs cost 10-15$ and what do you get in return from free content? Let's look at more MP oriented games like Overwatch, you get map around every 6 months and new hero around every 4 months. That is around 3 maps per year and 4 heroes. Activision/Blizzard earned around $2B from MTX in 2017 between CoD, Overwatch and Destiny. And now you are telling me that content they deliver for free is proportional to that? It takes around 250M-300M to make game like GTA V (without marketing) for the love of God.

So yeah I do think that "you get DLCs for free" is stupid when you just say that and don't consider value of those DLCs. I would rather have sizable paid DLC/expansion every 6 months or every year than what most games get for free these days backed with MTXs.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most games wouldn't get sizeable paid dlc in a world without MTX, because nobody really buys them. Maybe Call of Duty gets away with it, but those games only need to last a year or so. Games like Rainbow Six Siege would probably just be a footnote in a wiki entry instead of what they are now.

So yes, most people would rather play a game where you get some free shit because some rubes paid 5 dollars for some pretty wings (or they did) in order to have a lower barrier to entry, where they can easily play with all of their friends or the general community without needing to worry about who has what content.

It isn't romanticized, it's a subsidy.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am talking about games in general. Few years ago people were raging about horse armor that costed 2.5$, today people are going so far to praise companies who sell skins for horses for 5+$. And it is not dumb complain, free content that games get compared to what it costs to get it for free is disproportionate. Look at AC Odyssey, armor packs cost 10-15$ and what do you get in return from free content? Let's look at more MP oriented games like Overwatch, you get map around every 6 months and new hero around every 4 months. That is around 3 maps per year and 4 heroes. Activision/Blizzard earned around $2B from MTX in 2017 between CoD, Overwatch and Destiny. And now you are telling me that content they deliver for free is proportional to that? It takes around 250M-300M to make game like GTA V (without marketing) for the love of God.

So yeah I do think that "you get DLCs for free" is stupid when you just say that and don't consider value of those DLCs. I would rather have sizable paid DLC/expansion every 6 months or every year than what most games get for free these days backed with MTXs.
AC Odyssey has gotten the best post launch support of any ACs and it's also the first one where the paid cosmetics are earnable in-game instead of being behind paywall. So yes, it's a pretty darn good return. 0$ I ever need to put into such Armor packs.
Most games wouldn't get sizeable DLC a all and many of such SLCs this day are still very short and underwhelming. No MTX doesn't make such DLCs magically happen.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
AC Odyssey has gotten the best post launch support of any ACs and it's also the first one where the paid cosmetics are earnable in-game instead of being behind paywall. So yes, it's a pretty darn good return. 0$ I ever need to put into such Armor packs.
Wait, how do you get Armor packs for free? From what I've seen you can get them only by buying with Helix points, which I got only once after chapter 2 and it's not enough to buy even one of these packs.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

That is not true. In Origins you could get Helix items from Heka Chests and Origins got similar post launch support. But that is not the point. Tell me what AC Odyssey got that is free for everyone? You get 1-2 quests every month or two, you get recycled mini boss fights, you get some new features and patches. New cosmetic items you either pay or grind, big story DLCs are still paid. So my comment that free content you get is bare minimum for the most part still stands. When Episodic DLCs are free then we can talk about how MTX are paying for continuous development of good free content.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is not true. In Origins you could get Helix items from Heka Chests and Origins got similar post launch support. But that is not the point. Tell me what AC Odyssey got that is free for everyone? You get 1-2 quests every month or two, you get recycled mini boss fights, you get some new features and patches. New cosmetic items you either pay or grind, big story DLCs are still paid. So my comment that free content you get is bare minimum for the most part still stands. When Episodic DLCs are free then we can talk about how MTX are paying for continuous development of good free content.
There is no AC with more free content than Odyssey, despite MTXs being there since Black Flag.
Look at literally any of the current Ubi MP games , and then look at the old ones. Shitloads more content, shitload more support. For Honor and Rainbow Six would be dead and buried if they weren't GaaS

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So a few things

1- Nvidia GeForce isn't showing what the latest nvidia update is, showing I have the latest one from Dec. 3rd.

2- Kindred Spirits isn't in my region, as I had redeemed a key for it from a bundle. As such I can't access its new DLC outside of using a VPN :S

Status
Not open for further replies.