• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Why we can't buy Witcher 3 on Steam anymore? Add to Cart button is grayed out.
It still works for me
eDXYyvc.jpg

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Am I going to have to do the same thing all over again?

I mean, kind of. That's the loop. You will have unlocked High Rank armor though, which introduces Alpha/Beta versions of armor. Alpha sets will have less room for customization but more skills points, while Beta sets will have more slots and allow you more freedom to get creative. You've also unlocked decorations, and a few new NPCs in town. The melder being one of those.

So while it's 'more of the same' there is still a lot more to do and experiment with. Your armor you've been using up until now is going to quickly become obsolete (as it most all of LR armor, as it just can't defend you from hits well against the high damage of HR monsters). High Rank (and G Rank in the past ) is when things start getting good!

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, kind of. That's the loop. You will have unlocked High Rank armor though, which introduces Alpha/Beta versions of armor. Alpha sets will have less room for customization but more skills points, while Beta sets will have more slots and allow you more freedom to get creative. You've also unlocked decorations, and a few new NPCs in town. The melder being one of those.

So while it's 'more of the same' there is still a lot more to do and experiment with. Your armor you've been using up until now is going to quickly become obsolete (as it most all of LR armor, as it just can't defend you from hits well against the high damage of HR monsters). High Rank (and G Rank in the past ) is when things start getting good!

Yeah I understand it's the loop, I just didn't expect there'd be a such a hard reset. Makes me wish the transition was smoother. The melder was unlocked at an earlier point by the way.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
The 50% off offer for their game still stands btw
https://mundfish.com/en/pre-purchase/#

So base game deal is 50% off retail price, with discount applied 34€. That would make the base game around 68€. Now the more expensive and content rich Deluxe Founder's Edition is only 25% off, with discount applied 44€. That would make the Deluxe Founder's Edition around.. 59€, or 9€ less than the base game. Doesn't make sense to me but very few things do these days.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I understand it's the loop, I just didn't expect there'd be a such a hard reset.

Ah I couldn't remember when the Melder pops up, it's been a very long time. Yeah, the transition is very abrupt. It's overwhelming for a lot of people too just from a damage/HP standpoint. They start HR and get murdered by enemies that were pushovers in 'end level' Low Rank armor. Definitely can feel like a hard reset. Get yourself some easy HR armor, again I forget what is easily obtained right away. Something simple. Then just get going on those glorious Alpha/Beta sets.

I suppose I've always immensely loved the series and the grind so for me it's refreshing getting to that point and starting the even harder climb.

I've played an hour or so of Steamworld Dig and think I'm gonna leave it at that.
Made it to the 2nd zone and the game is just too repetitive for me, I don't really like the digging exploration and the upgrades haven't been that interesting either. There's basically not much of a story either, so I also don't have much motivation to push through at least for that. Dropped.
Then I hope I'm going to like it more than you do. Recently installed it and had a quick look if everything runs fine. Will start it in the near future. :O

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Friend sent me this

and now i want to start cursing EA again for not making NFS Underground 1 and 2 remakes!

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Then I hope I'm going to like it more than you do. Recently installed it and had a quick look if everything runs fine. Will start it in the near future. :O
It's not bad, it's just okay. And there is a ton of stuff that is better than 'okay', which I could be playing.
But I started 2 now and it turns out 1 had a story after all so I'm compelled to go back - it's not long anyway, supposedly.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
So base game deal is 50% off retail price, with discount applied 34€. That would make the base game around 68€. Now the more expensive and content rich Deluxe Founder's Edition is only 25% off, with discount applied 44€. That would make the Deluxe Founder's Edition around.. 59€, or 9€ less than the base game. Doesn't make sense to me but very few things do these days.

The discounts on the pre-purchase page are either typos or outdated. 50% = 30% and 25% = 15% as per the pre-order page.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I've been tempted to get into the game, if this sequel is better than the first 'll hold off for it.
I have played prologue and i'm starting a campaign. From what i saw game 2 and game 1 are a bit different, not as different as dawn of war 1 vs 2 but different.
BFG1 focus on small fleets (3-5 ships) with lots of abilities in each ship. 1 campaign (imperium). in skirmish you have 4 races on the base game (empire, greenskins, eldar, chaos) + 2 available as DLC (space marines and tau)
BFG2 focus on bigger fleets (just the prologue has a battle with 4 ships), less abilities per ship but more abilities on your flagship. 3 campaigns (imperium necrons and tyranids). In skirmish you have all of the previous game + tyranids,necrons, dark eldar, another eldar fleet, another tau fleet and adeptus mechanicus. Each faction has also a TON of more ships.

From my little experience game 2 at a glance seems to bes better in almost everything except for the players that enjoy micro management or prefer smaller fleets because they get attached more easily to their ships.

the heck is games2gether?
I'm not sure exactly what it is but amplitude (developer of endless games) uses that site to pool the community of their games. You even get a special cd key with their games to register there on your account. Your opinion has more points the more games you have from the studio.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
RE2 tonight, Anthem at the weekend. Friday to Tuesday off. No plans but these things.

Feels good.

Tart Toter 9K

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone pre-order Yakuza Kiwami from humble?
Do they provide a steam key right away or do they tend to send them around time of release?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow. Is this the biggest changelog ever?

I feel like one of those huge Stellaris changelogs was longer, but that might have been a font thing...

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Has anyone ever played this? I got it bundled years ago and it looks like crap but it has overwhelmingly positive reviews. I keep searching it when I look for new metroidvanias. Could it actually be good?

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
It's piggybacking on another dev's news story trying to draw eyes away from the original tweet in an attention-grab, "Hey! Look at me too!!!" kinda way.

Not the end of the world or anything, but I found it offputting.

If CDPR wants to message, "When it's ready." then do it on your own account (as noted above) not on another major dev's dime.
Have you seen Rage 2 Twitter reply thread? Sounds like you would have opinions on it.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Anthem looks like another Early Access game from big publisher dressed as GaaS game. They will probably launch it with limited content and then say we will update game regularly. Just like they did with BFV.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I had a little hope for Anthem in the few ways that it felt like Warframe. But the more I see of it the less interested I am. We'll see where it goes I guess.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. Is this the biggest changelog ever?

I feel like one of those huge Stellaris changelogs was longer, but that might have been a font thing...
Empyrion has had some hella long patch notes, I can't believe I've been playing it so long and it's still mostly fundamentally the same :P

Edit: They also like to edit in their hotfixes as part of the patch notes so they get even longer if you haven't kept up.

Status
Not open for further replies.