• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be all over this, but last time I tried to use their site they asked me to send them a photo of my id/passport with a piece of paper saying the date and time behind it lol. What is this a camsite shoutout. Nah bruh.
Lmao. Stories like these are why I only used that site recently this Xmas to buy Fallout 4 goty. Another site I use to buy games from needed a SMS confirmation before they will finalise the sale because I used paypal until they changed it recently.

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
Humble's Caffeine Bundle is pretty good, probably the best bundle they've had for quite some time. Shame that Tyranny is in the $12 tier and I have pretty much everything else.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
this is the month we could really use with IGN leaking the Monthly video, not last month damn it >_>

edit: what game is this on the art

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Humble's Caffeine Bundle is pretty good, probably the best bundle they've had for quite some time. Shame that Tyranny is in the $12 tier and I have pretty much everything else.

Headlander being pay what you want is absolutely brilliant. A must have for Metroidvania-fans.

pewpewngb5r.gif
discogbu4f.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Headlander being pay what you want is absolutely brilliant. A must have for Metroidvania-fans.

pewpewngb5r.gif
discogbu4f.gif

tbh the Metroid-style exploration aspect is pretty weak, given that the new "abilities" are limited to color-coded lasers that open color-coded doors and little more. still fun and worth playing for the writing and art direction, but it's a typical Double Fine game in that those aspects are a bigger draw than the gameplay

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Am I going crazy or is Steep base more expensive than Steep Gold Edition?

Also any impressions on Steep? I really want to play it but I'm not sure if it's any good. Will probably just buy it and refund if it's poo poo.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Yeah, I remember this one too, developer tried to offer this game as exclusive to epic games store, got explicitly rejected, but still was defending epic store - https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/c...eeds_to_stop_with_this_always_online/ecmuaxx/
L1ru77F.png

So I'm not surprised there was no launch discount, and don't expect to see any discounts either since he likes epic store policies so much. It will be interesting to read his thoughts about Steam few months later though.
that picture doesn't say they wanted it to be exclusive to the epic store, just that they tried to get it on there

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
How much did you pay? I dont see much of a reason to preorder a pc game that far in advance with so many webstores and coupon codes. It will probably be worth full price though so it was likely a safe purchase.

$46 US. Green man is usually the only place I will do that because they have big discounts.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Yeah, I remember this one too, developer tried to offer this game as exclusive to epic games store, got explicitly rejected, but still was defending epic store - https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/c...eeds_to_stop_with_this_always_online/ecmuaxx/

So I'm not surprised there was no launch discount, and don't expect to see any discounts either since he likes epic store policies so much. It will be interesting to read his thoughts about Steam few months later though.

*zzzzzzzzpp* That's the sound of my Steam wallet closing, he indeed doesn't say he wanted it to become exclusive but his other responses are giving me bad flashbacks to threads here. Says it isn't enough to be on Steam anymore but there doesn't seem to be much happening except being on Steam. A demo? Launch discount. A voucher (just now got one for this and I'm seriously interested). Pre-order with some bonus. Nope, 'plop', 'here's our game'. Some devs are making it extra difficult to support and root for them.

Am I going crazy or is Steep base more expensive than Steep Gold Edition?

Also any impressions on Steep? I really want to play it but I'm not sure if it's any good. Will probably just buy it and refund if it's poo poo.

Underrated. I played the base game shortly after release before they added more content and quite enjoyed it even then, completed everything and still spent hours just crusing down mountains. Super relaxing experience but you need the right mindset, SSX it ain't. Having some sort of connection to skiing in real life helps I guess.

Last edited:

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How much did you pay? I dont see much of a reason to preorder a pc game that far in advance with so many webstores and coupon codes. It will probably be worth full price though so it was likely a safe purchase.

Don't know about GMG but back when Voidu was new and trying to win costumers over they still did those time-limited 30% discounts stacked with their regular preorder discounts. Got RE2 Deluxe for 38€ that way back in October. Cheapest now for the Deluxe is cdkeys with 45€ I think.

Now Voidu doesn't do preorder discounts anymore and you can just apply the usual 25% codes.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Excited for Wargroove, dunno if it's a day 1 buy or not, but based on the soundtracks alone, i'm totally sold.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Close to finishing my 10th game this year for the 52 games a year challenge~

10!? I have 3. Treasure Adventure World, Iconoclasts and Feudal Alloy. Guess I need to throw in some shorter games. Actually I need to finish the games I already started. Sphinx, Prototype 2 and Voodoo Vince are over 50% complete.

Last edited:

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Is Voidu currently the best price for Kiwami? (13.49 euro)

Hm, back when Y0 launched I got it there for 10.70, I guess they're not going that low this time.

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Wargroove out next week (though not for me because exams) and Unruly Heroes out now. Together with Kingdom Hearts 3 and Metro Exodus on the horizon. Lord, give time and money.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I only played the beta but I really wanted more direction and story in the game than what I got. I don't know if they have updated it significantly though, so that criticism may not be valid anymore.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Just wanna point out that the Chaos;Child LE bundle is cheaper than the base game by itself, by 10%. Probably wasn't supposed to be that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.