• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I feel like most enthusiast/gaming level motherboards already come with heat pads for NVME/M2 drives. That should be all you need.

Also, I played the Japanese version of Punchline on PS4. It was fun. But that said don't let the staff roster fool you, it's nothing like VLR at all and by the end of it it just felt mediocre. Like 6/10 maybe.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I would be really grateful if someone were able to grab a Orn the tiny forest sprite key for me. Apparently my alienware level is not high enough.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry about the vagueness of this question but I remember a while back the go to mic reccomendation was a something like a clip on or attachable mic as opposed to one integrated into the headset or a standalone standing one. The problem is that I don't actually remember that recommendation, does anyone happen to remember what it could possibly be?

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
As a side note regarding C;C apparently the map is untranslated on PC as well

Still if they couldn't do it maybe someone will mod it

There's already a patch for Japanese PC version that brings the PS4 translation with fixes.
The team will port that to Steam version whenever that releases.

Oct 30, 2017
I am considering picking up this aspyr game bundle. I have had good luck with them in the past regarding these mac keys also giving me PC versions on Steam. I remember reading something about one of the call of duty games' mac version being locked to only mac and not Steamplay. If my memory is correct, I believe I had read that it was the only game on Steam that was like this. Can anyone tell me if call of duty 2 is that game, or more simply if this mac Steam key will allow me to play it on PC.

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry about the vagueness of this question but I remember a while back the go to mic reccomendation was a something like a clip on or attachable mic as opposed to one integrated into the headset or a standalone standing one. The problem is that I don't actually remember that recommendation, does anyone happen to remember what it could possibly be?

Maybe the Zalman ZM-MIC1 if it was about a cheap one or the ModMic if more expensive.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I haven't contradicted anything stated in the video! I'm just saying there can be a legitimate desire to decrease the temperature.

It will only throttle if the controller reaches those temperatures, as the rest of the SSD is only starting to reach optimal temps at 70C. That's the point.

Therefore it's critical that the thermal pads are ONLY on the controller.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017

People used to recommend the Zalman clip-on a while back. Then there was the Mod Mic. I haven't tried either, so I can't give a proper recommendation.

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Its kinda nuts how many people are playing Dota just because of the auto chess shit, there's already an unofficial $5000 tourney that's going to happen tommorrow. not even Aritfact had a big tourney like this. I wouldn't be surprised if Valve sweeps that failure under the carpet and just buys the auto chess and launches it as the first spinoff of Dota 2.

Nov 4, 2017
Baltimore, MD
Its kinda nuts how many people are playing Dota just because of the auto chess shit, there's already an unofficial $5000 tourney that's going to happen tommorrow. not even Aritfact had a big tourney like this. I wouldn't be surprised if Valve sweeps that failure under the carpet and just buys the auto chess and launches it as the first spinoff of Dota 2.
What is auto chess? Chess with cars?

LatscherGnu

Apr 23, 2018

Not saying Artifact is doing well, but liquipedia lists 4 $10k und 2 $7k tournaments for last year and there is a $15k tournament running right now and broadcasted on twitch.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I am considering picking up this aspyr game bundle. I have had good luck with them in the past regarding these mac keys also giving me PC versions on Steam. I remember reading something about one of the call of duty games' mac version being locked to only mac and not Steamplay. If my memory is correct, I believe I had read that it was the only game on Steam that was like this. Can anyone tell me if call of duty 2 is that game, or more simply if this mac Steam key will allow me to play it on PC.

It's the original Black Ops that has the "Mac Edition". Every other CoD game is Steamplay (where applicable).

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I could be into that.

I googled it. It appears to be a DOTA mod that is unrelated to Chess. https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/01/14/what-is-dota-auto-chess-and-why-is-everyone-playing-it
So it's turned based and hex based like chess but you have to battle to buy your pawns/knights/rooks/etc or that's how the article makes it out to be.
Interesting, but I'm sure i'd suck at it. Will look on from a distance like I do all MOBA things at this point

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Paused my monthly, so I'ma try and avoid buying stuff over the next 2 weeks :V
Thinking about it I prob. should've paused by wed/thursday but whatevs :V

Also I've started idling for 91 cards
tenor.gif

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Paused my monthly, so I'ma try and avoid buying stuff over the next 2 weeks :V
Thinking about it I prob. should've paused by wed/thursday but whatevs :V

Also I've started idling for 91 cards
tenor.gif

Disclaimer: If you dont mind selling keys, I always make money buying the bundle or I keep all the games if I want them. For example, instead of pausing, today i redeemed early unlocks. Since I already have the division and Yakuza 0, I sold both for 3 TF2 Keys each which net me $2.75CAD each on the steam market. $16.50CAD is already more than I paid for bundle so the rest of the games are free or I can sell them. Its a weird market (and maybe against steam/humble TOS to resell keys) but hey, I paid for them! (never reveal the humble key you sell the gift links)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Congrats on the free dollar.
Tsk Tsk, I ain't like you simple folks who settle for selling for 3 cents. If I can get 5 cents from selling it I'll wait for it to sell and relist until it sells.

Disclaimer: If you dont mind selling keys, I always make money buying the bundle or I keep all the games if I want them. For example, instead of pausing, today i redeemed early unlocks. Since I already have the division and Yakuza 0 but I sold both for 3 TF2 Keys each which net me $2.75CAD each on the steam market. $16.50CAD is already more than I paid for bundle so the rest of the games are free or I can sell them. Its a weird market (and maybe against steam/humble TOS to resell keys) but hey, I paid for them! (never reveal the humble key you sell the gift links)
That's an interesting way to go about it. may consider it for future bundles that have games I want.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-rise-of-chinese-games-on-steam.94371/

Made a quick thread on Chinese games on Steam. Will probably add more details later.

Gave a call out to chairmanchuck and his great steam curator too.

Cool, thanks. Its honestly astounding how many actually good games come out on Steam from chinese, HK and taiwanese devs every month now.

I mean in just one week we got Zengeon, Bloody Spell and Bright Memory.

But also a lot of games arent translated. GuJian is huge in China and the third installment was in the chinese topsellers for some days. 1+2 and the newest one arent in english.

For Chinese Paladin we only got the newest one in english.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
According to the steam forums Bully Scholarship edition is apparently finally playable without constant crashing/cpu tinkering due to a fan patch.

This is of course nearly year old news but I just found out and will continue my paused play through now.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
According to the steam forums Bully Scholarship edition is apparently finally playable without constant crashing/cpu tinkering due to a fan patch.

This is of course nearly year old news but I just found out and will continue my paused play through now.
I made a thread about the fan patch a couple of weeks aog :3

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't played RE7 so the RE2 demo was my first time using the graphical settings menu in the RE engine. I wish all games had settings like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.