• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017
New Ion Maiden trailer will be releasing tomorrow for PAX South where new content from the game will be playable.

image0.gif

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I watched John Wick Chapter 3 trailer too many times. Now i want John Wick game, prequel, doing impossible task.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Is the Logitech G502 the go-to mouse these days? My Razer Naga is falling apart.

No, imo it's the worst successful mouse released in recent years if that makes sense. Many like it but I assume it's because it gets recommended often and they just buy without trying other mice. The shape is highly questionable and it's way too heavy, I wouldn't buy anything over 100g anymore. Scroll wheel is crap too. The whole thing feels weird. For my hands there's much better stuff out there, just hard to recommend anything based on the Naga. You need all those buttons? Look at the Razer Basilisk maybe. Or the Mamba Elite. Wireless gaming mice have come a long way too in the past 1-2 years.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
No, imo it's the worst successful mouse released in recent years. The shape is questionable and it's way too heavy, I wouldn't buy anything over 100g anymore. Scroll wheel is crap too. There's so much better stuff out there, just hard to recommend anything based on the Naga. You need all those buttons?
I needed them for WoW, but I don't play it anymore. So I don't need to have an actual numpad on my mouse anymore.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
I needed them for WoW, but I don't play it anymore. So I don't need to have an actual numpad on my mouse anymore.

If you've got some time maybe watch a few videos of RJN to get a sense oh what's available.The Logitech G403 is a good one too. Deathadder (Elite, don't buy older versions) is still going strong if you have bigger hands.

Yeah, I went through two G502's with bad wheels (the second was a warranty replacement) before writing off the model completely. Each one lasted less than 3 months.

Ironically, I switched it up with a Logitech G900 that I use wireless and have been rocking it just fine since.

Imo it is bad even when it works. But then I'm very particular about my scroll wheels, I stay away from anything Zowie for that reason alone.

Last edited:

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
No, imo it's the worst successful mouse released in recent years. The shape is questionable and it's way too heavy, I wouldn't buy anything over 100g anymore. Scroll wheel is crap too. There's so much better stuff out there, just hard to recommend anything based on the Naga. You need all those buttons?

Yeah, I went through two G502's with bad wheels (the second was a warranty replacement) before writing off the model completely. Each one lasted less than 3 months.

Ironically, I switched it up with a Logitech G900 that I use wireless and have been rocking it just fine since.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
The 8400 has six cores and a reasonable turbo frequency so you're way ahead of older i5s and the 1050Ti is holding you back hard.
Yeah my old pc died much earlier than anticipated which had me pull the trigger on a $799 cad low end gaming pc just to get me back into pc gaming with the intent to upgrade the GPU, ssd, power supply & ram at a later date.

It was some great timing with the 2060 coming out after, considering how great of a price it is for such a big upgrade from the 1050 ti.

LatscherGnu

Apr 23, 2018
Wait up was gonna install in manually is there some issue with it that I should leave for now? Just wanted to try bf5 with rtx?

It should be fine, the last weeks it was mostly obscure stuff they were still fixing. The big mistake that made them hold the update completely months ago was it deleting the standard folders for documents, desktop etc with anything in them if you had set custom locations for those.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys think MK11 will launch on the Epic Store? Trying to build up my library there so I'm hoping it does.
Only struggling indies that can't get visibility on Steam because Boobzilla: Anime Tits VN Souls is taking all their sales will get on the Epic Store friend. I don't think MK 11 is quite there yet.

Maybe if people don't preorder enough to get Shao Kahn

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody knows. Write a message to them on Twitter and ask.

Unless this is a joke post. It's been too long a day for me to recognize it.
Nah, I'm being serious.
Only struggling indies that can't get visibility on Steam because Boobzilla: Anime Tits VN Souls is taking all their sales will get on the Epic Store friend. I don't think MK 11 is quite there yet.
Wat

Deleted member 3856

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao NISA got Cold Steel 3. Fuck everything. I actually kinda regret getting invested in the series now. I'd say I'm done supporting Falcom games day one but it seems it's not even an option this time. I wonder if their fuck up with Ys VIII made NISA give up on PC altogether.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
MK11 may get an Epic Store release, but I don't think it's in danger of disappearing from Steam. Pre-orders went live over a month ago now, so I imagine Epic and WB have already talked.

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018

Whats up with you and the epic store? every time someone talks shit about the epic store, you always seem to be around...
that was just a honest question, don't ban me again pls

MK11 may get an Epic Store release, but I don't think it's in danger of disappearing from Steam. Pre-orders went live over a month ago now, so I imagine Epic and WB have already talked.

Most of the other games that where money hatted also had steam pages with prices and they were pulled, I hope Valve talks to developers who's on the fence and make sure if there's a price and store page, you can't change your mind and pull it the last second, maybe fine them or pull their steamworks credentials or something, Ashen using its steam forums for support for game that might not be on steam.

Last edited:

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
BronsonLee is Tim Sweeney. That is the only logical explanation. Has anyone seen them together in the same place?

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
yeah accusing me of being a shill makes no sense and is a great way for me to just not want to bother with you

focus the conspiracy theory stuff on someone who isn't an unpaid volunteer hall monitor

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, MK aint leaving Steam for the reasons Jase stated.

Would be nice to come in here and not have a load of conspiracy theories post too, it's getting tedious.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Most of the other games that where money hatted also had steam pages with prices and they were pulled, I hope Valve talks to developers who's on the fence and make sure if there's a price and store page, you can't change your mind and pull it the last second, maybe fine them or pull their steamworks credentials or something, Ashen using its steam forums for support for game that might not be on steam.

I believe the only game that was available to purchase was The Walking Dead, which is something of a special case as Epic is funding the rest of development. Everything else (Annapurna's stuff [e.g. Ashen], Satisfactory, Super Meat Boy Forever, The Division 2, etc.) just had/has always had a store page with no subs.

Last edited:

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts 3 is also made with Unreal.

So is The Outer Worlds.

So is the new Ace Combat.

So is Code Vein

MK etc.

Epic is collecting so much money from all these devs when they sell outside of their store anyways. Is it even in their interest to wave their fees and bring them on to their store?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
5% unreal fee applies only to indies anyways, big studios are capable of negotiating better deals.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Kingdom Hearts 3 is also made with Unreal.

So is The Outer Worlds.

So is the new Ace Combat.

So is Code Vein

MK etc.

Epic is collecting so much money from all these devs when they sell outside of their store anyways. Is it even in their interest to wave their fees and bring them on to their store?

I think Epic gets like 5% off of any Unreal game, and I think their cut off Epic Store is 12%?

So they basically bet on a higher cut but I have no clue because that whole store sounds like a whirling dervish of stuff coming together last minute

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
I think Epic gets like 5% off of any Unreal game, and I think their cut off Epic Store is 12%?

So they basically bet on a higher cut but I have no clue because that whole store sounds like a whirling dervish of stuff coming together last minute

Yea I guess it makes sense for them only because its timed exclusivity. Anything they moneyhat will still release on steam later and they will continue making money off of them.

Its still seems like a risk tho. If your store isn't pushing the same weight steam is then 12% of like 50k copies is still nowhere near as big as say 5% of 500k via steam.

Almost seems like they are in it to hurt steam even if they lose money. And Valve has very little shit to give. Wonder how long they will keep that strategy when they realize that the devs could wind up being the only ones hurt in all of this. While Valve and Epic will continue being fine.

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017
Rune's coming along nicely! Should hopefully be some news soon (either more beta tests dates or a release window for Early Access).

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
There is a John Wick VR game, but it looked not that great when they played it on the Alienware stream. Basically a shooting gallery game.

Nah i want TPS with combo moves, hub based levels, choice to plan missions, Continental as your base... Yeah i have a lot of high level ideas about it in my head XD

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I figured it would launch on steam but I want it in my epic games launcher library
You mean because you hoped it would launch for free? I kinda doubt Epic has the kind of money to convince the dev to give away a 60$ game. Essentially as it would destroy any long term sales value, outside of DLC. Epic would basically need to pay them the development costs + expected profit.

Unless it's just about wanting to use a different launcher, which is kinda hard to understand as Epic Launcher is pretty bare bones. I guess it's nice if you like lots of empty space.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno why they wouldn't/couldn't put it on both.

The arguments about visibility would evaporate, but other than that.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
You mean because you hoped it would launch for free? I kinda doubt Epic has the kind of money to convince the dev to give away a 60$ game. Essentially as it would destroy any long term sales value, outside of DLC. Epic would basically need to pay them the development costs + expected profit.

Unless it's just about wanting to use a different launcher, which is kinda hard to understand as Epic Launcher is pretty bare bones. I guess it's nice if you like lots of empty space.
I want to have a big library on epic launcher! Become the JaseC of it if you will! Hehe 😜 the launcher has caused me 0 problems so I don't mind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.