• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I don't think I'm gonna take Kyoto by 1580 everyone. I know, I'm as upset as you all are. My first TW: Shogun 2 campaign will end in...a shameful display.

Also, I couldn't get X-Mouse Button Control to work with the game either.

But at least Brexit got delayed until July. Yay.

Also, I'm loving the images of Subnautica appearing on my Steam feed today, can't wait to play that one day. One day...

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
6 DAYS LEFT...

UmkBhI8.png

Read the rules in post 2 first and send MRORANGE a PM to ask for a link to the Google form.

t1547942400z0.png

The categories for voting:
  • Game of the Year Award
  • DLC of the Year (Optional)
  • Early Access of the Year (Optional)
  • Turd of the Year (Optional)

- Deadline: Sunday 20th January at 00:00 GMT / 19th January at 19:00 EST

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

I fully expect the 88/12 split to be lowered once the honeymoon period is over (i.e. as the initial distribution agreements begin to expire come December). The fact that Epic is charging key reselleresque payment processing fees make it abundantly clear that said split isn't viewed as a long-term policy.

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
With Claire in the spotlight again I just realized I still haven't played Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Been waiting for it drop below 50%

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I fully expect the 88/12 split to be lowered once the honeymoon period is over (i.e. as the initial distribution agreements begin to expire come December). The fact that Epic is charging key reselleresque payment processing fees make it abundantly clear that said split isn't viewed as a long-term policy.

Maybe not but it is obvious that they will go for minimum features so they don't raise the costs of running store.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something a bit wholesome for a change:

Linux users showing their support for Feral Interactive by baking penguin cookies for them.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's nice, guess I won't have to use that trainer after all. Guess I'm just not PC Cowboy enough for that.
Oh, freezing the game, not the timer I misread.
Someone did find a way to lock the game timer with cheat engine. I added it to my table.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FVPLz5I_zfR4iPHvcrnWxBwd6gLodfcM

Click on "enable game cheats" and then "lock game timer." The box next to them, that is. Or, press F5 and then F6 (verify that they are checked in the table to confirm they are working).

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Going through old uploads on my YT account, there's some funny gems I forgot I ever recorded.

Dark Souls III summed up in 30 seconds.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to finish AC Odyssey, Yakuza 0 and Rise of the TR this week

Not too shabby

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Wow, didnt realize LEGO Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit have been delisted (well the store pages are still there but you cant buy copies anymore lol)

No wonder they gave them for free on Humble Store.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
KM4IVdQ.png

what's with monster hunter reviews being so negative on release

was it a denuvo thing or some shit?

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
If you're in that Google Project Stream beta, you only have a few more days to get that hour in.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
wtf did i even play this year that qualifies for goty vote

Granblue consumed me for like half an year

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Capcom was super slow patching MHW so I'm not surprised that the reviews never really recovered. The port still has problems. At launch the connection issues were real, but those at least are mostly fixed.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Also MHW PC version is still behind events and DLCs compared to console versions as far as i know.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Finished Edith Finch in one go besides having to handle a quick mod thing and laundry

God that game has the juice

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
MH World is selling 2-5 million on PC, and Capcom still won't bother to put enough resources to make PC version catch up with consoles. Despicable.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
I mean...

If they just dumped all of the events at once it would kind of suck in the perspective of playing them since you get to enjoy them when they slowly come out. Although that's just my take on it but then again I did just pick up a MH title for the 3DS and you could Download all of the events/etc at once so yeah. Dunno I did sort of like the idea of going back into stuff later as a means to go back to playing but whatever. (Yes I understand the concept that they're behind as well)

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Well good luck with some of these

Discovery will mainly take place outside of the store. Galyonkin draws parallels to a book store or theater, where you usually know what you're going to buy/attend before going there rather than look through what's available. Primarily new/featured releases are shown on the storefront.

This one is really surprising to me because the primary argument against a curated store is that the majority of discovery should happen outside the platform. And yet, Epic is currently opting both for a heavily curated store and a focus on having the marketing happen off store.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Just got to the Harfest in Night in the Woods. This game is too real man, its painful. But also great.

Going to work with Bea was the funniest thing I've seen in a while, I was in tears of laughter.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Just realized how it was another great year for Metroidvanias. 3 of my top 5 were in the genre! (it helps its my favorite genre)

edit. Also of note. I just realized Guacmelee 2 added DLC and achievements so it took away my 100% completion. I hate when devs do this! Cant they put the achievements under the DLC game?

Status
Not open for further replies.