• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Annoyingly, I may have had this if I'd read the instructions on the image decoder website properly. I didn't realise the image had to be saved on your PC for the tool to work, which cost me about 20 seconds.

If it is of any consolation, I tried to redeem the key like 8 seconds after the announcement and it was already gone.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
gee, thanks for fucking up my historical low trackers with prices that almost certainly don't actually exist

I thought the same thing after I posted that excited gif, lol. Looks like their site is still down, they should sell everything for 10p on principle now.

What principle? Who knows, I just want TW: Rome II DLC for 10p!

EDIT: I have a random question everyone: do you use Windows Gamebar? I'm thinking of using it to record footage of my Total War replays. There's a little disclaimer in the settings saying it may impact game performance. What have you all experienced when using Gamebar? Is it fine?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even bother trying cuz I doubt that would even work on mobile, let alone be able to type it fast enough :D

Supposedly 2 were added last week but when I went to check like a day after they were already sold out (Splasher and Post Human W.A.R.)

Nah those were added week before, new one's this friday.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Do you use boarding? Game changer with 2 mantis, or 1 mantis and a rockman.

I did a boarding run last night with 1 Mantis and 1 Rockman that I picked up in events

It was the most OP ship I've EVER had with that + Clone Bay + Hacking and everything maxed out

I STILL lost to the Rebel Flagship because I forgot that if you ice everybody on the ship it turns AI

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to know exactly when the post came up, but I had Check4Change setup for 2 seconds.
HRQ6vpy.png

Annoyingly, I may have had this if I'd read the instructions on the image decoder website properly. I didn't realise the image had to be saved on your PC for the tool to work, which cost me about 20 seconds.
That's why you always try everything out before it happens! Almost got fucked on that too.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Will we find out about these new cards at CES today? Is it being streamed?

I am currently in the middle of upgrading my set up and am looking to maybe build a new PC soon. I kept reading it is best to wait until after CES and see how it affects current prices on parts before making the purchase. Is this a good idea?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Demo on PC? Hopefully they don't forget to Denuvo it :P (I think RE7 Demo had Denuvo too)
Would be really funny if they forget to use Denuvo for the demo, thus giving everyone a really simple way of removing it from the actual main game (double points if they then patched the demo regularly as well)

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did a boarding run last night with 1 Mantis and 1 Rockman that I picked up in events

It was the most OP ship I've EVER had with that + Clone Bay + Hacking and everything maxed out

I STILL lost to the Rebel Flagship because I forgot that if you ice everybody on the ship it turns AI
Yeah, some people leave 1 enemy alive for that reason. Usually the guy on his own in the laser weapon room. There are also other tips, like you jumping into the ship's location during the second phase instead of waiting for it. That way you can jump back to a safe spot at the beginning of the fight and take care of the boarders first.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Will we find out about these new cards at CES today? Is it being streamed?

I am currently in the middle of upgrading my set up and am looking to maybe build a new PC soon. I kept reading it is best to wait until after CES and see how it affects current prices on parts before making the purchase. Is this a good idea?

Depends on your budget. All signs point to AMD's upcoming phase of cards being mid-range (i.e. ~2060 at best).

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, some people leave 1 enemy alive for that reason. Usually the guy on his own in the laser weapon room. There are also other tips, like you jumping into the ship's location during the second phase instead of waiting for it. That way you can jump back to a safe spot at the beginning of the fight and take care of the boarders first.

I need complete global saturation

I will ice the hell outta this Flagship with zero mercy, I don't want another barely scrape by win

I WANT A DRUBBING

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Agree on almost everything. Have beaten hard mode with roughly half of the type A-ships+Red Tail&DA SR-12. However, I must have done at least 30 attempts with Gila Monster, reached the flagship three times but still failed, even with a priori very good loadouts. Must have been extra sloppy due to being a bit tired.
I think FTL has got rng just right to give it's longevity. On hard one must indeed adapt to the hand dealt asap. Remains to be seen if it will be my most played game also 2019.
Have awaited the 1.0 release of Slay the Spire and hope to give it a go soon as it is often compared with FTL.
Slay the Spire is a lot more forgiving than FTL and no matter what the outcome of a run is you are always learning something new. Whether it be deck building strategies, relic/item synergies or just a new way to tackle enemies, there is always something you can take away from a run regardless of if you do win it.

It is one of the best things about the game, just a endless stream of little moments that open your eyes to how the game can be played. Really is an amazing game and my GOTY, you won't be disappointed by it I am sure.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Aren't there already digital key sellers that have both PC and console keys to sell? Or was digital always restricted to PC only? If it's the latter, then Sweeney has a point.

Amazon comes to mind. Sweeney's thought process here seems to be: Fortnite being a big success + Sony finally acquiescing on cross-platform MP = digital stores selling console keys.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on your budget. All signs point to AMD's upcoming phase of cards being mid-range (i.e. ~2060 at best).

Still trying to decide on my budget, but I am thinking around the 1200 dollar range. I just bought two 144hz monitors (1080p), so I dont need a 4k upgrade right away, but it would be nice to plan for the future with my next PC build.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
GMG has been selling Nintendo games for some time now.
But digital storefronts for consoles aren't generally common (nor worthwhile in terms of prices)

Amazon at least sells keys for everything (expect Epic Games Store).
There's even middle companies like Exertis Ztorm and Genba that let smaller storefronts do "API-stores" and sell PC and/or Console games easily.

Consoles and other platforms (including PC platforms like GoG) are much different because they don't allow keys to be generated for sale purposes.

Toast

Oct 28, 2017

On the flagship I use boarding on the misiles while I destroy the beam(the one that does hull damage/fire) with my ship. I dont let them go to the other rooms since the enemies can then go to the med bay and recover.

After taking the troublesome weapons down, I just alternate between the shields and any weapon parts that are still working.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
TFW you have more options from where to buy digital Nintendo games than Epic Store exclusives :thunk:

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
On the flagship I use boarding on the misiles while I destroy the beam(the one that does hull damage/fire) with my ship. I dont let them go to the other rooms since the enemies can then go to the med bay and recover.

After taking the troublesome weapons down, I just alternate between the shields and any weapon parts that are still working.

Yeah I dun goofed and got into a clone loop there

I know the pathway to a dominating victory now and I MUST HAVE IT

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Yep a third party store selling digital games at the exact same price of the official digital store with no usually applicable store-wide discount is ground fucking breaking.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
People know that the switch is region free right? So you could buy games from humble with no problem.

Played a little of hollow knight on steam to see how it runs with my card (950m). Surprisingly good I should say :D

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
People know that the switch is region free right? So you could buy games from humble with no problem.

Played a little of hollow knight on steam to see how it runs with my card (950m). Surprisingly good I should say :D
But what self-respecting European Switch user is going to active American keys on his device. Ugh, the thought alone is dreadful.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Ready for that Humble Nintendo bundle today?
Tier 1: 60$ for 1 game
Tier 2: 180$ for 3 games
Tier 3: 300$ for 5 games + 1 month of Nintendo online

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I finished all missions in Katamari Damacy and still have 1 card drop left.
Steam should give us an option to instant redeem all card drops.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I finished all missions in Katamari Damacy and still have 1 card drop left.
Steam should give us an option to instant redeem all card drops.
Yes they should do that for all games so I no longer have to idle 1000 games.

Now that I think about it, it is probably related to refunds as you start getting cards at the 2 Hour mark. Maybe they should just give you all trading cards at 3hours.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Games Republic is back....and they don't even have Total War games. So all those historical price drops weren't even for games they sell!?

gjEf02J.gif

I wish you could filter out stores from the gg.deal site.
Or maybe they delisted them?

edit: yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fanatical now shows prices in my local currency. I feel like Steam is setting up new additional currencies now. It'd be hilarious if after the currency change, it's just conversion from USD to local instead of proper regional pricing.
THough I can't tell which would be worse for me 😒

Last edited:

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Or maybe they delisted them?

edit: yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fanatical now shows prices in my local currency. I feel like Steam is setting up new additional currencies now. It'd be hilarious if after the currency change, it's just conversion from USD to local instead of proper regional pricing.
THough I can't tell which would be worse for me 😒

I find a lot of the time Canadian prices are worse than if I just payed american price + exchange rate. Oh well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.