• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019

In case any of you are lvl 30 in that site.

I'm level 2 so no SF5 for me

BotLvCh.png

Thanks for this! Haven't used Alienware Arena in years since maxing out the Dell Rewards at Lvl 25. Not quite 30 yet.

"*Keep a lookout for more keys to come next week and for lower ARP levels!" -- so there's still hope for next week.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone is wondering what early access for Luna on amazon actually means if you haven't got invited to it, it just gives you the privilege of buying the controller and subscribing to the service with a 7 day free trial

So yeah you aren't missing anything, I haven't bothered doing shit with it. I don't want to spend that much on a controller, and try waste time on stadia purple edition

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Random question: for anyone with the DMC, Mega Man, MMX, and Zero/ZX collections on Steam, are each game contained in their separate executable inside of the folder?

I think this is the case for DMC HD based on how the free Amazon Prime version is set up, but I'm curious for the other versions so I can have less things to worry about emulator wise.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Random question: for anyone with the DMC, Mega Man, MMX, and Zero/ZX collections on Steam, are each game contained in their separate executable inside of the folder?

I think this is the case for DMC HD based on how the free Amazon Prime version is set up, but I'm curious for the other versions so I can have less things to worry about emulator wise.
I've got both the original Megaman legacy collections, and they only have one executable each.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017

For MMLC1 all the data is collected in a single file called data.pie, and MMLC2 has a folder of 16 data files. I don't have the Zero collections or DMC.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused.
I own the Sega Mega drive + Genesis collection. I've only dabbled a bit in it so far, playing some Golden Axe (and still being terrible at it, all those years later).
But I own the whole collection!

So why does Steam keep telling me to "complete my collection" with a bundle purchase? I'm on the store page that says "over 50 classic games" and it says "owned" .

Stop trying to get me to re-buy these games separately, Valve. I don't want to clutter my library anymore.
There are some Genny games which are sold on Steam but not the part of the most recent bundle release due to various copyright reassignments and whatnot (and thus not present at all in console versions).

I've just visited S3&K DLC page and I can't add the bundles from there to cart because I own everything included. What do you see there?

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Just finished The Room 4: Old Sins, had to use one hint. Pretty much everything I hoped for. Really, really good! Imho, they could even ask for a bit more money for these games.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
How do I get rid this grain effect on guns and hair in MW?

Looks like dithered ambient occlusion. They might rely on temporal anti-aliasing to clean it up. Have no experience with the game but especially for hair, TAA or raw resolution is how games clean up hair.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I did the mould mission in Control last night and ended up turning immortality on. Don't think I'm turning it off. I enjoy large parts of this game but the combat is getting kinda stupid now.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018

Yeah, it seems all the Mega Man games all have one shared executable, while the Devil May Cry HD Collection has separate executables:

7l8k6j75h45g3kdkzi.png

steamdb.info

hifumi Content · DepotID: 631511

Steam Database record for depot hifumi Content (DepotID or AppID: 631511)

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
We are so close to being able to play our switch games at modern resolutions without too many issues via the 2 emulators. By the time I can actually fucking buy a 3080 in 2022 going to be amazing.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
uh so I bought a 5800 + 3070 with a 240Hz panel but I don't own any modern games (~5 years) other than a few indie titles like Monster Train and Skul (both highly recommended), so any recommendations? I'm not interested in anything that's already on PS5/Switch because I'd rather play on those systems than on PC. I took a look at DLSS titles and nothing really interested me there. Mostly like AAA action, JRPGs, strategy stuff, etc. Not much love for shooters and really dislike WRPGs.

Flight Simulator interests me but I think I'd rather get a stick for that + Ace Combat

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
uh so I bought a 5800 + 3070 with a 240Hz panel but I don't own any modern games (~5 years) other than a few indie titles like Monster Train and Skul (both highly recommended), so any recommendations? I'm not interested in anything that's already on PS5/Switch because I'd rather play on those systems than on PC. I took a look at DLSS titles and nothing really interested me there. Mostly like AAA action, JRPGs, strategy stuff, etc. Not much love for shooters and really dislike WRPGs.

Flight Simulator interests me but I think I'd rather get a stick for that + Ace Combat

Do you mean by PS5, PS4 also?

I'd start with Game Pass and play some of Microsoft's games.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm suddenly in mood for "Dumb and bland modern RPG"
You know kill stuff, loot, move to next cutscene

So fallout 4 or the latest 2 bioware game (Andromeda and DA:I)

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

DAI is the best game there but it's also not really a loot game. You'll end up crafting anything that's decent usually.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Do you mean by PS5, PS4 also?

I'd start with Game Pass and play some of Microsoft's games.
Yeah I'd prefer to play PS4 games on PS5 too

Not super interested in any Microsoft exclusives - wish I did, I'd love an excuse to buy a Series X - except maybe Forza Horizon 4 and Gears Tactics if they're good? Anything else on Game Pass worth subscribing for?

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'd prefer to play PS4 games on PS5 too

Not super interested in any Microsoft exclusives - wish I did, I'd love an excuse to buy a Series X - except maybe Forza Horizon 4 and Gears Tactics if they're good? Anything else on Game Pass worth subscribing for?

I'd try out Gears 5 either way just to check out what your PC can do, or at least the DLC they just released, which is only a few hours long.

The Medium just came out but runs kinda like shit.

Tell my Why was solid

Deep Rock Galactic is a great game but I'd only play on Game Pass if you have Xbox friends/ other friends getting game pass. Its PC game pass version is only co-op with Xbox, not the steam version.

Right now Ultimate Game Pass is only 1 dollar for 3 months so its probably worth it even if you only play 1 or 2 games for an hour.

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017

I know you are only interested in the exclusives, but with the system you have give control a go. Basic version is on gamepass. With the system you have you should be able to get it close to stunning as possible. I would love to try the
ashtray maze
with all those effects. I absolutely loved the core game (dlc not so much).

another one to test the graphics out is minecraft on gamepass. Meant to be a good showcase fro Rtx effects.

Not immediately, maybe after a few patches and a discount or 2, grab Cyberpunk. Another game that should be able to show off your hardware. Plus it doesn't quite have the same issues as the console versions.

The first 2 will only set you back a dollar with the gamepass deal.

I would also consider looking at a total war game. Warhammer 2 or 3 kingdoms would be your best shot as they are the most recent. They look great when you have 2 armies clashing with thousands of characters on the screen at the same time. Plus in the steam sale at the moment.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Right now Ultimate Game Pass is only 1 dollar for 3 months
Well at that price I can hardly say no can I? I don't care about modding or anything like that so Windows Store games shouldn't be any issue for me right?

I know you are only interested in the exclusives, but with the system you have give control a go. Basic version is on gamepass. With the system you have you should be able to get it close to stunning as possible. I would love to try the
ashtray maze
with all those effects. I absolutely loved the core game (dlc not so much).

another one to test the graphics out is minecraft on gamepass. Meant to be a good showcase fro Rtx effects.

Not immediately, maybe after a few patches and a discount or 2, grab Cyberpunk. Another game that should be able to show off your hardware. Plus it doesn't quite have the same issues as the console versions.

The first 2 will only set you back a dollar with the gamepass deal.

I would also consider looking at a total war game. Warhammer 2 or 3 kingdoms would be your best shot as they are the most recent. They look great when you have 2 armies clashing with thousands of characters on the screen at the same time. Plus in the steam sale at the moment.
I guess I could try Control out just to test out RTX and DLSS because I'm curious to see the result. It'd be fun comparing it on PC 1080/HFR vs PC 4K/60 vs PS5. Minecraft confuses the hell out of me, I think I'm too old for it lol. Not interested in CDPR games either after they burned me with Gwent and Thronebreaker.

The Total War thing sounds cool though, I like the idea of massive armies clashing.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget to get your free sticker on Steam today. I just happened to check out the point shop earlier or I would have completely missed it.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017

Give Gujian 3 a look. I've been playing it recently and have been constantly wowed by it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017

Anyone playing? Can't find anything about it here, seems to fly under the radar. I might try this later because it has none of the pay 2 win bullshit it seems.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Well at that price I can hardly say no can I? I don't care about modding or anything like that so Windows Store games shouldn't be any issue for me right?

I guess I could try Control out just to test out RTX and DLSS because I'm curious to see the result. It'd be fun comparing it on PC 1080/HFR vs PC 4K/60 vs PS5. Minecraft confuses the hell out of me, I think I'm too old for it lol. Not interested in CDPR games either after they burned me with Gwent and Thronebreaker.

The Total War thing sounds cool though, I like the idea of massive armies clashing.
Load up on Live Gold first. Getting GPU for a dollar upgrades existing sub to GPU. It's the cheapest way to get up to 3 years.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
It's probably happened before, but this is the first time I remember looking at Steam and seeing all 100 most played games into 5-digits.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished The Room 4: Old Sins, had to use one hint. Pretty much everything I hoped for. Really, really good! Imho, they could even ask for a bit more money for these games.

They certainly do on the VR versions.

I was scratching my head when I saw the brand new Room 4 for 8.99 and the original Room VR was still 29.99.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't limit yourself to AAA. You'll miss out. I mean, games like Disco Elysium are not AAA. In fact, AAA studios cannot make games like that even if they wanted to.

Oh I meant AAA in a different sense then, whoops.

I played and considered disco Elysium to be AAA, lol.

I just want good crpgs

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017

As someone who managed to put in 150hrs before even noticing I'd say go with F4. On the PC, with a handful of mods you can make the game more engaging even without doing survival mode. BGS managed to make a somewhat competent playing game and the base building stuff is surprisingly addicting even if its kinda shallow so you dont need a ton of mods to fix shit, just stuff that tweaks what is already there to make it better.

The gameplay loop is solid if you're also willing to engage with the base building/settlement stuff but you dont need to if you just want to run around and kill shit. Alternatively you can skip settlement building and go straight to making you own killer robot companions if you have the automatron DLC.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
q8V6Slx.png

Finished the Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC, Jaws of Hakkon.

This was really good, certainly the best non critical quest area in the game. As I said last month, it's the most coherent single area in the game, with a solid main quest that leads you all over the area, which has a surprising level of verticality and different climates, along with side quests that feed into that main quest. It's a good set up, only a shame that it doesn't really feed into the overall quest. It was slightly too combat heavy for my tastes, especially given how surprisingly tough it was. But yeah, good stuff overall.

Next off The Descent I guess!

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely the worst of the three IMO. But it's also mostly combat, so you should actually be able to clear it fairly quickly, and then it's off to the ending and Trespasser (will be interesting to see your final opinion of the game).

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta

Total War: Warhammer
Halo Wars 2
Gears Tactics
Way of the Samurai 3 / 4
Yakuza series

I think most of these are on game pass, if not the Steam sale is currently going on.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I have played 44 hours of Factorio since I bought it on Monday this week.

Do I need help or do I keep expanding?

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
q8V6Slx.png

Finished the Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC, Jaws of Hakkon.

This was really good, certainly the best non critical quest area in the game. As I said last month, it's the most coherent single area in the game, with a solid main quest that leads you all over the area, which has a surprising level of verticality and different climates, along with side quests that feed into that main quest. It's a good set up, only a shame that it doesn't really feed into the overall quest. It was slightly too combat heavy for my tastes, especially given how surprisingly tough it was. But yeah, good stuff overall.

I wanted to get back into Inquisition, but I started it back up recently and realized I have no idea what is going on! I've forgotten most of the main plot points and have no idea what to do. Is there a good source on how to catch up on the story without having to restart?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Load up on Live Gold first. Getting GPU for a dollar upgrades existing sub to GPU. It's the cheapest way to get up to 3 years.
Hmmm that seems like too much of an investment. I don't want to spend on three years of Gold for a service I might barely ever use. I still plan on actively playing on Switch/PS5.

Total War: Warhammer
Halo Wars 2
Gears Tactics
Way of the Samurai 3 / 4
Yakuza series

I think most of these are on game pass, if not the Steam sale is currently going on.
That stuff all seems cool, except Yakuza, I already own all of those heh

Status
Not open for further replies.