• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom arts seems like the most impenetrable shit ever,
Anime crap + JRPG crap + modern Disney crap = a convergence of 3 completely alien worlds that scare and confuse this old man brain .
I once saw Giantbomb stream KH and it put me to sleep. From then on I figured this game wasnt for me.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Paid $47 for Mafia: Definitive on GMG yesterday and it's $17 on Humble this morning.

...and it's not even good.

ggKIvDm.gif

I can't look at this scene anymore without thinking 'Real Human Being'

What a film though.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I don't disagree, but like Axiom Verge was clearly going to make the bulk of its money on Switch anyway, and I'd wager a decent handful of other EGS games like Goose game. The store might suck ass, but a lot of these devs are still signed to mid tier publishers that manage to get into like Nintendo Directs.

Yeah but those are like handful of devs per year that get to be featured on Directs. My point is that they willingly risk a lot to achieve their ambitions and then often use that as excuse for various things. As i said i really wouldn't be able to live life like that.

BTW go and buy it

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
They better put trainers and speed ups in those KH games. Hard to play a JRPG without them.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Well, for some reason I got excited for the sales, but I already knew that there won't be much I am willing to spend money on so I left disappointed. But I found two more games that I've never heard about that look super cool. Still EA unfortunately:

EDIT: Fuck that Mafia humble deal is tempting.

Jun 13, 2018
Well, for some reason I got excited for the sales, but I already knew that there won't be much I am willing to spend money on so I left disappointed. But I found two more games that I've never heard about that look super cool. Still EA unfortunately:

EDIT: Fuck that Mafia humble deal is tempting.

hrot is fucking incredible! still only the first episode available though. but man, what a nice game.

Geez, I'm still whiny because of Spiritfarer. ;____;
Guess I'm going to grab Yoshi's Wooly World for my 3DS as the cutsy substitute. Got a big amazon gift card from my workplace recently anyway.

fucking seconds of gameplay teaser. please be good

Husbando of the year.

I didn't even know that the Strong Bad game was back on Steam to purchase, & now it's on sale for $2.99. Which is the cheapest price its ever been. (At least, as far as I know)

Only ever played Ep 1. Humour is solid, but gameplay more meh. I'm not really a fan of Telltale. :/
Still better than Back to the Future, though. First ep was so bad, I uninstalled everything as soon as I had finished it. ^^

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Booted up Little Nightmares II last night. Not long in to it I noticed it was quite warm in the room and my led on the processor was red.
Turns out the back fan wasn't working at all. I couldn't see as one of my monitors is just covering it from view where I sit.
After some fiddling around with different connections I got it working and dropped my GPU and CPU temps down 20ºC

Whoops. Almost had an excuse for a new build lol

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Going to skip the sale. I just bought Shadowbringers and 13 Sentinels. Don't feel like spending any more.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
My plan was to buy Forza Horizon 4. Otherwise, Mario and BD2 make February hella expensive on the Switch side.

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
Tempted to get Wasteland 3, how punishing is the game?

Id rather not min/max on a first playthrough and just kinda do whatever.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tempted to get Wasteland 3, how punishing is the game?

Id rather not min/max on a first playthrough and just kinda do whatever.

It's fine, and in fact might be too easy at times. Does start a little hard but you'll quickly get a lot of tools to use.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have an issue with Hollow Knight just suddenly not responding to controls randomly? It sounds like a controller issue but no other game has had this problem that I've tried recently.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have an issue with Hollow Knight just suddenly not responding to controls randomly? It sounds like a controller issue but no other game has had this problem that I've tried recently.

Yes, I had the same issue. The game would constantly miss my jump inputs.

It is fixed by disabling the in game Vsync.

This is the only game I've ever seen where Vsync causes input loss. I would have never figured it out if I didn't find the solution by googling.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I had the same issue. The game would constantly miss my jump inputs.

It is fixed by disabling the in game Vsync.

This is the only game I've ever seen where Vsync causes input loss. I would have never figured it out if I didn't find the solution by googling.
You know, I did google this but couldn't find the solution. Thank you!

romey

Mar 2, 2020
Remember to take out the CMOS battery to clear your BIOS when you replace your CPU. Sometimes the motherboard freaks out when it detects a new CP. None of the guides on Youtube mentions this to me. Tried booting up my PC after replacing the CPU and it kept booting up on and off. Scared the crap out of me.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I did google this but couldn't find the solution. Thank you!

Sorry, I meant to say "a lot of googling". If I remember correctly I came across the solution buried in a comment thread on some gaming website after searching for a few hours about missed inputs in the game.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I meant to say "a lot of googling". If I remember correctly I came across the solution buried in a comment thread on some gaming website after searching for a few hours about missed inputs in the game.
hmm. my specific problem was it would actually just stop registering any inputs for 3-4 seconds. just played for a bit and it seems the vsync fix worked, for now at least.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
$17 for Borderlands 3 Ultimate is a steal (discount applied). Most likely a price mistake going on at Humble Bundle.

www.humblebundle.com

The Humble Store: Great games. Fantastic prices. Support charity.

Use of this product requires agreement to the following third party end user license agreement: http://www.take2games.com/eula/ Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition is the quintessential Borderlands 3 experience, featuring the award-winning base game plus all 6 content add-ons and the full collection...
Thanks for this! Price is back to 44€, glad I managed to get two copies. Price mistakes are so rare these days.

Spyro Trilogy for $14 seems like a pretty good deal. I haven't played them since I was a kid, are they pretty short?

Surprised Spyro is on sale but not Crash. Wanted to take advantage of the bundle deal but it looks like they alternate them for that reason.
I did 100% the Spyro trilogy and they were still pretty short, they're great remakes and I found their length perfect.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Has anyone figured out a way to wake Windows 10 from sleep using a Xbox controller? (Connected via USB Wireless Adapter.)

I'd love to be able to wake my pc from sleep right into big picture mode if possible.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Anyways I finally got to finish Blood Omen. One way I can describe it to the cool kids is that it is 'Gothic Legend of Zelda'. It is a game of its time but I like the idea and concepts behind the level design and its light puzzle elements. The journey was nice but I felt like a variety of story bits could've been explained better, especially if one comes from Soul Reaver to this game.
There is potentiel for a remake that adds in a variety of QOL improvements but as is it is a solid action adventure game that has some great voice acting, music and an interesting setting
VAE VICTIS
Awesome. I love that game so much still.

Played it a bit recently and it mostly holds up despite being obviously dated in many ways. The slow movement speed is the worst part of it haha.

What do you wanna know about the story? I'm an LoK nerd and can probably recite a bunch of lore by heart :P

Haha, nice!

Genesis games were among the first things I ever bought on Steam. I was always more of a console gamer... >.>

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
In short if you have no preference for a time period try to pick either warhammer 2 (lots of content, cooler battles) or three kingdoms (better campaign mechanics, char/roleplay focused). If you have a big preference pick what you like with the caveat that the mechanics might be more limited.

This is an excellent post and really helped me, thanks.

I'm interested in trying Total War either warhammer or 3K. It is likely I'll dip into it with a friend in co-op campaign. Is there any suggestions or recommendations on either of these? My friend and I are fairly comfortable with RTS and turn based games though this will be our first total war co-op experience. Are there any limitations for co-op campaigns in either of these?
One concern for me is significant wait time.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone figured out a way to wake Windows 10 from sleep using a Xbox controller? (Connected via USB Wireless Adapter.)

I'd love to be able to wake my pc from sleep right into big picture mode if possible.
Theoretically because I never tried this: Check in device manager in the properties of the controller under power management if the box "can wake pc" is checked. You also need to make sure that the dongle is still on power while in sleep mode. Might also be an option in the device manager. Like I said I didn't try it for myself and don't have that dongle.

Status
Not open for further replies.