• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
second month in a row I'm pausing for Humble Choice

it's not *bad*, there's just not much of interest to me personally

I plan to pause and then forget about it until it's too late most of the time lol. Probably why I've been subbed to Netflix for years despite barely using it.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Medieval II had some of the most insane mods, IIRC. So it's probably worth a look for that alone.
While mods for medieval 2 are indeed great!!! the problem is that the game itself suffers from a lot of "old" age game design. From bad pathfinding, extremely sticky units and cavalry charges that are very hard to do without having to go quite far. The AI is also very poor usually suiciding their general and their cavalry into spears and other issues. They also bug out with relatively easy, specially in siege maps.

IMO the tolerance for those issues vary greatly person by person. I find it hard to heavily recommend a game that is dependent on the player tolerance to the game not working well because of its age. Also new games usually respect the player's time better. medieval 2 building every building in every conquer settlement is incredibly time wasting.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any games that combine the automation loop of Dyson sphere and the money making component of something like stardew? I love automating but I also love making money!

someone help!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
zulux21 Thanks for the Humble links.

I think I'll be in this month for Valkyria and Valfaris. That soundtrack in Valfaris, "savage" indeed, as the game page says. Some of the others look decent, but realistically I'll never have time for them. I've already completed Trine 4 and I'd recommend it to anyone who liked 1 or 2. A very good month overall.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
So KT/TN screwed the pooch on the keyboard/mouse in Nioh 2, despite hyping it in the pre-release materials and on the Steam page?

Awesome, glad I waited.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
So KT/TN screwed the pooch on the keyboard/mouse in Nioh 2, despite hyping it in the pre-release materials and on the Steam page?

Awesome, glad I waited.
I've not had the chance to try it out myself yet, but is it any worse than the first or just the same? At least they're planning on adding keyboard & mouse button prompts in a future update.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
ffs, since the new patch fifa 21 just doesn't launch, it'll open origin and launch the fifa launcher but pressing play does nothing

EDIT: Reinstalling Origin fixed it

Last edited:

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
Great games in that Humble Bundle, if I buy the 10€ special offer can I cancel the subscription to only get this month?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

What madness is this

unknown.png

Powerful.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone know of Nioh 2 has any HUD options on PC, ie, ways to get rid of floating health bars etc? On PS4 I didn't like the UI at all, found it too busy

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
OK, I've seemingly hit my limit in what I could do to fix an issue I've been having with my Index VR headset I thought I'd take a shot at seeing if anyone here can shed some light on what I could do to fix it.

Basically, my Index stopped working randomly one day and SteamVR couldn't recognize it being plugged into my PC. I tried doing the usual troubleshooting like power cycling, reinstalling SteamVR, update drivers, using different USB ports, switching display ports, etc but nothing seemed to fix it. I figured it must be a SteamVR driver issue so I used SteamVR to uninstall all its drivers and followed the instructions on Steam's help page to reinstall the drivers.

And this is where my issue is leaving me clueless. Windows will not install the drivers at all. It makes the sound that a device is being plugged in but it never goes further than that. Ok, I thought maybe something has gone wrong with Windows so I did a clean install. I wiped everything and started fresh. Still, the drivers will not install. I figured I'd try the headset on my brother's computer to rule out any issues with either the wires or hardware. Of course, it couldn't be that simple. His computer immediately recognizes the device and begins to install the drivers. After a few minutes, it notifies me the Valve Index is ready for use and SteamVR is able to see the headset with no problem.

I'm just at a complete loss as to why my computer would have no issues whatsoever installing the drivers back when I first set up the device in the summer to suddenly being unable to even download the drivers necessary to get it to work. I've contacted Steam support but they haven't been helpful as they keep having me do things I've already done and I'm pretty sure they are automated messages as they never mention anything I've written.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get Windows to install these damn drivers?

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
if you guys like metroidvanias and have game pass try touhou luna nights. it's a game that wasn't on my radar at all but i saw it in the library so i checked it out. it doesn't play nice with high refresh rates so i just set my monitor to 60fps and it works fine after.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Forgot to post last month, there were my pickups:
Started getting into watches again:

JdZWIqk.jpg

Picked up the Astro Mini arcade stick, great for retro gaming!

ux38cCs.jpg

Also picked up the Megadrive Classic, finally completed the trifecta collection!

XZ1TjeY.jpg

00bpcDa.jpg

I also built my first mechanical keyboard!

mdXPYKr.jpg

5mhTbf0.jpg

4Q0BLm2.jpg

I am working on another keyboard but waiting for parts, will post pics when complete!

VTdBluk.jpg

KAyacKE.jpg

I also picked up a new lens for my camera, Viltrox 85mm F1.8, was not able to use it outside but it's great for product shots!

42GQqJW.jpg

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
OK, I've seemingly hit my limit in what I could do to fix an issue I've been having with my Index VR headset I thought I'd take a shot at seeing if anyone here can shed some light on what I could do to fix it.

Basically, my Index stopped working randomly one day and SteamVR couldn't recognize it being plugged into my PC. I tried doing the usual troubleshooting like power cycling, reinstalling SteamVR, update drivers, using different USB ports, switching display ports, etc but nothing seemed to fix it. I figured it must be a SteamVR driver issue so I used SteamVR to uninstall all its drivers and followed the instructions on Steam's help page to reinstall the drivers.

And this is where my issue is leaving me clueless. Windows will not install the drivers at all. It makes the sound that a device is being plugged in but it never goes further than that. Ok, I thought maybe something has gone wrong with Windows so I did a clean install. I wiped everything and started fresh. Still, the drivers will not install. I figured I'd try the headset on my brother's computer to rule out any issues with either the wires or hardware. Of course, it couldn't be that simple. His computer immediately recognizes the device and begins to install the drivers. After a few minutes, it notifies me the Valve Index is ready for use and SteamVR is able to see the headset with no problem.

I'm just at a complete loss as to why my computer would have no issues whatsoever installing the drivers back when I first set up the device in the summer to suddenly being unable to even download the drivers necessary to get it to work. I've contacted Steam support but they haven't been helpful as they keep having me do things I've already done and I'm pretty sure they are automated messages as they never mention anything I've written.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get Windows to install these damn drivers?

Did you try deleting the device from Device Manager for starters? Might force Windows to restart the process.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Me looking at the new ffxiv expansion and realising I'm probably not reaching out this year.

*Sigh*

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
Idolm@ster got announced on Steam for a May release. Its only available for sale in Japan. If I wanted to buy it for my steam account, what are my options?

Gift copy from a friend? VPN with a new steam account? Buy game on a new account through VPN - then Steam library share?

Does anyone know which of the above would work and whats the best way to do it?

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Idolm@ster got announced on Steam for a May release. Its only available for sale in Japan. If I wanted to buy it for my steam account, what are my options?

Gift copy from a friend? VPN with a new steam account? Buy game on a new account through VPN - then Steam library share?

Does anyone know which of the above would work and whats the best way to do it?

Gift copy wont work. VPN wont work that well as you need a local payment method so you would need to ask someone from East Asia to buy it for you while giving him your Steam account.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I wonder how many people they'll catch out by moving that date forward a few days. Someone who goes to Pause it just before the last Friday of the month may find it's too late.
yeah if they had waited a month they would have had one where the last tuesday is actually after the last friday, giving people a few days extra

moving a few days forward seems... not great

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Brand Spankin' New Xbox controller today. Won't connect to bluetooth. Didn't come with any USB-C cables to connect it for wired use/updates. But if I go back to SCP Driver, everything works fine. GG MS you've been outplayed by an 11 year old DualShock 3 and some github software that hasn't been updated in years.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Controller pairs with phone. Phone pairs with PC. Controller does not pair with PC.
😱
EDIT: OMG I DID IT PRAISE JESUS
For future reference: when uninstalling your bluetooth devices, you should probably also check the box that uninstalls the drivers for them too.

Last edited:

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Thinking about either buying Fall Guys or Valheim.

More inclined to Fall Guys. Want an easy to get into and make a quick match or two, multiplayer game.

Is it still worth it or did the momentum died?

Any other suggestions?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about either buying Fall Guys or Valheim.

More inclined to Fall Guys. Want an easy to get into and make a quick match or two, multiplayer game.

Is it still worth it or did the momentum died?

Any other suggestions?

Deep Rock Galactic

Valheim is not a quick thing, it's definetly oriented toward longer sessions, and more oriented toward playing with a specific friend group. Fall Guys if you want quick multiplayer fix for a match or two.

DRG also has quick matchmaking and decent length runs. Just got a content update the other day too

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Deep Rock Galactic

Valheim is not a quick thing, it's definetly oriented toward longer sessions, and more oriented toward playing with a specific friend group. Fall Guys if you want quick multiplayer fix for a match or two.

DRG also has quick matchmaking and decent length runs. Just got a content update the other day too

Tried DRG some months ago. While I can understand why so many people liked it, it didn't grab me as I though it would. Maybe I will try it again since it had some content updates.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Got to another system at 3 light years in Dyson Sphere. Yep, this is gonna be the Early Access game of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.