• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020

Well good for them for taking Epic money i guess. At this point developers/publisher are basically robbing Epic.

Epic Game Store is good, actually.

In actuality, it's also better than Steam.

The actual amount of crow that the naysayers now have to eat due to these two facts are immeasurable at this point.

Edit: I like that word. Actually.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020

I read the novella.

It's... bad, imho.

But hey, I'll play the sequel when it comes out.

Just remarking that Roadside Picnic hasn't aged well but it's got great ideas that could be used as a setting.

Edit: Which is why I'm kinda excited for a sequel; I could never play the original game due to it being old or something.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody wants to make a thread about the Steam Festival? I am way too lazy for that

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Epic Game Store is good, actually.

In actuality, it's also better than Steam.

The actual amount of crow that the naysayers now have to eat due to these two facts are immeasurable at this point.

Edit: I like that word. Actually.

Just because they give you free games doesn't make the store better. It doesn't even have a cart, the most basic of things a store could offer.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Can we keep the EGS vs Steam bollocks the fuck out of this thread? I come here to get away from that shit.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the last Borderlands 3 DLC. Put over 80 hours into that game, it was truly great. So much better than the other games.

Tried For The King with a friend. Nice cooperative digital boardgame.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
I finally dipped into Darkest Dungeon for about 6 hours after years of it sitting into my library. I think I would've really enjoyed this back in 2016, but playing it now it feels pretty outdated and like I've outgrown the design concepts here. It doubles down on a lot of what tactical strategy designers have somewhat gotten away from in recent years - treating units as a disposable resource, lots of randomness - huge damage ranges and percentage chances galore, trial and error via information obfuscation, etc.. I think what the real killer is though is that I'm not really finding it super engaging or tense at all - years of playing rougelites and ironman-esque modes since this came out have effectively made permadeath or permanent loss of resources not exciting to me on its own, and yet I feel like that is kind of what the game is banking on.

Also holy shit I cannot imagine trying to play this as a 80-100 hour campaign or whatever it was initially/not on Radiant mode. The amount of classes and depth there is impressive but not even remotely close enough to warrant that playtime from what I've played and read.

I'm interested in seeing what they do with the sequel though.

Last edited:

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Is XCOM 1 worth playing for someone with over 200 hours in XCOM 2? Got the itch but want something new-to-me
Definitely. Has some neat gameplay stuff that didn't fully transfer over to the second one, and the community tends to acknowledge that the A.I. is more engaging in XCOM EU.

If you're looking for something even fresher though I recommend Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children, which I still sadly haven't got around to playing but I've heard great things and expect to really like it.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
After what happened to 2077 im pretty sure that for now, companies will delay their games to avoid having a messy release.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Is XCOM 1 worth playing for someone with over 200 hours in XCOM 2? Got the itch but want something new-to-me

I liked it considerably more than the second game myself. Enemy Within (I think 1 + the DLC) was awesome. You could try the Long War mod as well with the base game.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a hardware modification OT? I've been wondering if I can get a cheap battery pack/charger for my controller and swap out the cells with some Eneloops, or maybe that'd burn my house down idk.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
craving a loot timewaster... might grab BL3 super deluxe while it's on sale on steam

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
qWShCgH.gif

Nov 1, 2017
Finally played through Resident Evil 3 remake yesterday and today. Short game, as expected, but I came away satisfied overall as someone with no real point of reference for the original. Beautiful game that shines in ultrawide. Now I want to go back and finally finish the original before moving on to Code Veronica.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm looking to get into Total War as a complete novice to RTS genre and the franchise. Which one should I start with?

I don't care if it's Warhammer or any of the historical ones.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Anybody getting in on the Pathfinder: WoTR beta? This is probably my most anticipated game at this point, more so than even BG:3 which I'm sure I'll love.

Eraser_Arcade

Oct 25, 2017

I really enjoyed the Squadron 51 demo. (love the 50's sci-fi B-movies aesthetic that the game has going on) I just wish the game had an option for english voice acting. It was kinda hard to read what was going on, while also dogging incoming enemy attacks.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I'm looking to get into Total War as a complete novice to RTS genre and the franchise. Which one should I start with?

I don't care if it's Warhammer or any of the historical ones.
Either Three Kingdoms or Warhammer 2, but I'm leaning toward the former since, imo, it has a better tutorial and some quality of life stuff.

karnage10 would have a more comprehensive explanation and recommendation though.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I've not done it myself but I honestly would not recommend it. The worst thing about Xcom1 is the pace of combat which was greatly increased in Xcom 2 thanks to the concealment mechanic and the way they designed the levels.

I suggest looking into modding Xcom2 if you need the same fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.