• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
It depends on how much Nioh you crave I guess? Like, Nioh 2 just kind of improves on every aspect, honestly. At the same time, it's often called Nioh 1.5 in that it's essentially the same overall game but with more levels, more enemies, more weapons, etc. but with a few new mechanics and various QoL improvements.

If you were getting fatigued by 1, I would say just skip ahead and jump straight into 2. If you had a blast with 1, and do plan on playing 2 regardless, then just finish it normally.

Sod it, I'll jump straight into 2. I enjoyed Nioh but I just fell off it, I'm too impatient to struggle to get back into it now. Thanks for the info!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to replay it

Also, if I buy the basic ffxiv on Steam do I get the starter edition where I don't need to sub?

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
Would have bought ME at full price if it wasn't for Origin. Hope they change their minds before it releases.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
neat, I'll replay ME trilogy during the summer during holidays when I have the time to enjoy it!

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Is there controller support? $70 is bloody insane (especially considering I already own the originals on Steam + Origin), but I can see myself getting it on sale down the road.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
news.xbox.com

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Final Fantasy XII, Project Winter, Jurassic World Evolution, and More - Xbox Wire

Welcome back to your bi-monthly installment of, “What Am I Going to Play Next with Xbox Game Pass?” featuring games about friends, games you can play with your friends, games about deceiving your friends, and more. Let’s get to it! Coming Soon Ghost of a Tale (PC) ID@Xbox – February 4Ghost of a...

ff12 the zodiac age is coming to game pass on both console and pc on 11 february!!

other games coming to pc this month include project winter, the falconeer, and ghost of a tale

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Dang, completely missed this thread as I didn't realize it was a new month. That Comet 64 game looks pretty rad, but it will be a quiet month for me again. I'm working through some Hardspace Shipbreaker which I'm really enjoying. I'm a bit bummed that MLB The Show 21 is only going to be on Xbox; I was hopeful the announcement that it was going multi-platform meant it would also come to PC. Maybe next year.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
100% Paint it Back

Incredible game. Everyone into Picross should buy it.

image.png

28 hours played in 5 days. I guess I need a break from Picross, lol.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
I game share on Xbox with a friend that is a Mass Effect crazy, so I assume I'll play it there for free. February is quiet though...

Been wanting to play Disco Elysium, but have been holding out for the update in March. I'm going to give The Medium a chance since I have Game Pass and Warzone will help keep me busy until then.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Two completely different questions:

For anyone who goes around trying different card games, F2P or otherwise, have you tried Mythgard? I have a friend who's been pestering me to try it and I give it a spin, which I did for about an hour. Presentation-wise it's pretty impressive. Tutorial battles showcase an interesting system. Question is if it's worth continuing? Especially if at some point dropping money would make sense.

I have never tried a single Spiderweb CRPG and there's a ridiculous amount of them. What should a total beginner in the futuristic year of 2021 look into? One of the Avadon games?

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the Mass Effect games, but they're not games I feel super compelled to replay.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
They are re-releasing dem ME games to prepare the terrain for a new game. Theres a lot of people that never got to play them and has been 10 years so yeah (if we dont count Andromeda, heh)

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I just bought Mass Effect 3 last year, if I knew we'd be getting a remake so soon I'd have waited.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Hopefully they confirm the chemical composition of Tali's sweat this time round.

That or fix ME3's plot. Either works.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't impressed with the reveal. The animations haven't been changed at all.

And it's still UE3, even with a few shader updates and increased texture resolution. So it's not like there even could be some massive improvement.

They included the trashy comic DLC (even though the games are supposed to transition seamlessly now). Predictably, though, Pinnacle Station isn't included.

Hard pass, though it was unlikely I would ever return to the series anyway. Hopefully it lets other people experience the series if they want, but I don't think it's a good buy at $60 for anybody who has already played.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Definitely absolutely excited about this!
Never played ME, always wanted to, but was always hesitant because of how much they have poorly aged since release. But this remaster will be the perfect occasion for me to dive deep into everything Mass Effect (and probably fall in love with the whole franchise like I totally expect I will).

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I've played ME2 and 3; I don't know if I have any desire to replay them but I have EA Play Pro so I'll install the collection to play ME1.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Nioh 2 keys are available on CDKeys for anyone who preordered. Can't wait for friday!

Nice, thanks. I was planning on getting the game on Friday anyway, but had not actually found any deals yet when I previously checked the usual suspects. Just picked up a key.

Bundle discount for ME3 owners, I suppose that's more than I thought they would offer.

I'm assuming that only applies to the Steam version, and not the Origin version like a great many have.

This summer huh, very nice.

Cool. One of the more anticipated games for me until BG3 hits in 2029. I still need to finish Kingmaker too. Got really damn far, then they released an update that broke a ton of useful mods, so I stopped.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
I had this game on my wishlist for a bit, but just randomly now noticed Richard Garfield involvement.
More interested now 🤔, and it seems like a demo coming soon.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Replaying persona 5 now (never played royal) in preparation for strikers on steam.
Playing a P5 title at 60 fps/4k native is going to be fun, even if it isn't the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.