• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

98tT02E.png

Comet 64
- Uzzy - Out 5th February

Comet 64 is a programming puzzle game. The year is 1984. All you got is a Comet 64 home computer and the operator's manual it came with. Read the documentation, learn how to operate and programme the machine, and compare your solutions to puzzles to your friends. Very Zachtronics.

Curse of the Dead Gods
- Uzzy - Out of Early Access 23rd February

Curse of the Dead Gods is a Roguelike in which you seek untold riches, eternal life, divine powers - it leads to this accursed temple, a seemingly-infinite labyrinth of bottomless pits, deadly traps, and monsters.

Little Nightmares 2
- Oinone - Out 10th February

Six and her yellow raincoat are back, but not alone: She's accompanied by little boy Mono, who tries to unravel the mystery behind the strange Signal Tower, that may also be linked to Six fading from this world.
A dangerous adventure lies ahead of them, darker and scarier than ever before. Our little heroes need to work together, if they want to make it out of there alive, while they sneak and jump'n'run their way past hideous and creepy creatures. And this time, they'll also be able to fight back against the monstrosities in certain ways.
Although it might look like it on first glance, co-op is not supported. You control both characters alone. No one is there to help you. And no one will hear you scream...

Lost Angel
- Uzzy - Out 10th February

Lost Angel is the first feature-length interactive FMV(full motion video) made in Korea. We invite you to the dangerous journey of influencer Alex, who is on a trip to Korea!!

Alex falls into the midst of a dangerous conspiracy due to an unexpected encounter. Without knowing the reason, Alex is threatened with his life and has encounters with many strangers.

Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition
- Uzzy - Out 5th February

A 'masocore' Action RPG, from Koei Tecmo Games, Nioh 2 builds on the original's brutal combat systems and this time allows you to create your own character as you battle across Sengoku Era Japan, fighting fearsome yokai.

NUTS
- Uzzy - Out 4th February

As a field researcher, you're tasked with exploring Melmost Forest and discovering where the squirrels keep their nuts. Place your equipment around the forest to track them and uncover their nesting places, how they travel around the area, and find out why they're acting so.. strangely.

Persona 5 Strikers
- Uzzy - Out 23rd February

Well, we kept asking for Persona on Steam. And here it is, in musuo form! Join the Phantom Thieves and strike back against the corruption overtaking cities across Japan. A summer vacation with close friends takes a sudden turn as a distorted reality emerges; reveal the truth and redeem the hearts of those imprisoned at the centre of the crisis!

All the cast Persona 5 cast are back, as well as new characters introduced. Sadly Morgana hasn't been thrown in a sack then the river, but at least the rest of the cast is here to make up for that.

The Room 4: Old Sins
- Mugen - Out 11th February

Despite not being talked about a lot, possibly due to it's mobile roots, The Room-series have established itself among the top puzzle games on PC. With all three previous mainline entries, and VR-spinoff Dark Matter, sitting at a "Overwhelmingly Positive" rating on Steam. In Old Sins, our main character will be searching for a couple that disappeared under mysterious circumstances, subsequently setting us up for a hunt for a strange artifact. As usual, we should expect a multitude of highly complicated and beautifully crafted puzzles, waiting to be solved within spooky old rooms. The tension and ambiance is a particular staple for the Room games, evoking aspects of both Myst and Resident Evil. Room 1-3 had a duration of just 3-6 hours, and Old Sins seems to fit in the middle of that interval, so this will be one to savour.

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood
- Uzzy - Out 4th February on EGS

In this action-adventure game, you are Cahal, a powerful Garou who chose to go into exile after losing control of his destructive rage. You can transform into a wolf and a Crinos, a huge ferocious beast. You must master the three forms and powers of human, wolf and Crinos to punish those who defile Gaia, Mother Earth. But your worst enemy is yourself: if you don't contain your rage, it can destroy you once again.
Each form has its advantages: the wolf can sneak around undetected, Cahal as a human can interact with other people, and the Werewolf can unleash its rage to tear enemies apart. This rage is your greatest asset but also your weakness.
On his quest for redemption and blood, Cahal plays a crucial role in the great war between the Garou and Endron, a powerful oil company that serves the Wyrm, a destructive spirit ravaging the planet.

gK65o0a.png

Fallout 2
- z1ggy

Because why not? It has been almost 23 years since its release, one of the best RPGs ever and back in the day it was accused of being an anarchist propaganda.

Players returning to the wasteland this month:
JIfmoDo.png

The Room
- Mugen

Get the Protégé achievement by getting through the game that marked the start of the great puzzle series on PC. Bonus points if you do it with a disabled hint system. Despite an already low full price tag, The Room is frequently discounted and does not take more than an evening or two to get through.

Players with the Protégé achievement:
JBQhvDh.png

The Steam Game Festival: February 2021 Edition is coming soon! Play the newest demos on upcoming games on Steam -- before they are even released! Watch the trailer for a sneak peak at what developers around the world will be sharing, and prepare to join in from February 3 until February 9. Find out more here.

GxAoYEU.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales. There's a dedicated thread for that!
  • NO ANIME/J-ROCK/POP. :(
  • Maybe try not to drive posters away for sharing their thoughts on video games, alright? If you're not wanting to purchase a game for any reason, and someone discusses it in entirely unrelated terms, you don't necessarily have to tell them that you're not going to purchase it for that reason. I know that's something I could do better myself. That's not to say you can't discuss that reason, of course, you just don't have to every time someone mentions a game in an unrelated context.

LfFWMTH.png

Xv7uIjB.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Gonna be doing a lot of Game Pass this month. Hoping to beat Gears 5, Hivebusters DLC, The Medium and Control there.

Also, I've been pretty hooked to Paint It Back on Steam. Amazing Picross game. I freaking love Picross now. Any other recommendations on Steam?

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the Yakuza Collection yesterday and it's soooooo good seeing almost the entire Kiryu collection in my Steam library. Now the wait for 6 and the collection will be complete. Started 3 last night and its gonna be a bit to get use to the feel of the game.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to starting the month with a 3070 finally tomorrow. Can't wait for Nioh 2 and we'll see on Persona Musou.

Vaporak

Banned
Jan 30, 2018
I'm getting Nioh2 this month but that's it for me for a while; I've built up a backlog that I need to take care of.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Got Nioh 2 and Persona 5 Strikers Deluxe preordered. So definitely an exciting month for me. Looking into getting Little Nightmares 2 down the line.

Also I have the monthly challenge done.
caacb7a8a5.png

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5: Strikers (nice picture selection for that one btw) and Nioh 2 for me this month.

Completely forgot about The Room series though. Remember playing the first two on my iPad when they came out, might have to revisit them plus the ones since.

Dec 25, 2018
Hoping to make a bit more progress (if not wrap up) Jedi Fallen Order this month, got sidetracked with Gamepass and the Destiny 2 Expansion last month.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Plugging along with FFXIV. This beginning feels very slow pace even sticking with main plot and job missions. I don't mind, it's teaching me a lot.

Just stopped don't pirates from blowing up a ship (main quest) and stopped a kid from getting eaten by jackals (LVL 20 Marauder).

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Plugging along with FFXIV. This beginning feels very slow pace even sticking with main plot and job missions. I don't mind, it's teaching me a lot.

Just stopped don't pirates from blowing up a ship (main quest) and stopped a kid from getting eaten by jackals (LVL 20 Marauder).
ARR is definitely a slow burn but it really is worth it

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Hey - quick question. I have a Corsair m65 mouse i think it is. All of a sudden when i press left click, it double clicks. It's really annoying and affects nearly all my usage on pc. Is this something I can fix in Windows or should I just go to best buy about it? Been using the mouse since April 2020. Will they take the return? How does that work when it's inside a year?

GeezyAF

Oct 28, 2017
Really like the art chosen for the P5S section. Really looking forward to playing the game and the game making its way to PC.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
It's heresy, is what it is.

It's just me being overly pedantic; for some reason they're using a different title format for the sequel (replaced the colon with a hyphen and added a definite article to "Complete Edition") which means the sequel shows up in the wrong order in the library UI. 😡

So as you can see it ruins my library immersion and general well being.

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017
It's heresy, is what it is.

It's just me being overly pedantic; for some reason they're using a different title format for the sequel (replaced the colon with a hyphen and added a definite article to "Complete Edition") which means the sequel shows up in the wrong order in the library UI. 😡

So as you can see it ruins my library immersion and general well being.
Even if they kept the colon the sequel would still be on top since spaces get listed ahead of colons, your hopes were forfeit from the start

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was pretty burnt out by the end of Persona 5 so dont know if I wanna revisit that world. Might if the port is decent.

Am gonna get suckered into Nioh 2 though, hopefully it's a little less barebones of a port. Everything else this month looks a bit meh, one of the slowest months in years for me, outside of quick launches of indie games which are hard to predict sometimes.

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017
Was pretty burnt out by the end of Persona 5 so dont know if I wanna revisit that world. Might if the port is decent.

Am gonna get suckered into Nioh 2 though, hopefully it's a little less barebones of a port. Everything else this month looks a bit meh, one of the slowest months in years for me, outside of quick launches of indie games which are hard to predict sometimes.
What do you consider to be "barebones"?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Even if they kept the colon the sequel would still be on top since spaces get listed ahead of colons, your hopes were forfeit from the start
No need to rub it in. 😫

But yeah, it's a fairly common occurrence, so they do have the ability to properly order them in cases like these.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i'm looking back at my computer parts purchases and i guess i lucked out with my GPU even though at the time i felt bad

i got a 1070 in june 2016, right around launch. unfortunately, it broke right after the 3-year warranty period was over, in october 2019. i didn't feel like playing on my old r9 280x until the 30 series release, so i went ahead and bought a 2080 super for $630 USD in november 2019.

just under a year later, the rtx 30 series was announced and they looked like a massive leap in bang for buck -- a far greater advancement than from gtx 10 series to rtx 20 series. i was thinking, maybe i should have been more patient. however, as everyone now knows, there has been a severe shortage, and even 2000 series GPUs are hot these days. here's a search on ebay for sold 2080S cards: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2080+super&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1. people are still paying over $600 for these cards, used. it's nuts.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
i'm looking back at my computer parts purchases and i guess i lucked out with my GPU even though at the time i felt bad

i got a 1070 in june 2016, right around launch. unfortunately, it broke right after the 3-year warranty period was over, in october 2019. i didn't feel like playing on my old r9 280x until the 30 series release, so i went ahead and bought a 2080 super for $630 USD in november 2019.

just under a year later, the rtx 30 series was announced and they looked like a massive leap in bang for buck -- a far greater advancement than from gtx 10 series to rtx 20 series. i was thinking, maybe i should have been more patient. however, as everyone now knows, there has been a severe shortage, and even 2000 series GPUs are hot these days. here's a search on ebay for sold 2080S cards: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2080+super&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1. people are still paying over $600 for these cards, used. it's nuts.
Speaking of the 30 series and shortages, I finally just cancelled my order for my 3080. I ordered mine within the first hour of it going on sale here in Aus and still all these months later the ETA on when stock will be available for the card I ordered is sitting at Q2 at the earliest. At this point I'mma just rely on my 1080ti until whatever release comes next whether that's a Ti/Super or the 4000 series.

Hey - quick question. I have a Corsair m65 mouse i think it is. All of a sudden when i press left click, it double clicks. It's really annoying and affects nearly all my usage on pc. Is this something I can fix in Windows or should I just go to best buy about it? Been using the mouse since April 2020. Will they take the return? How does that work when it's inside a year?
Have you tried factory resetting the mouse, and reinstalling the firmware? Otherwise, you'll want to contact support for an RMA, Corsairs support tends to be decent. If you really want to try everything first you can (gently) clean the contacts.

Saying that though, I personally would warn people off of buying Corsair peripherals, at least their mice. Above almost every other brand of peripherals they're the ones I've seen and heard about the most problems with. They seem to be made incredibly cheaply, and not at all to last - though that may have changed over the past year or so - YMMV.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in for some Nioh 2 and Persona 5 Strikers. Decent month for PC gaming for sure.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
Anyone here play ESO? i had it in my backlog for a while and might start it next week but i hear the next expansion will add new stuff like companions, so should i start it or wait? or it won't make a difference for the base game?

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone here play ESO? i had it in my backlog for a while and might start it next week but i hear the next expansion will add new stuff like companions, so should i start it or wait? or it won't make a difference for the base game?
I too just downloaded it last night to see how the game is (last played mid-2019) after the latest announcements from the devs.

What sucks is that my ping to NA is 340, so now I either have to restart on EU, or keep playing NA but probably not take endgame seriously.

Oct 26, 2017
My 3080 finally arrived a week ago, so I've finally been able to play some Control! I'm still pretty early on, but I'm really liking it so far.

It's also pretty wild to play Red Dead 2 at 4K60.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
I too just downloaded it last night to see how the game is (last played mid-2019) after the latest announcements from the devs.

What sucks is that my ping to NA is 340, so now I either have to restart on EU, or keep playing NA but probably not take endgame seriously.
Count me also in the just redownloaded ESO camp - I haven't played since Morrowind released. Sadly being from where I am, no server I play on has great ping - both due to physics, and due to Akamai (I'm assuming there's been no significant improvements to how they're routing our traffic since I last played).
Saying that though if anyone wants to get together and play I was thinking about making a new toon sometime this week or next.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Just Mario for me if some indie doesn't catch my attention. Maybe check out some stuff in the game festival thing.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Absolutely immense work. Blood Gulch in Dark Souls is exactly what was missing.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Since 30XX is the only new release I'm buying this month, I demand that it be added to the list!

Unless it turns out it sucks, then I'll probably cry and get Nioh 2.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I had no idea The Room game was coming to PC this month, I'm definitely getting that.

Will most likely play Little Nightmares 2 at Halloween so will wait on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.