• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why are so many people on my Steam activity list starting so many games for the 'first time'? Is this to influence that new Play Next feature?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Why are so many people on my Steam activity list starting so many games for the 'first time'? Is this to influence that new Play Next feature?
And it is all thanks to me.

Edit: its a joke. But if it is tge same people playing many games for the same time, it might be that they are farming cards.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Feel like playing a tower defense game or something like that...anyone have any highlights or recommendations?
I listed a bunch recently here:

www.resetera.com

PC Gaming ERA | February 2020 - Tonight, imma fight, till my combo comes out right

My wife bought me the shifter add-on for my Logitech wheel. Now American Truck Simulator is even better. It took me a minute to figure out why my truck kept turning off. I was stalling it in first gear. Any other good driving games to play with the shifter? I was thinking about Project CARS 2...

Oct 25, 2017
Pixeljunk monsters kinda revived my interest in tower defense games years ago when it first came out, but if I play it today it just seems so so so mediocre. I have not played the sequel though.

Orcs must die and 2 are good

Xmorph seems good, thanks Thekeats for that give away

I have played defense grid, it is solid, probably one of the better traditional ones

And I cannot recommend anomaly, shit was boring af. Okay, it was simply mediocre.

Others:
Sanctum and sanctum 2 are alright, FPS/tower hybrid
revenge of the titans, been a while since i played this but I remember it being more difficult

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am glad Gamepass has a few EA games like World of Horror and Scourgebringer but I really don't see getting invested in them. I'll use it to try them out and see if I like it, but the idea of being subbed to game pass for 2+ years for the 1.0 release just works against me wanting to invest more time and money.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I am glad Gamepass has a few EA games like World of Horror and Scourgebringer but I really don't see getting invested in them. I'll use it to try them out and see if I like it, but the idea of being subbed to game pass for 2+ years for the 1.0 release just works against me wanting to invest more time and money.

or you can just
buy the game even if you have gamepass
crazy i know

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
What do you think the words "Try it out to see if I like it" meant?
"but the idea of being subbed to game pass for 2+ years for the 1.0 release just works against me wanting to invest more time and money "
i don't see how the time you spend on the subscription is relevant, it's all. if you like it, you can buy it. it would be a different story if you couldn't and it was a sub exclusive, but it isn't.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Some good YouTube videos for you.

One of my favourite channels that covers WW2 in real time finally did a collaboration with Hearts of Iron IV, looking at the plausibility (or otherwise) of some of the alternate histories that game allows. First up we go ¡No pasarán! and kill Generalissimo Francisco Franco early, ruining one of the best SNL gags ever.

Also, Capcom are finally taking teaching people fighting games somewhat seriously, and have started a series starting at the basics of fighting game terminology. Better late than never!

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

One of my favourite channels that covers WW2 in real time finally did a collaboration with Hearts of Iron IV, looking at the plausibility (or otherwise) of some of the alternate histories that game allows. First up we go ¡No pasarán! and kill Generalissimo Francisco Franco early, ruining one of the best SNL gags ever.

The channel is one of the best ones (and they worked on the fabulous World War 1 youtube and the inbetween wars that is still ongoing). However I have some issues with that entire alternate history take, although I understand that they were trying to simulate a possible HoI4 playthrough:

-I agree with his reasoning on how the coup is stopped and is quite solid, also teh reactions from the Populr Front government makes sense
-I do not agree with the communists gaining power in a bloodless coup even with Soviet support, mainly because the most important part of the growth of the party during the war was the USSR support making them look like the only party that could solve things, and even then they were not the biggest party on the Popular front (just the most powerful), and that drive wouldnt happen if the civil war ended early. I could see another revolution of 1934 style uprising but that would also lead to a short civil war where most of Europe would support the democrats only to avoid a communist state).
-I do not agree with the Portuguese war. Yes, portuguese army back then were bad and stretched thin, but so would be the spoanish army post purge and during the time where the communist Spanish government would be trying to make itself stable.
-I do not agree that even if a portuguese war happened, Spain woudl be able to control portugal without heavy revolts. Yes, there is some "iberian federalist" sentiment, but it is mainly on a democratic side, and all big parts of portugal would not be happy over being in an Communist Spain led- Iberian federation. It would be Napoleon in Spain 2.0, draining the already poor Spain resources thin, making it weaker.
-UK wouldnt lose their fleet in the mediterraneum that easily. Also forgot to add that France fleet would join them 100% if there is no Vichy .

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I can do you an electro remix cover.

Ok but this slaps though.

w75wwYp.gif

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if modding GTAIV will be easier now or if you still have to go back to an older version. I really want to try some of those graphic updates.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I wonder if modding GTAIV will be easier now or if you still have to go back to an older version. I really want to try some of those graphic updates.
Guarantee you'll still need to downgrade.

Especially if you want the restored music.
It's anyone's guess at this point, but a lot of mods required GFWL to be modded out with XLiveLess, so I guess that part is out of the picture at least.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I finished up Youngblood, including a fairly substantial post game mission that turned out to be an update they released as a free patch.

Unless you are looking for some co-op shooting it's kind of hard to really recommend the game. It's just sort of there. The weapons are fine, I guess. The enemies are nothing special. A lot of fairly spongy enemies in tight areas. Lots of back and forth fast travel. Some occasional quirks to the boss fights but nothing special.

The story is kind of weird in that it pretty much skips like 16 years since new colossus. But on the bright side you probably won't need to play this game before a Wolf 3.

But I got the achievement for finishing all the (pre patch) missions so 🤷‍♂️

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Wolcen build is really coming together, feels good. Shredded the last few bosses and found a perfect weapon. Whole build is built around converting all my damage to bleed damage and then leeching life off it.

Jun 2, 2019
Got invited to the Halo MCC flight test. Well, since MS won't invite me to the Flight Simulator alpha, this will do

I really REALLY want to get invited to the Flight Simulator alpha T^T

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
I finished up Youngblood, including a fairly substantial post game mission that turned out to be an update they released as a free patch.

Unless you are looking for some co-op shooting it's kind of hard to really recommend the game. It's just sort of there. The weapons are fine, I guess. The enemies are nothing special. A lot of fairly spongy enemies in tight areas. Lots of back and forth fast travel. Some occasional quirks to the boss fights but nothing special.

The story is kind of weird in that it pretty much skips like 16 years since new colossus. But on the bright side you probably won't need to play this game before a Wolf 3.

But I got the achievement for finishing all the (pre patch) missions so 🤷‍♂️

100% The most disappointing game for me last year, the prior 2 games are just about my favourite in the last few years and Youngblood is no where near that quality.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017

Is this The Great Wars YT channel people? I didn't even know they started doing a WW2 series. I was hoping they would do it for ages >.<

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder when they will announce next-gen delay. Also things are not looking good for new Nvidia cards either.

Status
Not open for further replies.