• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I wanted to finish Bayonetta on PC but i am really not a fan of washed out colors and that yellow filter. Does anyone know is there a way to improve the colors of the game? Thanks

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
1091500_20201212130406_1.png

She's finally mine!

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
So, I just watched the Prince of Persia 2008 epilogue as well as the NDS game and...

giphy.gif

What a whole lot of fucking nothing!
So in the DLC Elika is rightfully angry at the prince and it goes a bit back and forth between them. Cool, cool. That figures. But that's it? Then it just ends there, with a much more cliffhanger, than the main game ever had? Wtf?!
For sure the NDS game will fix this, right? Or it is just another meaningleass story, that doesn't even include Elika and has nothing of value to add again, and just ends with anothet "to be continued" again.

Fun Fact: Since I started playing the game, I had a pretty clear scene of the prince in my head, that he would leave the land alone in the end, through the sandstorm, and out of the blue, suddenly is lost donkey comes across.
I thought, that would be an alternate ending or the DLC or whatever, I had seen once. But it doesn't exist at all. I have no idea how it manifested in my head, where it comes from or with what I might mix this up. But now it kinda haunts me. XD
Welp, whatever.

Yeah, I watched it on YouTube and didn't care for the Epilogue. I thought the main ending was perfect. When I destroyed the first tree and started to see Ahriman corrupt the land again, I quit the game. That was my ending. As hard as it was not to bring Elika back, I could not repeat her father's mistake.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the original PoP 2008 ending was fine and didnt need the DLC. Honestly the backlash seemed to be mostly just because it wasn't a happy ending.

what stakes are there in cp77's open world? You can literally start shooting civilians, a few cops with the dumbest AI will spawn out of thin air, then you have an incredibly awkward fight or chase with them for a minute at most and then it's back to like nothing has happened. The wanted system is so incredibly primitive a barebones as well that there is absolutely no fun to be had with it. There is no thrills, no actual consequences. It's like a mechanic that's at the very beginning stages of implementation.

CP77's open world stuff is just poor and feels tacked on. It's way outclassed by its peers. Watch Dogs legion, a game I didn't even like in the end had done all of this much better.

Like I said, I haven't played CP2077 yet. My point was more that GTA isn't a high mark for any of that stuff either. Yes, they have huge worlds with lots of stuff in it, but outside of maybe the driving none of those things are all that fun. And there's very little stakes in the sense that dying means nothing and there aren't any interesting choices to make.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
I wanted to finish Bayonetta on PC but i am really not a fan of washed out colors and that yellow filter. Does anyone know is there a way to improve the colors of the game? Thanks
ReShade helps a lot. There's user-made presents online, but you best bet is doing it yourself -- I remember using the 'colourful' option, and something else... helped cut through the greyness of Bayo1.

You can also mod in Bayo2's costume, if that interests you.

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said, I haven't played CP2077 yet. My point was more that GTA isn't a high mark for any of that stuff either. Yes, they have huge worlds with lots of stuff in it, but outside of maybe the driving none of those things are all that fun. And there's very little stakes in the sense that dying means nothing and there aren't any interesting choices to make.
Right? The idea that GTA has stakes is completely alien to me. Dying in Minecraft is a much bigger risk lol

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
So gaming / hardware question.
When I run CP2077 GPU usage is at 100% all the time from the moment the game runs to when I go back to desktop its at 100%.
Temps are fine at 65C rest of the case also fine on usage and temps.
Is it at 100% bad for the hardware or is it made for that as long as I'm not mining for like 27/4 but playing long sessions on the week

3080 btw

thanks all

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077 takes place in a cursed dystopian future where mirrors takes away your pants whenever you look at them .

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I will take a funny visual glitch over crashes or quest scripting failures any day, so I feel lucky I didnt encounters the worst bugs people mention .
What I find harder to take is that annoying electric buzz in the background whenever you read a document in game . It is really distracting .

OmegaProtocol

Nov 19, 2017
The one thing I can tell you about gaming laptop + TV, is that sometimes you may have to connect to the TV, then reboot the laptop for the picture to function correctly.

Obviously YMMV with your specific setup, but this is something I have encounter across different setups over the last decade plus, especially if the laptop in question has Optimus.

That's really it though, other than the fact that your Nvidia GPU will be running 100% of the time when connected to the external display.

Thank you for the info. I'm going to invest in a laptop cooling pad, before I start gaming. I don't want any heat overheating issues.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
ReShade helps a lot. There's user-made presents online, but you best bet is doing it yourself -- I remember using the 'colourful' option, and something else... helped cut through the greyness of Bayo1.

You can also mod in Bayo2's costume, if that interests you.
Thanks but i am dumb and don't know how to do this.

I downloaded this preset: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/7110/. I put that file where the game exe is, also activated that file when setting up the reshade but it's not activating in the game. Nothing is changing. What am i doing wrong?

Yeah, I watched it on YouTube and didn't care for the Epilogue. I thought the main ending was perfect. When I destroyed the first tree and started to see Ahriman corrupt the land again, I quit the game. That was my ending. As hard as it was not to bring Elika back, I could not repeat her father's mistake.
I was torn and think, both are fitting decisions. But I wanted all the costumes, so I pulled through with it. :D
It would have been nice, if the game lets the player decide and feature two official endings. They could still have their sequels and just declare one as canon, like many other series do.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Repost this post i made in the Cyberpunk 2077 thread because i think this is very important for AMD CPU users:

I'm honestly shocked that this is true but i just tried and works:

Tutorial

It seems that the game use an Intel compiler and that makes the performance on AMD CPU way worst (i suppose this applies to console too?), so editing the .exe can bring you big fps gains if you are on an AMD CPU.

Screenshots of my own, before:
Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-12-20-00-48.png

After:
Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-12-20-03-19.png

As you see i get in this particularity scene a jump of 9fps, and the usage of the CPU goes from 53% to 88%. The game is way more stable now and drop way less. It's ridiculous and i can't understand why do they do this.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
So I actually thought Persona 5 Strikers was a sports based spinoff before I saw it inside the Steam TGA section. Hack and slash Persona game, that sounds right up my alley. Hope it is good!

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
So I actually thought Persona 5 Strikers was a sports based spinoff before I saw it inside the Steam TGA section. Hack and slash Persona game, that sounds right up my alley. Hope it is good!

Why you gotta use that avatar, man. Just reminds me that we may never see Cate Archer again.

Actually, I'm still hopeful that Night dive(?) will some how get the rights to NOLF some day

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Why you gotta use that avatar, man. Just reminds me that we may never see Cate Archer again.

Actually, I'm still hopeful that Night dive(?) will some how get the rights to NOLF some day
Phil Spencer name-dropped NOLF before. Maybe he can pull some strings with Disney to get their lawyers to check their cabinetss for the IP rights.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Hey everybody, PC gaming noob here. I got the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 recently along with a 65" LG OLED CX and was wondering: if I was to buy Cyberpunk for PC and output it through my TV, would I get OLED-quality HDR or only the quality of HDR that my laptop could boast? Also, would the game be able to output at 4K through my OLED, or would I be capped by the internal laptop capabilities at 1080p/120?

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
Phil Spencer name-dropped NOLF before. Maybe he can pull some strings with Disney to get their lawyers to check their cabinetss for the IP rights.

I thought it was a bit more complicated than that because the IP tangled up with multiple companies.

Hey everybody, PC gaming noob here. I got the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 recently along with a 65" LG OLED CX and was wondering: if I was to buy Cyberpunk for PC and output it through my TV, would I get OLED-quality HDR or only the quality of HDR that my laptop could boast? Also, would the game be able to output at 4K through my OLED, or would I be capped by the internal laptop capabilities at 1080p/120?

Your laptop should output to the native resolution/refresh rate of your external display.
Someone else will have to chime in on the OLED and HDR stuff.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I thought it was a bit more complicated than that because the IP tangled up with multiple companies.

I think there's a question between Disney (Who own Fox), Activision (who got some stuff from Vivendi), and WB (Who happen to own Monolith).

When Night Dive was reaching out to these companies, the answer it got was "We're not gonna bother checking if we have any rights, but if you make any moves to re-release it, then you can be damn sure we'll pay our lawyers to look into it". I'm paraphrasing John Walker's description from an RPS article a few years back.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
When you connect your gaming laptop to an external display, your TV becomes your screen and whatever capabilities it has are of what you be be taking full advantage.

Your GPU determines what you can output, not your laptop's display. You have an Nvidia GPU after all.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
When you connect your gaming laptop to an external display, your TV becomes your screen and whatever capabilities it has are of what you be be taking full advantage.

Your GPU determines what you can output, not your laptop's display. You have an Nvidia GPU after all.
This is what I figured and hoped. That's great news! So even if my laptop has subpar HDR, its capability to output HDR will allow it to display something like Control or Cyberpunk in native 4K with OLED-caliber HDR thanks to my TV?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
This is what I figured and hoped. That's great news! So even if my laptop has subpar HDR, its capability to output HDR will allow it to display something like Control or Cyberpunk in native 4K with OLED-caliber HDR thanks to my TV?
As soon as you connect to an external display, all that matters are the specifications of that external display. It's that simple.

My laptop has no HDR capability but if I connected it to your LG, it would just output whatever the TV does. The laptop hardware doesn't care what screen it is using.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry, yeah I know how you feel! Seeing Perfect Dark come back creates a slightly bad feeling over we will likely not see No One Lives Forever again. Won't give up hope yet, though. Happy for Perfect Dark, will definitely play it, but sad because Cate Archer is a way better protagonist than Joanna Dark. :P

Just played the first few hours of Lake Ridden, a nice Myst-alike riddle adventure in first person.
You are a young girl, walking through a mysterious wood, searching for your even younger sister. Headphones are recommended, and while the atmosphere is nice, I don't really see it necessary. It's also not meant to be scary. I'm even a bit baffled how rarely she reacts, when strange things are happening. Or if she reacts, she's more astonished than angsty.
Puzzles are fun and not too hard. Some repeat themselves, though.
Graphics are nice, but with a lot of pop ups and the like. It's a bit ridiculous how large the areas are sometimes, with nothing noticeable to find there.
You can lit candles and lamps everywhere. I don't know, if there is an achievment for lighting all of them, but I'm surely going to deserve one! XD
Sadly it makes me feel slightly nausea. It helps that it's a slow game, so my motion sickness isn't triggered too hard, but my stomach feels a bit uneasy.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
As soon as you connect to an external display, all that matters are the specifications of that external display. It's that simple.

My laptop has no HDR capability but if I connected it to your LG, it would just output whatever the TV does. The laptop hardware doesn't care what screen it is using.
Perfect. Thanks for clarifying!

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Why not V-zzy

Also, there are better vegan alternatives than soy for a burger.

Uzz-V sounds better to me.

Also soy food is mainly from Shadowrun, where everything is soy based (even coffee). Cyberpunk food is mostly kibble, 'A mass-produced nutrient mix that satisfies most requirements for sustenance, but tends to look, smell, and taste like the dry pet food it takes its name from.' So soy is a step up from that I'd say!

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm playing Fallout 4, doing the Far harbor puzzle levels, which in my opinion fucking sucks, but I'm doing them nonetheless, I wrap up the last one which is pretty time consuming and just as I finish it the game fucking crashes.. and since you cant save on those(for what reason I don't know) I lost all progress. I'm honestly at a loss for words, sure I've encountered my fair share of crashes and bugs in the game but this? no fuck this shit.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Uzz-V sounds better to me.

Also soy food is mainly from Shadowrun, where everything is soy based (even coffee). Cyberpunk food is mostly kibble, 'A mass-produced nutrient mix that satisfies most requirements for sustenance, but tends to look, smell, and taste like the dry pet food it takes its name from.' So soy is a step up from that I'd say!
Soy coffee? Thank god for this reality inventing lab grown meat and engineered proteins cause I wouldnt want to life in a world where my future relatives had to suffer drinkign SOY FUCKING COFFEE.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So gaming / hardware question.
When I run CP2077 GPU usage is at 100% all the time from the moment the game runs to when I go back to desktop its at 100%.
Temps are fine at 65C rest of the case also fine on usage and temps.
Is it at 100% bad for the hardware or is it made for that as long as I'm not mining for like 27/4 but playing long sessions on the week

3080 btw

thanks all
It's totally normal for your GPU to stay at 97-100% usage when playing a big game.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
The Xbox Series X|S controller has been working properly for me over Bluetooth after the Windows 10 October(20H2) update.
If you're still having Bluetooth issues with that controller, you may need to that to fix it.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
So with Deathloop coming out next year on Steam, there's:

Requires 3rd-Party Account: Bethesda.net (Supports Linking to Steam Account)

Think I'll hate this, but I presume this means either at least an account connection and/or Bethesda Launcher requirement? Are we likely to see it phased out in light of MS's acquisition?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So with Deathloop coming out next year on Steam, there's:

Think I'll hate this, but I presume this means either at least an account connection and/or Bethesda Launcher requirement? Are we likely to see it phased out in light of MS's acquisition?

Doom Eternal, FO76, Rage 2, and Wolfenstein Youngblood all have the same linking requirement. You dont need the bethesda launcher, just an account.

If they did phase it out it wouldnt be much different. You would just need an Xbox Live account instead of a Bethesda one lol

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
I prefer controller in those games. The floaty controls doesn't translate well to a KBM setup imo

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I'm going to start my first GTA/RDR since San Andreas on PC:

Mouse & Keyboard or Controller? (DS4)

surprisingly i found that they are perfectly fine on either, no strong preference in either way

With rdr 2 i thought horse riding will be a bit rough on keyboard, but... it isn't, especially after changing the camera controls from the default. Rdr 2 shooting feels great on mouse imo. But its fine on controller as well at 60 fps.

i think GTA's so arcadey and well tuned that keybaord is completely fine HOWEVER, gamepad generally does offer a better experience. I actually just use controller for driving and mouse kb for on foot gameplay.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Doom Eternal, FO76, Rage 2, and Wolfenstein Youngblood all have the same linking requirement. You dont need the bethesda launcher, just an account.

If they did phase it out it wouldnt be much different. You would just need an Xbox Live account instead of a Bethesda one lol

Fair point about Xbox Live, I guess I'm too hopeful of how things were before on Steam like Dishonored and Prey.

Status
Not open for further replies.