• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Cyberpunk gets so much better later on. I'm starting to see that 90 more and more instead of the initial 75 impression. Hobbes was right.

It's super weird that a good chunk (most?) of the meaty, character-driven side quests (rather than the 'gigs' that basically are GTA online levels of engagement) don't open up until relatively way later on compared to Witcher 3.

Granted, if you were red-lining the main story you'd 'unlock'/see them earlier...but that then acts as a disincentive to exploring early on in a weird way.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I dunno, I honestly don't think the Dragon Age/Mass Effect formula is that hard to nail.

Well, all games are hard to make. But I agree that they just need to make formulaic versions of both and they'd probably be at least pretty good.

It's the trying to reinvent the wheel that gets them into trouble.

OmegaProtocol

Nov 19, 2017
Does anyone use their HDTV as their monitor for their gaming PC/laptop? I'm thinking of doing that and grabbing the Xbox Game Pass on PC. Is there anything specific I should know?

I have a Sony 900H and these are my PC specs.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q 8 GB GDDR6
16 GB Memory DDR4
512 GB SSD
1 x Thunderbolt 3 (Full USB 3.1 Type C)
1 x Mini Display Port 1.4
1 x HDMI 2.0

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I love when games put bonus content in the install folder, stuff like posters, wallpapers etc

I remember Yakuza doing it, and Cyberpunk does

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
TxxuTTO.gif

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Then I shall discover what a moscow mule tastes like!
It's a really good drink, usually served in a copper mug.
k7zkutlz8qdaksagv8ap.png

I had read before that the Moscow mule was a drink invented by a salesman who had a ton of copper mugs and nobody was buying them from him, so he made up this drink saying that it could only be served in a copper mug and then people started buying the mugs.

EDIT: I am wrong, the copper mug was popularized by a Smirnoff salesman trying to sell Smirnoff to bars around the country in the 1940s.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Hi guys. Has anyone managed to successfully get 5.1 audio over hdmi out (connected to my receiver + TV) from an nvidia card? Specifically a 2080ti.

Win 10 seems to limit it to stereo but my receiver is 5.1 surround. Works perfectly fine with other devices eg. PS4, SkyQ box connected via hdmi to the same receiver, but Windows 10 won't let me send 5.1 surround over hdmi.

My PC gaming audio is noticeably less impressive as a result. Any way to force it?

Aug 30, 2020
I realize now that Cyberpunk does have more to say, at least about inequality, than the trailers and my initial impressions led me to believe. It's not profound, it's no Disco Elysium, but it has a hell of a lot more to say, told sometimes subtly, that even evokes emotional resonance than your Call of Duty and maybe even some Deus Ex.

Aug 30, 2020
It's a really good drink, usually served in a copper mug.
k7zkutlz8qdaksagv8ap.png

I had read before that the Moscow mule was a drink invented by a salesman who had a ton of copper mugs and nobody was buying them from him, so he made up this drink saying that it could only be served in a copper mug and then people started buying the mugs.

EDIT: I am wrong, the copper mug was popularized by a Smirnoff salesman trying to sell Smirnoff to bars around the country in the 1940s.

Huh I thought this was a Longhorn Steakhouse thing.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty good thread regarding PCVR (and VR in general) development, and why we are just now getting "gen 1" VR games (and when can we expect "gen 2")

I realize now that Cyberpunk does have more to say, at least about inequality, than the trailers and my initial impressions led me to believe. It's not profound, it's no Disco Elysium, but it has a hell of a lot more to say, told sometimes subtly, that even evokes emotional resonance than your Call of Duty and maybe even some Deus Ex.
I mean, Cyberpunk having some understanding of the genre it takes the namesake (and well, the roleplaying game it is based on) isnt that mindblowing.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Does the GTX 1660 Super support DLSS?

I'm currently in microcenter and they have one for $200 and I can't seem to find a solid answer online.

My current build is:
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX
AMD Ryzen 7 27 00X
Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4 GB Tri-X

I was holding out for a 3060ti and I'm honestly tired of waiting for it. I still game in 1080p, so I don't need the latest and greatest, so as long as it supports DLSS (and ray tracing?), I'll be fine for now.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't say anything about fixing the "genitals clipping through the clothes" issue. Must be a feature, not a bug.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Does the GTX 1660 Super support DLSS?

I'm currently in microcenter and they have one for $200 and I can't seem to find a solid answer online.

My current build is:
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX
AMD Ryzen 7 27 00X
Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4 GB Tri-X

I was holding out for a 3060ti and I'm honestly tired of waiting for it. I still game in 1080p, so I don't need the latest and greatest, so as long as it supports DLSS (and ray tracing?), I'll be fine for now.
No, only RTX cards support DLSS. The 1660 Super also doesn't support ray tracing.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Man what's up with that buzzing sound in the ingame settings menu in Cyberpunk? Incredibly annoying, especially with headphones on maximum volume.

Also are there any comparison pics of each of the graphic settings somewhere?

Last edited:

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
unfortunately I can't do a text-only game with zero visuals - example:

ss_4355ecac25e23e27c16af7b8dd471f5602209d0f.1920x1080.jpg
I loved the text-only approach for Night Road. I played it twice through -- it's surprisingly open-ended and malleable. It reminded me much more of VTM:B than the New York games did (though I still liked them).

I read it before bed on my phone, and it was a good time!

After 18 hours my 100% run of Prince of Persia 2008 has come to an end. 🤗

Checked out all the costumes available today. Altair is quite fitting. Jade looks neat, but not so fitting.(And I found that neckline a bit too low.) At least poor Elika has some proper shoes in that one. ^^ Their prototypes are interesting, but I prefer the final ones. The Sands of Time skins don't seem optimized. A lot of weird clipping on Elika. And the textures on the half naked prince look a bit off, and his head far too small for his body.
I like Elika's white top, so it gave me a good chuckle, that their is a line where the prince actually tells her, he likes it, with her offering him to gift him one. ^^

Graphics and music are nice, the areas are quite beautiful. The combat was my least favourite part and didn't entertain me much.
Overall the game tends to be a bit too samey every now and then - especially the lack of different enemies shows.

Travelling around was fun, and I liked hunting all the orbs. And most of all I enjoyed Elika and the prince. The dialogue between them is really great and I started to develope a little crush on both of them. They work well together. (And I loved the german voice acting of the prince.)
The story itself was a bit lacking, though. I think, it is the way how it is told, through this bits Elika tells you every now and then. While you get to know a lot about the world, I stll felt a bit in the dark about some circumstances.
Since I was so in love with both of them, I was totally on board to cut those trees down. And I find this very fitting for the prince, too. How he was portrayed throughout the game, he'd choose his own fate and not sacrifice something - or someone in this case - for a seemingly greater good. He fell in love with her and doesn't want to let her go. He's a stranger who gives nothing about the land and its people.
For Elika on the other hand, it's rather fitting to sacrifice herself, and she's cool with it. So as an alternate ending, accepting her decision and leaving the land alone would be a fitting option as well.
And now, let me tell you: Isn't that exactly like the ending of Last of Us 1? One who sacrifices their life, and the other one rescuing them against their will? Bam! PoP did it first! XD
I want to watch the DLC and the handheld sequels on Youtube.

While I had a great time, I can totally see why the game is often criticized. It's far away from being a bad game, but it might not be a good PoP, with the changes made to the formula. So back in the day, when everyone was hyped to get a new one, of course this came as some sort of bummer. But if you know what you are getting, there is a lot of fun waiting for you.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Well, all games are hard to make. But I agree that they just need to make formulaic versions of both and they'd probably be at least pretty good.

It's the trying to reinvent the wheel that gets them into trouble.

The bolded was what I was getting at. Yeah, making any game is still hard, but I feel there's a pretty 'safe' path to make a sequel to these that would at least get a decent reception.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys. Has anyone managed to successfully get 5.1 audio over hdmi out (connected to my receiver + TV) from an nvidia card? Specifically a 2080ti.

Well, I switched from PC speakers with analog audio to HDMI from my then 2080 Ti to my receiver. I think it might have taken few tries (turning devices on/off maybe?) and then it started working, Windows allowed me to change to 5.1 and it's been working fine ever since.

I don't really have any helpful tips, other than that it can be done and at least for me it didn't require anything extra besides Windows basic functions.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
So I've posted in various threads about Cyberpunk being unplayable for me, due to it not correctly recognizing my laptop's touchpad. I made a post on the MSI gaming laptop Redditt and users with all brands of laptops started responding that theirs were borked also.

Further down the rabbit hole, I found this thread on the official Cyberpunk forum: CAN'T PLAY CYBERPUNK AS DISABLED PERSON. Pages and pages of laptop users and those who use third party input devices due to disability/accessibility issues, who booted the game to find out that CDPR hadn't done QA on whether these devices would work. Apparently even the Steam Controller is screwed?

I have never encountered an issue like this in my nearly 15 years of gaming on a laptop, using the touchpad.

Madness. I can't believe they could screw up this badly, especially after their long history of PC releases.

Price is not great but could be way worse here. Also thanks K.Jack

You are so welcome! I hope you play and enjoy it. One Step to Eden is a bit to frantic for me to ever have hopes of completing it, but I played enough to unlock a couple characters. It's fun.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Welp that patch didn't fix the crashing for me, at least I got to the main menu and loading screen.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
So i guess i'm stuck not being able to continue cyberpunk until nvidia updated their VMs lol

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018

Current report no. 65/2020 - CD PROJEKT

Subject: Information regarding the estimated return on the Company’s investments related to development and promotion of Cyberpunk 2077 Legal basis: Art. 17 section 1 of the Market Abuse Regulation – inside information The Management Board

Subject: Information regarding the estimated return on the Company's investments related to development and promotion of Cyberpunk 2077

Legal basis: Art. 17 section 1 of the Market Abuse Regulation – inside information

The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") hereby announces that the estimated licensing royalties receivable by the Company in association with pre-order sales of Cyberpunk 2077 across all of its digital distribution channels have exceeded the sum of the following:

– total development expenditures related to the game, and

– the game's marketing and promotional costs borne by the Company – either already incurred or anticipated for the remainder of 2020.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm on the 1660s and I'm getting ok performance on 2077 with a mix of medium and high on 1080p. It's at least steady.

On other games, it's usually high/ultra and 60 fps. Some games just aren't optimized well, so the 1660s can't pick up for that. You'll have dips, but if you tweak the settings, you'll be okay. Also, my Zotac card came somewhat overclocked, so there's a little performance boost with that.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So I've posted in various threads about Cyberpunk being unplayable for me, due to it not correctly recognizing my laptop's touchpad. I made a post on the MSI gaming laptop Redditt and users with all brands of laptops started responding that theirs were borked also.

Further down the rabbit hole, I found this thread on the official Cyberpunk forum: CAN'T PLAY CYBERPUNK AS DISABLED PERSON. Pages and pages of laptop users and those who use third party input devices due to disability/accessibility issues, who booted the game to find out that CDPR hadn't done QA on whether these devices would work. Apparently even the Steam Controller is screwed?

I have never encountered an issue like this in my nearly 15 years of gaming on a laptop, using the touchpad.

Madness. I can't believe they could screw up this badly, especially after their long history of PC releases.

You are so welcome! I hope you play and enjoy it. One Step to Eden is a bit to frantic for me to ever have hopes of completing it, but I played enough to unlock a couple characters. It's fun.

That's terrible. Hopefully they implement a fix soon.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So yesterday and the night before I could play Cyberpunk had no problems launching or crashing, Steam says 14 hours played. Just downloaded the patch on Steam and now it crashes instantly when I hit play, doesnt even launch the game. Did I miss something here?

edit. I verified game data on Steam and it redownloaded. Now it launches. phew

Last edited:

Uriah

Oct 25, 2017

Not surprised about the laptop issues. You can't even rebind certain keys or change ADS to toggle. Really bizarre for a PC developer to miss these pretty basic features.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The main thing Cyberpunk managed to do for me was make me way more excited for GTA VI than I was before. This open world looks incredible but feels so insanely shallow and lifeless. All smoke and mirrors. A shame really, so much wasted performance. And this after like 6 years in development. San Andreas felt more immersive than this game. Hell even GTA 3 did. A GTA VI with these kind of visuals (probably even better due to Next Gen only) and the level of detail Rockstar is known for is going to be incredible.

Cyberpunk isn't the Blade Runner AAA game I was looking and hoping for. Wonder if there ever will be one...

Status
Not open for further replies.