• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
To add to the Cyberpunk data: having to use DLSS to stay above 60 FPS at 1440p is kinda disappointing (2080 Super + i9-9900K @ 5 GHz). And that's with zero raytracing.

Granted, the DLSS implementation is pretty nice and is giving me back at least 30 frames , but still disappointing overall.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Game is performing absolutely beautifully for me: 2070, i7 9700k. Running at 1440p, Ultra settings, just the 1st RTX setting on, balanced DLSS. Pretty much solid 60FPS at all times. Load times are fast as hell. HDR looks incredible on my Samsung KS8000. Very pleased.

how?! i have a 2080 super and i dont get that.

keep in mind the first RT setting does nothing if you dont have the other stuff turned on lol. Reflections are still a performance killer. Try turning that on and see what happens.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think if you have a 3080/3090 you are good.
I have a 3080 (and 5900x). There are still dips below 60fps at 3440x1440 DLSS "Quality" with RTX disabled. On "high" preset too, not ultra.

Mine stays above 60 so far at 3440x1440 on an RTX 3080. I turned some things like shadow resolution and volumetric clouds down a notch, also set distant shadow resolution to medium. RTX on high, DLSS on Quality.
I don't believe that you're not seeing drops below 60 in the open city. Even using the medium preset with no RTX, drops below still occur at 3440x1440 DLSS Quality.

This games scales like shit, the only settings that really have a large effect on performance are RTX and resolution.

You don't need to put every single setting on max.
I'm not. The settings largely don't matter, however.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what about balanced or auto? performance should still look good as well
General IQ takes too big a hit there to the point that RTX stops making sense.

Also didn't notice a huge boost in performance when testing. Maybe a few frames here and there. When drops are regularly occurring to the low 50's/high 40's it doesn't really matter.

Game just needs serious optimization.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
General IQ takes too big a hit there to the point that RTX stops making sense.

Also didn't notice a huge boost in performance when testing. Maybe a few frames here and there. When drops are regularly occurring to the low 50's/high 40's it doesn't really matter.

Game just needs serious optimization.

I think its just THAT demanding.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think its just THAT demanding.
Perhaps... but given the amount of bugs, the delays, and the fact that optimization is usually one the last things tackled in the development cycle... I'm inclined to think there is more that can be done here.

There should be way more performance variability between low preset and ultra (RTX off).

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
I'm trying to know what settings use more CPU, because i'm CPU bounded on open city dropping to 45fps on a 3080 and a 3600x at 1440p.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Been playing doom eternal on pc game pass and man it's good. Looking forward to dragon quest.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
People forget that the lower RT settings only affect lighting/shadows. Ultra adds Reflections.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how?! i have a 2080 super and i dont get that.

keep in mind the first RT setting does nothing if you dont have the other stuff turned on lol. Reflections are still a performance killer. Try turning that on and see what happens.
What CPU are you running? I think CPU is the king in this game, besides ray tracing shit.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Train is adding controller and keyboard support, in case that's what was stopping you from playing that enjoyable game.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Turning on the nVidia Freestyle thing and adding a sharpening filter has helped quite a bit imo. It defaulted to .5, which I thought looked pretty good.

3070/I7 10700k here. With (I think) everything up as high as it can go, except the post processing stuff like CA and blur turned off, and DLSS turned to Auto at 1440 I'm so far getting between 70 and 50ish FPS. Enough that gsync makes it work just fine for me and the game still looks amazing.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Hyper Scape is still alive?
I am amazing, cause I clearly made Ubisoft be like "wow, eonden thinks our game is dead, we gotta give players 10$ for playing it!" in less than 1 day!

man know what would be really cool
if I had an easy way to access the current promotion (sale/demo festival) from within the gosh darned steam client instead of going to the front page and hoping for RNG (or never seeing the sale page at all in the case of smaller sales), forcing me to google the event and access it from my browser instead
In another showcase of how much of an influencer I am, I got an answer from Valve in less than one day about this!

unknown.png

PARANOiA

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is playing 2077 and I'm here still waiting for my launch day Rtx3080 order to ship. It's worth bothering on a 980ti I'm guessing.

2020 really is a shitshow.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
The asian representation in Cyberpunk, at least from NPC side is kinda.... "bad".

unknown.png

Talking in that typical heavily accented "I not know this woman" voice...

Also you can ask her whether the Sashimi is fresh....

Deleted member 19293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi all. I very much love the aesthetic appearance, design, and advertised functionality of the MX Master 3. I've held it in-store, and it checks a *lot* of boxes for me.

I also am a PC gamer. I have a controller for a lot of games, but you all know that a keyboard and mouse is a necessity. I have a relatively inexpensive Logitech wireless keyboard that I use for work from home uses and PC gaming. No issues with that, though I'm also looking at the MX Keys, potentially. I have a G602 wireless mouse now. I've had it for a while. It's been a great mouse, but I think it's starting to show the age and use on it. So I'm heavily considering the MX Master 3 as a replacement. I do work from home a fair bit, and I have every confidence in the MX Keys and Master 3 to work just fine for that. One of my most heavily played games is CS:GO, and I'm wondering if that would possibly work out okay for me.

I've done the requisite googling whether it'd be okay, and seen comments suggesting it might not be. Most often, there's not a lot in the way of elaboration. I'm hoping some if you may have had this experience and can provide some feedback on this idea one way or the other. If you're wondering why I'm not looking for a gaming mouse, I really don't like all of the RGB aesthetics that seem prevalent across the board. I much prefer the design style of the MX series. Thanks if you read through this!

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Woke up, had breakfast, figured I'd play Cyberpunk for a bit.

It's now 10pm and I need to eat. And get dressed.

Huh. How'd that happen.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Settled down to try to beat a particularly tough Age of Kings scenario, with Game Awards YouTube channel open on my laptop.

Probably gonna grab some rum in a bit.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So are there any giveaways or goodies for watching The Game Awards stream on a certain platform this year?

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This game is unbelievably pretty, especially at night. I've barely played the game because I stop every five minutes to take a photo or stare at the details.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had no idea Strikers was a 60 dollar game, figured it was a 40 dollar spinoff in my head for some reason.

Guess it's better than a 60 dollar year late port.

Status
Not open for further replies.