• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
So I played a little of Halo Reach today, are subtitles really only during cutscenes? My squad was talking to some guys at the beginning and nothing was subtitled.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I played a little of Halo Reach today, are subtitles really only during cutscenes? My squad was talking to some guys at the beginning and nothing was subtitled.

Yes, it is a much talked about issue in addition to the sound mix being off for a lot of people. Presumably something that may see a patch.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing Gish from the very first Humble Bundle. I didn't like its physics despite the gameplay being enjoyable.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gish isn't a good game really. It's just a curiosity like the Basement Collection. Useful to understand the history of a dev and see him work and evolve, but there's a clear huge bump in quality once he made Meat Boy and onward.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Thing is, I bought all the dark souls and put maybe 3 hours total into them. Too scary. I probably won't play Sekiro that much ... but I want the option to - and it does look less dark and dingy.
Same with RE2 Remake. Now that was a sale!
£20 and it's a deal. £35? Come on, that's basically what I consider to be a good launch price. I guess it's super popular, maybe next year, if I still remember it.
Sekiro will destroy you.

It's easily worth the price (it is the game of the year), but maybe it's just not something you should be interested in (at least to the point of spending money on it)?

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty disappointed with LiS2. This road trip theme just never clicked with me, and I never really grew fond of Sean and Daniel either.

Oh well, onto Man of Medan.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Hey, I have a favor to ask from anyone with Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris. Does it work for you? For me I can start the game and look at the menus just fine, but as soon as I hit the NEW GAME button, it either hangs or crashes.
I know dex has played it recently and didn't have the issue I'm having, so I'm wondering if I can narrow down it to something.
Only thing I can think of is that it's somehow Ryzen's fault at the moment.
HALP

WBacon delivers.

Too bad about some of those regional prices. 😬

One game a time :) We'll should also retroactively update localized names for past games as well, though I don't have a specific timeline.

Pricing - I don't have full visibility or context into local market's pricing strategy since each Capcom subsidiary manages on their own. Sorry...

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
is FF XIV fun for a solo player?

Absolutely! I never had more than 3 or 4 friends in our Linkshell when I played and we only occasionally grouped up for anything. That said, you WILL have to group up with randos to do your dungeons to progress, and if you want to get your daily roulette bonuses. That's a small chunk of your time spent compared to all of the solo quests and other things you can run around and do.

There is a LOT to do that doesn't require groups. You will hit roadblocks from time to time though. This isn't a 1-75 as BST in FFXI type soloable game. However, yes, it was quite fun for my entire run in it. Only recently left just before the Automata content was added.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MMOs are in a state these days where, you probably are better off playing their levelling / main story stuff solo, but the actual good content, outside of the story, is multiplayer oriented.

Oct 25, 2017
It's always a sad thing when you remember a game you were excited to come out, only to see it's dead and the studio gone.

Well since I can't have it, anyone know of any other game akin to what Kieru was going to be? Single hue opponents fighting each other, able to hide in their colour of environments? It was specifically sword fighting with black and white, but it's the general idea rather than style of combat or genre I care about.

Here is a video since Greenlight doesn't have one any more.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
question for you all - i keep eyeing this deal: https://www.gog.com/game/ultimate_red_collection - which seems decent, but not great. i already have Witcher 3 on non-PC platforms, so i don't really need it on GOG other than for completionist's sake, or if it's really that much better with mods. but even then it seems like i can buy just W3 and Cyberpunk for much cheaper. Cyberpunk is listed for about $45 on CDKeys, so if really all i want is Cyberpunk, i think that might be the best move. which brings me to the following questions:
  1. might the RED collection be something that would get added to potentially in the future? Cyberpunk DLC, future games, etc? curious if GOG has done something like that in the past as a grandfathering sort of thing
  2. based on previous experience, will Cyberpunk go lower than $45 on CDKeys or elsewhere before release? should i just chill out and be patient?
  3. if i don't chill out and be patient, will the GOG key on CDKeys get me these bonuses? or do i have to actually preorder by checking out on GOG?
    m0BteDY.png
I doubt any content will be added retroactively, but your guess is as good as mine. There's no precedence for this at least but I really can't imagine them adding The Witcher 4 or whatever their next game will be down the line.

Typically you won't see a better deal than the current one that is on CDkeys -- I'd say it's actually more likely that the price will increase as we get closer to release.

You should get all the GOG bonuses no matter where you buy it since that has always been the case so far, to my knowledge.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
How does one assess price/performance for a mouse
Mouse is really something hard to assess as it can be quite personal in regards to size. I would always recommend going to a electronics store that has mouse around to just see the size and speed you want and then look for similar ones.

For mouse the most important part (imho) is reliability and comfort. Being able to change DPI settings easily (with some presets for instance) is also a close second.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
How does one assess price/performance for a mouse

well, there is a mouse sensor that is generally considered the best so the cheaper models that still use the quality sensor would be good price for performance if the size, shape and weight are to your preference.

Most mice get the sensor from the same manufacturer (Pixart). It's like mechanical keyboards a few years back when you could get some budget keyboards but they still had cherry switches so you knew they would be good, but lacking in features or case quality.

Most gaming mice now use the Pixart 3360 or some customized variant of it. The exception being some wireless mice where battery life is a concern and some brands have their own sensors that are almost as good (maybe even perceptively as good) but much more efficient (like the HERO sensor for Logitech)

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Regarding mouse, I'm really surprised that today's wireless mouse has lower latency than wired mouse.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Activision just put a game like 2 weeks old in a Humble Monthly.

Though yes, Sekiro is a dev that sells well on PC, in a genre that does, and it's just got a bunch of year end listicle hype, so it'll probably be summer before there's a decent discount.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
is FF XIV fun for a solo player?

If you mean solo in the sense that you don't want to spend a lot of time communicating with people or needing friends to play, but are okay playing with random people in matchmaking, then yes. This is how I'm playing it, and it works great.

Most of the group content is done through matchmaking (including all of the mandatory story stuff), requires only minimum communication (if any at all), and the game has systems that incentivize veteran players to revisit older content, so even old dungeons are still pretty easy to get groups for. The biggest exception are the endgame fights, but for the most part those are just harder versions of existing encounters, so you're not missing out on a lot of the story (although there are some exceptions that do have story locked behind them). These do still have an ingame party finder, but they aren't automatically matchmade.

It's not like say Destiny, where even seeing all of the story will require you to join a guild, schedule raids with other people on discord, and constantly communicate in voice chat.

If you mean solo in the sense that you never want to interact with other people, never want to do any party based instances, and just want to play it as a singleplayer game, then not really. The main story pretty frequently requires doing dungeons with a party. The latest expansion lets you do these solo with AI teammates, but up to that point you'll have to do them with other people.

But besides that, the party based stuff is easily the most fun part of the game. The actual solo gameplay like fighting things in the overworld is also pretty basic, really easy, and not all that fun (although sadly you still have to do a ton of that to progress through the story). Dungeons and other instanced party based content is clearly the focus of the game. Although if you're looking at playing it primarily for the story and don't care about the gameplay, that wouldn't matter as much.

Outside of combat, there is a bunch of optional stuff to do solo. Crafting and Gathering are much more involved than in other MMOs, and you can spend a ton of time decorating your house/apartment, dressing up your character, or playing minigames in the Golden Saucer.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019

Yup, and the audio is woefully inferior to the 360 version of the game

Personally I refuse to play the campaign until they fix it, it just ruins the experience

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Got £10 steam wallet as early Christmas present, on top of my current wallet. I hope I actually get something this time. I'm too frugal. I need to get into my head that i'm not paying for these games, they are gifts from other people!

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am very torn between picking up Sekiro or Disco Elysium. I might crack under the pressure and grab both, arghh.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Finished Life Is Strange: Before The Storm yesterday, and I'm slightly disappointed by it. It lacks a lot of the charms that made LiS great. It's still worth playing though, and that bonus episode sure is bittersweet to play, but I'm overall glad to close that LiS chapter, and I'm ready to open the next one with new characters with LiS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.