• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
welp, how accurate is EGS key redeem preview?
I bought metro exodus from humblebundle, but when I insert the key on the egs client the preview shows the expansion pass and not the base game. Did humblebundle send me a wrong key?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought metro exodus from humblebundle, but when I insert the key on the egs client the preview shows the expansion pass and not the base game. Did humblebundle send me a wrong key?

Are you sure it's the expansion pass? The header for the game now advertises the pass.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
When redeeming the Shenmue III Trial it just shows the banner and title for the complete game, if I remember correctly.

So it's possible it doesn't recognize anything else other than the main game, no matter what you redeem (game, DLC or trial).

That Metro banner is shown on the store for the base game so I'd presume you're in the clear.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Has anyone tried StoreMI (AMD's Optane alternative) that caches to an SSD from an HDD to speed up games? Is it worth using?

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Been clearing out the backlog and the most enjoyable game I've played this year was Mass Effect 3. It was also the first game I've played this year.

I don't know if I'm getting burned out but so many games are just dull or frustrating. Finished up AC Unity yesterday and uh, I think everyone knows the problems with that, but I'm struggling with even acclaimed games like Dragonfall. I enjoyed Returns much more. 😑

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I remember everyone thought Halo MCC would be huge on Xbox. The botched launch killed it sadly. Even so Destiny is more popular than Halo on Xbox this gen and that says a lot.

Halo just has struggled with all the fierce competition in the market. Every change they attempt seems to upset a certain part of the fan base. 343 has also just been way too slow.

Halo 5 eventually really nailed multiplayer but it took some time.

As far as why Halo 5 is not included, it was not out yet when MCC was planned. MCC was mostly outsourced and setup to give fans halo while everyone awaited the next entry. They needed something to move consoles.

This is a retry with MCC, with the added value of expanding to a new user base because the Xbox user base wasn't as enthused as many predicted. It was also just too hard to monetize that base after the disappointment of launch.

Halo 5 was in development before Phil made his announcements about PC, so it sits in the grey area with games like Forza. You only have so many resources, with MCC being handled , I would assume it's all hands on deck for Infinite for everyone else at the moment.

I'm hoping they nail MCC this time without having to worry about nailing it in time for hardware they have been able to take their time it seems.

I'm not a huge fan but want to see these games preserved on as many platforms as possible.

And remember kids we don't judge success by sales but active users and that is definitely the metric I'm most interested in. The delayed release of each title should help this a bit.

MCC was always imo a great opportunity to test a Halo service framework. A way to keep both older and newer fans actively engaged with the franchise.

Last edited:

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Halo since 2 on the OG Xbox. I missed on out on all the Xbox 360 era Halo games because during that generation, I felt that a PC was a better investment (especially since I was college student during that time). I never thought these games would ever leave Xbox so It will be nice to revisit them on PC.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My prediction is that the Halo Reach launch will be pretty big but we'll see a significant drop off once people realize that the multiplayer gameplay is just old as fuck and too boring compared to other shooters today. However crossplay and modding will come in clutch and keep the playerbase healthy. Also the staggered release will definitely help getting people back every other month.
Launch will be around 40k and why didn't they start with 1,2,3. Usual ms backwards shenanigans.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
My prediction is that the Halo Reach launch will be pretty big but we'll see a significant drop off once people realize that the multiplayer gameplay is just old as fuck and too boring compared to other shooters today. However crossplay and modding will come in clutch and keep the playerbase healthy. Also the staggered release will definitely help getting people back every other month.
The closest we've gotten to any Halo multiplayer on PC is Doom 2016, and it was still lacking a lot of what made Halo multiplayer special. Not only is multiplayer gonna be insanely popular, but it's gonna feel so good on mouse and keyboard.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Is there a bundle discount available for the Master Chief Collection if you buy Halo Reach separately?

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Finally picked up Trüberbrook, I have been interested in it since launch. and it's a really charming adventure game. Really enjoying it so far.

Cloudst69

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Sep 18, 2019
December arrived. Was your black friday worth it, regarding pc? I just got a 500gb 970 evo plus and a 5700xt gaming oc (but this one was full price unfortunately). Now let's wait for steam winter sale :)

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So, just to be sure I'm understanding correctly... "Batman: The Enemy Within" is the sequel/follow up to "Batman: The Telltale Series"?

I have the first game but haven't started it yet. I don't have the second... Is it worth it?

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I'm getting a strong Motorstorm itch but I can't think of anything that will satisfy it. Onrush didn't even come out for PC :/

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Forza Horizon 3/4? Not exactly the same thing but still a great game

Thanks, it's probably time I tried out Horizon.

-hmm I dunno it's £40 for the ultimate edition that's with 50% off ...but I don't think it's off-road and arcadey enough. I'll grab the demo.

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Random Steam question...

If I set a custom art for a game, I assume that it is only saved locally right? The custom images are not saved in the cloud so that I see them on any PCs where I install that game? Cause that would be pretty cool

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Random Steam question...

If I set a custom art for a game, I assume that it is only saved locally right? The custom images are not saved in the cloud so that I see them on any PCs where I install that game? Cause that would be pretty cool
yeah it's only local. I wish it used steam cloud because it sucks when you have more than one PC with steam on it.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Thanks, it's probably time I tried out Horizon.

-hmm I dunno it's £40 for the ultimate edition that's with 50% off ...but I don't think it's off-road and arcadey enough. I'll grab the demo.
4 is on PC Gamepass! I tried it and really disliked the story around it but the gameplay itself is fun enough. A bit heavier than an arcade racer but still sillier than normal forza afaik.

Edit: i'm stoked about Reach because I stopped playing Halo after 3. Hope it's got 144fps support!

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There will probably be a Reach general OT since it has been so long since MCC had a new entry

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
4 is on PC Gamepass! I tried it and really disliked the story around it but the gameplay itself is fun enough. A bit heavier than an arcade racer but still sillier than normal forza afaik.

Edit: i'm stoked about Reach because I stopped playing Halo after 3. Hope it's got 144fps support!
Nice, there's a deal for 3 months of gamepass for £1. I'll grab that, thanks.

I'm really hoping it's not locked to 60fps too. I read they were having issues and that it might be locked to 60 at launch...but then some more recent posts about it going to be unlocked...not sure.

I hope the multiplayer splits people who are playing on pad vs mouse and keyboard like CODMW does but that's probably asking too much. All games need to do that going forward as some games you just want to play with a pad but then get demolished by kb&m players. I never played GTA5 online because of that.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I finished up outer worlds. I played on hard which felt super easy - until the end area, which felt hard. And the last boss was super hard, but when dropping to normal it died in seconds. That aspect of the game didn't seem to be tested well.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'm getting a strong Motorstorm itch but I can't think of anything that will satisfy it. Onrush didn't even come out for PC :/
Yeah i cannot think of many motorstorm like games on steam. Sadly rpcs3 isnt able to run the games 100% yet.
Consider Grip at least if u are down for rollcage like game.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Yeah i cannot think of many motorstorm like games on steam. Sadly rpcs3 isnt able to run the games 100% yet.
Consider Grip at least if u are down for rollcage like game.

I'm actually trying it out on RPCS3 after seeing some good videos but I'm not getting the same result. Grip has been on my list for a while, probably time I pick it up, thanks.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Been playing Jedi Fallen Order and I have a weird issues. I can feel occasional stuttering/framerate drops, but when I display the Steam in-game fps counter, it doesn't drop... I swear I'm not crazy and it feels like frames are dropping, what gives?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Been playing Jedi Fallen Order and I have a weird issues. I can feel occasional stuttering/framerate drops, but when I display the Steam in-game fps counter, it doesn't drop... I swear I'm not crazy and it feels like frames are dropping, what gives?

It's primarily because the game is constantly streaming data and UE4 can't keep up, but there are a few things you can try to mitigate it:

Mitigate stuttering (1; for those using a wireless controller): Move the dongle closer or switch to a wired connection. (Credit to georaldc.)
Mitigate stuttering (2): Launch Origin -> right-click the game in your library -> click "Game Properties" -> switch to the "Cloud Saves" tab -> untick "Enable cloud saves for all supported games". (Credit to lugubriousmoron.)
Note: Applies to all versions of the game. Also, Origin doesn't support disabling cloud saves on a per-game basis, so be sure to re-enable the feature if you wish to use it for another game.
Mitigate stuttering (3): Disable "Share usage data" in Options/Settings -> Extras. May also help with load times. (Credit to ymgve.)

#2 in particular made a quite a big difference for me.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Can't wait to get my hands on Halo Reach, regionla price was right so I bought even though I don't have much free money left. Let's hope it was worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.