• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, is there any way to find a working key for a Steam version of Wolfenstein 2009?
A key? No. Someone probably still has a gift copy in their inventory that they'd be willing to part with for hundreds of dollars though, but I wouldn't go to such lengths for that mediocrity. You can still grab Steam-less copies pretty cheap and easily, but I understand the allure of the +1.

What are the odds of UMvC3 getting delisted?

Second question, is there a legal way to play the original RE2 on PC?
Aside from the PC version that's been mentioned, you could also fetch the PS1 copy and play it through an emulator.

Oct 27, 2017
Very tempted to get New Gundam Breaker for $19~ from Gamebillet even though it is a trainwreck

Might pick up Shining Resonance Refrain off voidu.

Picked up Injustice UE from cdkeys.

Still a bit sour that the cheapest way to get Kombat Pack 2 is to buy Mortal Kombat XL lol.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
You can still grab Steam-less copies pretty cheap and easily, but I understand the allure of the +1.
Yeah, I know where to buy a steam-less copy for less than $2, problem is, my DVD-Drive died back in the October and I have no means to install it. Would be cool if Bethesda released it on GOG like Activision did with Soldiers of Fortune and the Suffering.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, just checked it out and it has great deals on some of the older games especially.

- Metal Gear games are dirt cheap
- Batman games are super cheap
- Castelavania ones are like $1-$2
- Fallout New Vegas is $2.60

And more.

Hmm, never used cdkeys. Does a european key work in canada? Interested in picking up the castlevania games at that price.

amphteamints

Aug 21, 2018
Unfortunately, Milwaukee
Yeah, just checked it out and it has great deals on some of the older games especially.

- Metal Gear games are dirt cheap
- Batman games are super cheap
- Castelavania ones are like $1-$2
- Fallout New Vegas is $2.60

And more.
So CDkeys copy of MGSV is EU"only- I asked this in the discord but didn't really get a concrete answer- is that specifically going to be an issue in the US

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

lol! Yeah discovery queue has been terrible for me this sale. Pretty useless but that's because I use my "Tizoc queue" which just works.

I used to get at least one game per queue that was interesting I didn't know about but this time I mostly hit ignore. I wouldn't miss it if it they killed it and my friends don't even know about the feature. I just send them a link to Tizoc's posts which are far more helpful.

Thanks Tizoc for putting together those posts.

Everything else I discover from conversations here or watching what friends put on wishlists.

My two hauls for this sale:

G1b8yxu.png

rWeQHOq.png

Now to play DQXI first till I drop!

NANI???? super sonico dlc!!!

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not talking about the Discovery Queue in this case by the way, I got that suggestion just by scrolling down on the main store page.

Also, following the "similar games" from that one I got to this:

Which totally looks like my thing and which I just bought.
It's a game with 44 reviews in total so clearly niche. And I never saw it anywhere (though I wouldn't be surprised if Tizoc posted about it ;))

Anyway, the point is that the tools work pretty well for me -- given the volume of games out there and what I already know about -- and I probably don't have mainstream taste in games.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so I just played about 20mins of The Vagrant, which is on sale for $1.59 / 1.59€, I got it because it looked cool in the pictures and it was cheap enough to take a leap of faith.

Let's get the obvious out of the way right off the bat, the protagonist couldnt be more animu waifu if she tried. Shes basically naked, so surely this is trash bundle fodder right? I expected a simple 2d action game, I did not expect a fully fledged 2d action rpg with great vanillaware style art, npcs to talk to, stores to buy stuff, gear (enchantable gear even apparently), magic skills, a talent tree with various stat passives, cooking system with various buffs to get and new moves to learn... what's going on here, at first glance this looks like a $15-20 "normal" indie game that given the subject matter would even had made some waves (*cought*ifitwasonswitch*cough*), I keep looking for "the catch" and I can't find one. Oh wait, it must be like 2 hours long right?

dJUpMLz.png

welp, that's not it! So unless the game is straight up broken and deletes your save or something, which given the very positive reviews on steam is probably not a thing, again, The gameplay seems fine from what I played, if a little loose (also the lady's dash attack makes her cross the entire screen which messes with my positioning) and enemies dont block your path so you can pass through sprites which again makes adjusting for attack postioning weird, but those are small things in a otherwise enjoyable game (again, from the 20 or so minutes I played).

I'm struggling to wrap my head around the game's low base price (and in this case, sale price). But hey, one fiddy for a vanillaware-style 2d action game is not shabby at all especially since those dont usually land on PC.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
lol! Yeah discovery queue has been terrible for me this sale. Pretty useless but that's because I use my "Tizoc queue" which just works.

I used to get at least one game per queue that was interesting I didn't know about but this time I mostly hit ignore. I wouldn't miss it if it they killed it and my friends don't even know about the feature. I just send them a link to Tizoc's posts which are far more helpful.

Thanks Tizoc for putting together those posts.

Everything else I discover from conversations here or watching what friends put on wishlists.
Yer welcome luv~

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Back to the whole "discoverability" discussion: Steam just suggested a game for me that I had never ever heard of anywhere before (and I spend far too much time hearing about games ;)), and it looks like it's exactly my thing for local coop. And long before its release too!

This is the game:

I mean, sure, but as a fan of the genre I'd like to play more than 2 games in it per decade ;)

As much as these sales catch flak (and I'll be the first to mourn the death of flash sales and the excitement they used to hold) their way of incentivizing you to go through the discovery queue is a really good idea.

I always find games to either buy or add to my wishlist. And, like you, I spend a lot of time just hearing about what games are coming and which are good and etc and blah and blah and blah.

But I've also waged a lifelong war against my brain, so my memory isn't up to snuff. That helps keep the discovery queue fun and new.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
so I just played about 20mins of The Vagrant, which is on sale for $1.59 / 1.59€, I got it because it looked cool in the pictures and it was cheap enough to take a leap of faith.

Let's get the obvious out of the way right off the bat, the protagonist couldnt be more animu waifu if she tried. Shes basically naked, so surely this is trash bundle fodder right? I expected a simple 2d action game, I did not expect a fully fledged 2d action rpg with great vanillaware style art, npcs to talk to, stores to buy stuff, gear (enchantable gear even apparently), magic skills, a talent tree with various stat passives, cooking system with various buffs to get and new moves to learn... what's going on here, at first glance this looks like a $15-20 "normal" indie game that given the subject matter would even had made some waves (*cought*ifitwasonswitch*cough*), I keep looking for "the catch" and I can't find one. Oh wait, it must be like 2 hours long right?

dJUpMLz.png

welp, that's not it! So unless the game is straight up broken and deletes your save or something, which given the very positive reviews on steam is probably not a thing, again, The gameplay seems fine from what I played, if a little loose (also the lady's dash attack makes her cross the entire screen which messes with my positioning) and enemies dont block your path so you can pass through sprites which again makes adjusting for attack postioning weird, but those are small things in a otherwise enjoyable game (again, from the 20 or so minutes I played).

I'm struggling to wrap my head around the game's low base price (and in this case, sale price). But hey, one fiddy for a vanillaware-style 2d action game is not shabby at all especially since those dont usually land on PC.

The price is that low because SakuraGame bought the rights to it and they mostly set all their games at that low price.

Another similar Vanillaware kind of game is Heroine Anthem Zero:

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I want to nab Subnautica but the discount is so tiny, what a shame
Don't @ me about the Epic store version

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni

dJUpMLz.png

Holy smokes, this looks amazing

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

dJUpMLz.png

It was 15 bucks at release.
https://steamdb.info/app/598700/
Then as Chairmanchuck said, Sakura Games bought the rights... and lowered the price that low ?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Somebody should ask Subnautica devs how many people claimed free game on Epic Store and how many bought it on Steam Sale XD

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

dJUpMLz.png

Looks like Dragon's Crown

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

dJUpMLz.png

It used to be a 20$ dollar game yeah. Then it got aqquired by SakuraGame and it got a price cut to 2$

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
...I don't understand how that's supposed to work long term.
But I've bought The Vagrant during the summer sale and it was great.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm having a problem with Deus Ex MD regarding the keyboard and mouse. It is not working right, it's either delayed (mostly mouse) or when you press a button it's as if you were holding it i.e. pressing W for forward makes the character go forward for who knows how long and I can't do anything. The Controller (X360) is working no problem, I tried unplugging the controller and I still have the same issues.

Strangely enough on first time running the game everything was fine, the only things I did change was some HUD settings and adding the command line "-benchmark" to skip the videos which since then I got this problem, I also tried validating the game and it says everything is ok. I looked into the steam forums and it appears that some people also have or had this issue.

Hmm I got a workaround, it works when I reboot the system but apparently the problem re-appears if I change the settings dunno.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Subnautica is a lot of fun but some of the later story mission areas seem fairly poorly optimized compared to the rest of the world. Still it's a great game. Hope there's a sequel. Call it Spacenautica. :p

Useless factoid: my autocorrect changes Subnautica to Sabbatical.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

dJUpMLz.png

Yeah I definitely going to be buying this. Looks greeeattt.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
GMG, i believe. not sure on the Season pass.
Even without VIP? I faintly remember something about 100 gold coins for an additional 20% off on Uplay.
I wish Steam prices were better, I don't feel like spending 10 euro extra to have everything under one roof...

EDIT: Yup, 20% off with 100 coins on Uplay. I really didn't want to buy it there but oh well....
Anyone played the season pass content yet?

Last edited:

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Even without VIP? I faintly remember something about 100 gold coins for an additional 20% off on Uplay.
I wish Steam prices were better, I don't feel like spending 10 euro extra to have everything under one roof...
oh no. without vip, if you can use the Uplay rewards, is cheaper there.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So I asked for a Steam giftcard instead of cash from my Secret Santa (family thing) but I just realized I never buy games on Steam as they are significantly cheaper elsewhere. I guess I will use all my funds to by the Steam versions of ubigames.

LatscherGnu

Apr 23, 2018
The Vagrant is a great game, same thing happened to me, bought it because it looked great and dirt cheap and was surprised by the quality.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Dishonored 2:

The Clockwork Mansion
The Royal Conservatory
Dust District
A Crack in the Slab

That's four amazing missions in a row. No filler here, just great gameplay. I think Dust District is my fave so far. I had to drag the unconscious bodies of two targets past enemy territory for a satisfying non-lethal ending.

Crack in the Slab is particulary impressive and more memorable than Titanfall 2's time-fuckery, because of how the present day changes due to your actions in the past. I started freaking out when NPCs started appearing in the present day, whereas before the level was abandoned.

This is one of those games you kick yourself for not playing sooner, having languished in your backlog for years.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm up to mission 7 and have only killed the 1st mission's target because he deserved it, the traitorous scum. The other targets I took out non-lethally in very satisfying ways. I have killed a couple guards by accident though, one guy I hit with a sleep dart and he fell off a cliff to his death. Whoops. Overall though I'm low chaos and am enjoying the game a lot, I love the world it's set in, they've just mashed together so many cool things. They could have simply made it a grounded sneak-a-thon in a steampunk Victorian era type of thing, but nope they also threw in the Void dimension and witches and stuff, it's so cool.

The 3rd game has to be set in Pandyssia, with an East India Company style expedition. It has to!!!

Anyway, random question for everyone. Do you know of a way to filter out a store from your wishlist in gg.deals? I guess the site is still in beta and doesn't have that functionality yet?

EDIT: zkylon, remove those disgusting mission markers from your HUD. NOW.
hey if you want your game to be more inconvenient you do you but i like my interface to tell me where do i need to go

also i'm bummed they still have a single animation for non-lethal, that makes the game so boring in comparison to just fucking shredding fools

Uh... So you're enjoying it then. That's good.

(Make sure to check the rubber stamp in future missions)
what's a rubber stamp

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
So I bought Rainbow Six Siege Complete from Amazon.com and turns out the key is region locked to NA only, can't activate in EU. I've never had to deal with Uplay region locks before, how screwed am I with this key? Does VPN activation work with Uplay?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Fanatical have a merchant bundle, with a price cut from £63 all the way down to...£2! hah, ah what the hell, one more impulse purchase before the end of the year.

Patrician 3, and 4
Rise of Venice
Port Royale 3
Plus all related DLC seems like.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
Not official, but it seems Valve is gonna shut down all video related things (movies, series, etc.)

https://steamcommunity.com/games/948230/announcements/detail/1694941371089924215

Thanks to everyone who watched the first episode of Lyceum of the Strange, unfortunately Steam just announced early next year it will be shutting down all non game related video apps from it's store. We had plans to released and promote the series here on Steam with more animations and art production but that's coming to an end. You may continue to download and watch until Feb 2019. Be sure to check us out on Youtube and Vimeo.

Again, nothing official yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.