• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I also have a 66% coupon for book of demons and 70% coupon for darkest dungeon if anyone wants it.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
That guy certainly doesn't look like he plays 70% of his games on PC. The only PC centric threads he is in, are Epic store thread, the rest are Xbox posts.
Well, then I don't understand why does he care in a first place and why is GFaqs-esque trolling like "Valve can kick rocks" even allowed on a moderated forum.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
That guy certainly doesn't look like he plays 70% of his games on PC. The only PC centric threads he is in, are Epic store thread, the rest are Xbox posts.

He's not an epic store defender. He's a MS/xbox fan, mostly posting in the first party thread and other xbox related threads. He's just openly trolling.

Exactly. He's mostly active in that topic where Xbox fans are hoping/speculating for more Xbox exclusive games and studio purchases by Microsoft.

I game both on PC and consoles, but I can't understand their reasoning at all. Why am I not filled with joy when Valve buys a studio or when one of my favorite games are exclusive on PC?

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
It sucks that there are no news about Sunset Overdrive physical version. I really want to buy it and have it in my collection. Hopefully it will be released soon.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
https://kotaku.com/yesterday-just-two-years-after-twitch-acquired-curse-l-1831071841?IR=T

Wiki site Fandom announced yesterday that they will acquire Curse Media, which runs gaming wiki site Gamepedia, from Twitch. Twitch owned Curse Media for just two years.

"We've signed a definitive agreement to acquire Curse Media from Twitch, Inc; including all media assets and employees," a Fandom rep said in an e-mail to Kotaku. Fandom plans on "combining" Gamepedia into their operation.

As a long-time admin and editor at various gaming Wikias (fuck your 'Fandom' branding) along with Gamepedia, this is shitty to read. With enforced auto-play videos being the latest in line of tripe Wikia's management has pushed, Gamepedia was a decent place for contributing game knowledge and building information.

Plenty of Wikis who migrated away from Wikia's bullshit will find themselves back at square one. Business may be first for Brandon Rhea and Co., but it puts wiki editors and readers dead last.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Dishonored 2 and DotO DLC have removed Denuvo.

Unsurprisingly, loading times improved.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
You know I really don't have a horse in this client war race or whatever but man it's gonna suck ass when Arkane's next joint gets like a fourth of it's PC sales because it's stuck on Bethesda's shitty launcher

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
The one thing that I've never understood about big media outlets is their slagging the amount of games released on Steam.

Them exclaiming "There's too many games! How is anyone supposed to sort through all of these games to find the good ones!?!?!?"

And it's like....if only there was an independent group of people, whose job it was to play a large number of games to assist their audience in separating the wheat from the chaff. If only there was a group of people who were paid to be taste makers, informers, and have more time than the average consumer to dedicate to playing things and being discerning.

One might even think that the very existence of more variety than any casual consumer could handle would place a greater importance on these taste makers. Like as if their job would become more pertinent.

But we will never know.

PC gaming magazines in the 90s and early 00s were filled with crap and mediocrity, 300 pages, one review after the other. Reviewers in those days had it real rough, what got released got reviewed. And I read 'em all (almost).

Well, then I don't understand why does he care in a first place and why is GFaqs-esque trolling like "Valve can kick rocks" even allowed on a moderated forum.

You said it yourself in that thread, even if jokingly. The majority on ERA are console-only gamers and a few of them would actually love to see PC gaming die for good. Especially Xbox fans seem to be really annoyed by PC stealing their exclusives now so they resort to straight up lying to look somewhat impartial. It's obvious for us but hard for mods to judge though. Also he's banned now.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
PC gaming magazines in the 90s and early 00s were filled with crap and mediocrity, 300 pages, one review after the other. Reviewers in those days had it real rough, what got released got reviewed. And I read 'em all (almost).

I was a voracious reader of console gaming mags in the 90s. They reviewed everything too. Those 300 page-a-month EGMs were great. Of course, they never actually played through most of the games they reviewed...but it was kind of less of a problem when the games were 2 hours long and they only played through 40 mins of them.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The only back catalogue title on Epic's store is Shadow Complex (so expect the Steam version to be yanked after the Winter Sale). Everything else (i.e. UT3 and earlier) is only on Steam and/or GOG.

Even Epic forgot that they own Unreal Tournament XD If they cared about them they would continue working on new UT instead of just abandoning it completely.

https://kotaku.com/yesterday-just-two-years-after-twitch-acquired-curse-l-1831071841?IR=T

As a long-time admin and editor at various gaming Wikias (fuck your 'Fandom' branding) along with Gamepedia, this is shitty to read. With enforced auto-play videos being the latest in line of tripe Wikia's management has pushed, Gamepedia was a decent place for contributing game knowledge and building information.

Plenty of Wikis who migrated away from Wikia's bullshit will find themselves back at square one. Business may be first for Brandon Rhea and Co., but it puts wiki editors and readers dead last.
Oh this is tragic, they really become a pain to use with all the "Fandom" they push like all things geek are the same.

Oct 25, 2017
Should I buy Below without knowing anything about it? Seems like that's how the developers want you to play the game and Cappy usually makes good games.

Nov 3, 2017
I got one, too, and with the launch discount, I impulse bought the game.
The race is on whether I'll play it before it ends up in a bundle, if it does.

I have that coupon too, how do i use it? when i look in the store page it just says 20% off. Will the coupon be redeemable at checkout? Otherwise i can't see where to apply it.

When you add it to your cart, and check it, you will see the coupon applied. :)

Thanks, i'll pop it into my cart and thusly my backlog when i get home :)

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
The majority on ERA are console-only gamers and a few of them would actually love to see PC gaming die for good.
This mentality seems bizarre to me. I can see why Xbox fans will be upset about the state of the exclusives on their consoles, but MS doing a smart business decision, plus Xbox is still undoubtedly have a priority over the gaming side of Win10. And I don't even know why fans of Sony and big N would feel threatened, Sony is still a clear leader (not counting all the cash in F2P segment of PC gaming) and Nintendo, as always, is doing its own thing and not in the direct competition with the rest of the market.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i still can't believe there was a witcher game released this year and i didn't even hear about it

yipes

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
This mentality seems bizarre to me. I can see why Xbox fans will be upset about the state of the exclusives on their consoles, but MS doing a smart business decision, plus Xbox is still undoubtedly have a priority over the gaming side of Win10. And I don't even know why fans of Sony and big N would feel threatened, Sony is still a clear leader (not counting all the cash in F2P segment of PC gaming) and Nintendo, as always, is doing its own thing and not in the direct competition with the rest of the market.

Nothing surprises me with gamers. Especially in this age of social media where everyone and their mom dad and grandpa can issue the shitiest of hot takes at the click of a button.

Echoing some comments I seen in here over the week or so I'm finding the whole thing tiring. If anything is going to make me give up gaming it's the fucking gamers themselves. They are most definitely making me feel depressed about gaming.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Tribalism.

Plus, gamers aren't very bright.

Nov 1, 2017
GOG flash deals are pretty great so far (if you don't mind not having the game on Steam, that is)

There's something about the formatting of the gog store that makes everything look the same and flat. Nothing pops out on it. Everything looks like a fantasy video game cover but they all look really busy and...flat is the only way I can describe it. There's something weird about it.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I was a voracious reader of console gaming mags in the 90s. They reviewed everything too. Those 300 page-a-month EGMs were great. Of course, they never actually played through most of the games they reviewed...but it was kind of less of a problem when the games were 2 hours long and they only played through 40 mins of them.

I loved those super sized editions of EGM that came out right before the holidays. For awhile it felt like each year got bigger and bigger.

so book of demons is amazing.

like, GOTY amazing, although ive only played like 2 hours to be fair. Not even mad that I didnt use the 66% voucher that I only got AFTER I bought it from humble, thats how good it is.

Your heard it here first before some popular streamer makes it go big like slay the spire or something.

Where have you been? I remember posting how awesome it was ages ago.

Well, about that "you heard it here first" bit...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/steam-december-2017-–-silent-night-holy-night-no-client-update-in-sight.9018/page-147#post-2564681
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...s-only-once-a-year.12168/page-41#post-2637897
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...ults-in-post-7360.13604/page-101#post-3562514
https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...ults-in-post-7360.13604/page-103#post-3572601

I beat you by a year. :D

But you are right, the game is a blast to play. I'm glad you are enjoying it.
I'm looking forward to replay the game once again.

I'm hoping that 66% coupon for owners of Darkest Dungeon will make more people give it a try, because sadly, not many people did, despite having a demo available. :(

Yes!

Bought Rayman Forever, Rayman 2 The Great Escape and Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc on GOG

For a total of $5.97.

Nice!

I really love GOG sales for grabbing stuff like this. I just need to actually download the games and add them to steam so I don't forget I own them.

Any thoughts on when Spyro will arrive on PC?

Every time you ask it gets delayed one month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.