• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What I want from JaseC is the "keys to his kingdom" giveaway, like he did that one time. Those were simpler times.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Heads up! I got a 66% off voucher for Book of Demons that brought the price down to 5,98€ since it's also currently on sale.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Library manager that unifies all games from different launchers (and emulators). It still opens the original launcher (except GOG) but well...

https://playnite.link/

screen3.jpg

Since this is also open source, it may be the way to go for me in the future simply because I want 100% control of the UI and UX. Looks like it has some ways to extend functionality as well.

Maybe a side project for next year.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
The main thing i see in all these devs mentioning epic store are innovate etc. Half of steams fucking api is innovative magic that nothing else compares too. Every computer is different. Third party controllers etc. Good luck using half them controllers on epic or origin etc. Yet on steam they will work easily

Fucking feels like don mattrick and aaron greenberg spin has spilled to devs

I don't think anyone believes them. We all know the biggest incentive is the moneyhat.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeah even with the flash sales we got that lasted for either 8 or 12 hours people would complain. If you can't spare a couple of minutes in 8+ hours to check steam then too bad. The rest of us shouldn't have to miss out.
I'd rather we ALL don't miss out by having the same discount throughout the sale.

Hey guys, I wonder if Lamplight City any good? How is it compared to Unavowed? Have an urban fantasy itch for an entire year.
fROM impressions I'd read, it is a very simpler PnC game. Not on the same level as Unavowed, but if you're looking a PnC fix the game should satisfy.

i should probably exclude shoot em ups myself since they're the biggest culprit of advertising with anime cuties and then it's yet another fucking touhou
Not all shmups are touhous though most shmups with cutesy anime girls are bullet hells (much like touhou)
Degica published Cave shmups that have cutesy girls that'll satisfy your....needs. There was also this one indie bullet hell that cute girls in it too.
Oh also look up Twinkle Star Sprites.

well it's false advertising!

anime cuties belong in rpgs right
No not really, they could work in just about any game genre. Case in point

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anyone believes them. We all know the biggest incentive is the moneyhat.

Which I can at least respect for the small guys struggling. The apocalypse is real. It's feast or famine like never before. But Super Meat Boy was a low budget game that sold millions of copies. Those guys can buy their own island if they wanted. For that to be what's getting "support" shows it's not about supporting games that wouldn't get made otherwise. Cause that's the last game that needs it.

I'd rather we ALL don't miss out by having the same discount throughout the sale.

It's a false choice. Developers rightly cut back on their discounts with its removal. The only point of the flash sale was that you got featured on the front page. And that exposure meant you more than made up for the lost revenue by getting volume you would never obtain otherwise. It was great for the consumer and the smaller devs.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
It's a false choice. Developers rightly cut back on their discounts with its removal. The only point of the flash sale was that you got featured on the front page. And that exposure meant you more than made up for the lost revenue by getting volume you would never obtain otherwise. It was great for the consumer and the smaller devs.
That's a fair argument.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Not all shmups are touhous though most shmups with cutesy anime girls are bullet hells (much like touhou)
Degica published Cave shmups that have cutesy girls that'll satisfy your....needs. There was also this one indie bullet hell that cute girls in it too.
Oh also look up Twinkle Star Sprites.
but i don't like those games -.-

No not really, they could work in just about any game genre. Case in point

it's a joke -.-

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
but i don't like those games -.-

it's a joke -.-
But you keep repeating it and it ain't funny :V

Mind you I don't like bullet hells, I suck balls at them, but I decided to try out Cave's shmups due to how popular they were and I still manged to have fun. I am pissed off as all hell that they had to go and use one of the most badass names ever for a final boss in a video game
Demonic Imperator TyrannoSatan

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
yeah that's like

not

But you keep repeating it and it ain't funny :V

Mind you I don't like bullet hells, I suck balls at them, but I decided to try out Cave's shmups due to how popular they were and I still manged to have fun. I am pissed off as all hell that they had to go and use one of the most badass names ever for a final boss in a video game
Demonic Imperator TyrannoSatan
but i don't like them!

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing like spending 30 minutes collecting tens of thousands of soul-things and then falling off a ledge because it's dark 🤦‍♂️

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
DayZ got out of Early Access!

6 years in the making, maybe I should give it a go and see how it plays.

Feels like I played the mod only yesterday. Time flies!

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well well well, Day Z is out, after an eternity in early access. You can also play it for free for the next 3 days.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how both Below and DayZ release this week. Games rising from the dead.

Its like we traveled back 4.5 years in time.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
DayZ really screwed the pooch. They were the first and were so popular but then just perma early access and they let all the new games come out polished.
It's kinda funny too because it turns out all I ever really wanted from DayZ was the Battle Royale. And here PUBG, Fortnite, etc are and so much better than DayZ's shit zombie jank ever was.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
DayZ got out of Early Access!

6 years in the making, maybe I should give it a go and see how it plays.

Feels like I played the mod only yesterday. Time flies!

If i've never played a survival game before, ...outside of Miasmata, how big is the learning curve on something like DayZ? Or is it more a frustration curve due to dying quickly and often, without knowing how or why, and having to start over

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't touch DayZ at the moment with a ten ft. pole, they're still having massive FPS issues. They launched their 1.0 version with a horrible FPS bug and a persistence bug (So imagine creating a base and it just up and disappears when you log out and log back in, and your fps used to be 60 but is now 15)

They're trying to get it all fixed but basically the game is "half finished" you can read about all of what's missing from it on their sub reddit. It's a free weekend so I mean try it out but even at the moment the game is more broken than normal but to try and convince people to check it out because WOOO it's 1.0 it's hilarious with the amount of shit that's still broken/not implemented

They're basically just banking on/counting on modding to fix the game for them at this point

As smarter people than me have pointed out in their mega thread DayZ is currently missing 39 Weapons that used to be in the game
Things Missing
39 Firearms: Crossbow, recurve bow, Amphibia S, P1, Red9, Glock 19, Derringer, M1911, .357 Magnum, Longhorn, Repeater, Sporter, Flaregun, Trumpet, AK74, AKS-74U, AK101, AUG, CR527, SKS, Blaze95, FN FAL, Winchester M70, VSS, PM73 RAK, IZH43, RPG-7, M72 LAW, M249 SAW, PKM, Dark Gun, Taser pistol, Groza, Steyr Scout, CR 550, M12 Shotgun, Saiga12k, Uzi, Bizon​
Ouch. 78% of the weaps will be missing for 1.0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.