• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2018
Fanatical Winter sale is up, Fanatical10 for 10% on top

Hitman 2 37.79€ with coupon (man what a bomba)

Shadow of War Definitive Edition 12.50€ star deal (coupon doesnt work on it)

Unfortunately no good deal on two point hospital, im really jonesing to play it lately :(

What's a good deal for you? If you're interested, I was checking out gg.deals and they list it at an historical low price of aprox. 21€ That's probably an EU only deal, tho as the game is also listed at $25USD You could always add an alert at your desired price.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get Warcraft 3 Reforged?

Well, now that I was replying to the other post, according to the site I previously mentioned, gg.deals, the game is only available on battle.net right now. I also found it on G2A, but tbh, you should rather wait until the game is out or near launch instead and then check prices. Is the game being released at retail like Overwatch was?

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I'll found a completely new and innovative store concept, 0% revenue share for the devs, but all of them get 2500$ a month regardless of sales.

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like a separate launcher for each Mega Man boss. I could use the icons to recreate the boss menu right there on my desktop and one by one throw em to the bin.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
I need to download the epic launcher when I get home.

Its crazy how I almost look to buy from any other platform right now instead of steam.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of just playing through Spyro Reignited and RDR2 on my PS4, not gonna bother waiting for them to hit PC. Have absolutely no idea when they will come to PC anyway. An official timeframe would have been nice from R* and Acti.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give me a good ELI5 on Steam Cards?

I have a few but never bothered with the system much since I used my PC for casual gaming previously. As I understand it you get them from playing games and can sell them for real money. Why are people buying them, why are people buying to 'prepare for the winter sale' etc.

I have a few DOTA2 ones that are around £6ish in value apparently?

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Can someone give me a good ELI5 on Steam Cards?

I have a few but never bothered with the system much since I used my PC for casual gaming previously. As I understand it you get them from playing games and can sell them for real money. Why are people buying them, why are people buying to 'prepare for the winter sale' etc.

I have a few DOTA2 ones that are around £6ish in value apparently?

Once you complete a trading card set for a game, you can craft that game's badge. Doing so gives you some Steam experience (useful for getting more friends, more stuff on your profile, etc), and an emoticon and background for that game. Also you normally get a discount coupon for some Steam game, but when there's a major Steam sale (winter, summer basically) you get special trading cards instead. People collect those for the badge, or because they are worth quite a bit of money.

Re. the Dota items, in the past the items you get randomly after matches were marketable and worth a lot in some cases, so you are really lucky for getting those.

Let me know if I can further clarify any point for you.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Once you complete a trading card set for a game, you can craft that game's badge. Doing so gives you some Steam experience (useful for getting more friends, more stuff on your profile, etc), and an emoticon and background for that game. Also you normally get a discount coupon for some Steam game, but when there's a major Steam sale (winter, summer basically) you get special trading cards instead. People collect those for the badge, or because they are worth quite a bit of money.

Re. the Dota items, in the past the items you get randomly after matches were marketable and worth a lot in some cases, so you are really lucky for getting those.

Let me know if I can further clarify any point for you.

Thanks for the help.

Only thing I don't follow really is the major sale part and 'special trading cards', is it a case of people buying now to sell during the sale since their prices raise because of the special cards or?

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the help.

Only thing I don't follow really is the major sale part and 'special trading cards', is it a case of people buying now to sell during the sale since their prices raise because of the special cards or?

Nope, don't wanna talk for everybody but in my case, I'm buying cards now to complete some sets so they are ready for crafting the badge. When Steam releases the sale trading cards, crafting a badge for any game gives you one of those (instead of a discount), so it's like a little bonus for crafting the badge. The thing about buying early is that you need to wait 2 weeks until the crafted stuff is marketable (if you bought some trading cards to complete the set), so the idea would be prepping the badges 2 weeks before the cards are revealed so you can instantly sell them (they are worth more at the beggining and gradually lower their price) as soon as you craft them.

Obviously it depends on what you are interested on doing, but you can sell the sale cards or use them to craft the sale badge. Also, Steam gifts you 3 sale cards/day for using the discovery queue, and probably a couple of more if there's an event or something (it all adds up to something like 4-5 dollars).

TL;DR: buying now to prep badges, and crafting badges as soon as the sale cards are released.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Devolver had a launcher that just had the other launchers in it. Nothing fancy, no combining the libraries, it just launches the other launchers.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Devolver will launch a store where they get 150% of the cut. Devs actually have to pay them for each sale. This launcher has one sole feature: a photo of Fork Parker laughing in the background

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Today I found a small game that just released called Clatter. It's a turn-based, tactical game by Facepunch, the developers of Garry's Mod and Rust. It plays like Into the Breach (without the overworld stuff) but with a few more units and has online play. There is also a daily challenge vs AI where you can compete for a leaderboard high score. There is a Rocket League style customization system for various elements of the game including your squad. There aren't a ton of options currently but I expect that to grow.

Anyway it's only $8 and seems really well-made. If you're into turn-based tactical stuff it's well worth a look.

Deleted member 3868

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to play Pillars of Eternity at the moment - having not really played any of these types of RPG's before. I feel like I'm playing it wrong. I selected the Easy difficulty (as recommended by the game for newcomers) - and each encounter is pretty much a walk in the park, I'm not really doing any thinking. On the initial pause I'm using my ranger's Wounding Shot, followed by Marked Prey, getting my wolf all up in there, along with whoever else may be in my party. I'm not feeling the need to pay attention to any percentages or damage numbers, character positioning, scrolls, items, etc.

I'm enjoying the voice acting, music, reading through the little 'watcher' vignettes and lore books - but I just feel like I'm missing a whole other part of the game. Should I just bump up the difficulty? Should every single encounter be something I need to stare at and think carefully about?

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Restarted Path of Exile as a dualist in the new league. Hardcore + solo enabled, so let's see how far I can go without dying :)

Not that I understand anything about the consequences of bargain and interrogate. Some kind of tutorial would have been nice...

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Today I found a small game that just released called Clatter. It's a turn-based, tactical game by Facepunch, the developers of Garry's Mod and Rust. It plays like Into the Breach (without the overworld stuff) but with a few more units and has online play. There is also a daily challenge vs AI where you can compete for a leaderboard high score. There is a Rocket League style customization system for various elements of the game including your squad. There aren't a ton of options currently but I expect that to grow.

Anyway it's only $8 and seems really well-made. If you're into turn-based tactical stuff it's well worth a look.

The peril of quickly clicking through the discovery queue to clean it up is marking good games that don't look like much as 'not interested'. And off you go to my wishlist (hard to justify an immediate purchase with Gris and Below right around the corner).

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered Epic took the Battlepass system they use for Fortnite straight from DOTA2. Even back then were taking from the superior competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.