• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
They're shit waifus except for Cait and Akali.
__akali_and_k_da_akali_league_of_legends_drawn_by_tofuubear__e2a08ad92ea8903e0d01b2b2499b2811.jpg

kda akali is the best

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Outside of the whole sexual harrassment in the office thing, they are both backed by Tencent. Supporting the same people at the end of the day.
Well, PubG and Ubisoft as well plus bunch of others. Tencent is ginormous.

Edit: Waifu conversations don't belong in our "epic" PC Wars threads. Get it, "epic"... I'll show myself out, try the Veal.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
yup

also all companies suck, tencent deserves special attention because of its size but it's not like idk fucking activision isn't the worst either
Well, Tencent is involved in some pretty bad shit for CCP in China. Unless Ubisoft is actively helping oppress Fench society and monitor/police all their online (and offline with Citizen Score) activities, not quite the same.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have anything against waifu's but we probably shouldn't be posting pictures with visible "cameltoe" eh?
lol didn't notice

you people

Well, Tencent is involved in some pretty bad shit for CCP in China. Unless Ubisoft is actively helping oppress Fench society and monitor/police all their online (and offline with Citizen Score) activities, not quite the same.
yeah but people aren't actually meaningfully discussing that stuff, they're just latching into the china crap to be angry at rito or epic or whatever

also like ubisoft publishes tom fucking clancy games so i reckon they're not the best people either hehe

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Outside of the whole sexual harrassment in the office thing, they are both backed by Tencent. Supporting the same people at the end of the day.

I was moreso thinking about how RIOT tried to bring exclusivty contracts into esports, among other things.

v5isYUG.gif

I'd like to read about how horrible a game is now please or how awesome

The Missing is a masterpiece, great characters, great story, buy it

I don't have anything against waifu's but we probably shouldn't be posting pictures with visible "cameltoe" eh?

Seems like i have missed someone posting Mass Effect 3 screenshots again

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So as I continue to setup a massive local library and check out games that would not run well on my older laptop, few questions:

1. How many games do you all keep downloaded locally at once?

2. Going try Assasin Creed Rogue, never hear anyone talk about it. Any thoughts on it? Anything to know about the PC port in particular? Paging JaseC

Thanks !

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I once had about 40-50 games downloaded locally at once when I was testing Steam play compatibility, but usually just keep ~10.

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017
Going to join the parade of lurkers in saying thanks to the regular posters and specially users like JaseC , Durante and so on that are always extremely helpful and informative.

As for everyone doing the great service of fighting in all these threads... I don't know what to say... so many times I almost posted responses but decided not to because it would be hard to keep it civil after seeing the same arguments every single time: "Steam didn't have that 15 years ago", "how are you going to compete without money-hatting?", "you don't need new hardware", "monopoly! monopoly!!!!" and so on.

And that is my personal frustration with the moderation right now. I can't even imagine how hard it is to keep a place like here civil while trying not to repeat past mistakes, but at this point the pattern has become clear in all those threads where these "arguments" that have been completely debunked always come back again and again, several times from the same users and sometimes with the traditional "I'm just asking".

Well... I'm not going to repeat everything everyone else wrote... just wanted to express a "lurker appreciation" to all of those banging their heads against all these walls.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Rainbow Six Siege is awesome. The new season just launched with a cool and well received new map. Two new operators with wacky gadgets and great weapon choices. Ubisoft invented a new Ambient Occlusion technique called SSBC+. It's really cool and has effected the lighting of the game on a great level for the better imo. They did this because they want to control exactly how the picture is rendered with their own technique. It doesn't offer any performance gains over HBAO+, but still, it looks freakin' great.

Recently they've taken steps to reduce toxicity in community and that's been going great too. At least as far as text chat and in-game griefing go.

Honestly it's a live-service game that I've been playing for years and yet every season Ubisoft manages to keep it fresh and I have nothing but praise for it. We almost entered some dangerous territory when Chinese government censorship tried to wiggle it's way into the global version, but the R6 community banned together and made themselves heard. Ubisoft will keep the Chinese version in a separate branch so the rest of the world doesn't have to deal with the changes.

I've had friends try and ask me to get into Siege but at the time I was going "Ehhh" but with all of Ubisofts updates for stuff I'm sort of leaning towards looking into it to at least give it a try!
I was moreso thinking about how RIOT tried to bring exclusivty contracts into esports, among other things.

The Missing is a masterpiece, great characters, great story, buy it

Seems like i have missed someone posting Mass Effect 3 screenshots again

WiIIIISH LISTED

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i keep way too many games installed in case i ever feel like playing them (i never do)

right now i must have about 40

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
So as I continue to setup a massive local library and check out games that would not run well on my older laptop, few questions:

2. Going try Assasin Creed Rogue, never hear anyone talk about it. Any thoughts on it? Anything to know about the PC port in particular? Paging JaseC

Thanks !

I dunno about everyone else but I have 257 games installed at the moment but I do the SSD / HD situation for games

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I only keep a few games installed unless I'm testing out new hardware. Right now I have a bunch of racers and vr games installed.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Fair point, I think I had everyone unlocked, bought a few but I did play a lot.

Also, you couldn't get the best character unless you paid, I believe.

That would be Kate Bishop, of course.

Since I switched to a 1TB SSD I keep a dumb amount of games installed (I also have two standard drives installed). If a game is going to have DLC released later I'll just leave it installed.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
What's that? Keep on HD until you want to play, then move to SSD?

Any downsides to this?

Yeah that's what i do, there's no downside at all (That I know of? It used to be a LOT harder but you can choose where to install stuff with most programs anymore so it's pretty simple)

Some games I don't bother changing around what's on what for the drive just because I'm lazy but I know the ones with insane load times love being on a SSD

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
my problem with games is similar to my problem with movies, i have a ton i want to watch but that are usually depressing/hard tow atch so i keep putting them off and they keep piling up to the point where all my options are like that and i don-t watch anything

games are pretty similar, i really want to give this war of mine or that dragon cancer a chance but i think i-ll end up playing the little witch academia game instead cos that-s much easier to digest and i think i-m at a point in my life where i need games to make me happy

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Also, you couldn't get the best character unless you paid, I believe.

That would be Kate Bishop, of course.
Scarlet Witch was my main, next to Dr. Doom.

Rocket was my first
Yeah that's what i do, there's no downside at all (That I know of? It used to be a LOT harder but you can choose where to install stuff with most programs anymore so it's pretty simple)

Some games I don't bother changing around what's on what for the drive just because I'm lazy but I know the ones with insane load times love being on a SSD
Might start doing this too

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I have about ~100 games installed. ... but I'm fortunate enough to have three SSD's and a mechanical drive for games where load time is inconsequential.

My thing is I'm heavily into modding, so I like to have the game files locally to modify at whim. And also when something get's patched I'll know and can check to see if things got broke.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i have all my games except league on one of my hdds

league is on the ssd for no reason at all since load times are shared among players and there-s always an asshole on a shitty connection that makes games take 5x longer to load

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks !
I have no real pattern. But I only keep about 3 or 4. Sometimes it grows.

My internet is fast enough that even the biggest games take only a few minutes to download. I'm actually more limited by my SSD than anything else.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017

Thanks !

4 or 5 at most, stuff I play every day like CSGO or Dota, and then a couple of single player games I'm currently playing

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I have like eight games installed currently, but apparently all I really need anymore is Stellaris. The new update is rough around many edges but it's gaming crack like I haven't experienced in quite some time.

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017
Just to make a useful post and add a datapoint:

I have about 22 games o Steam plus I think 3 on others services, but move what I'm actually playing to one the two my fairly small SSDs, unless it's a really small game. The HDD is more a "this game is on my list and I will probably play it soon".

Generally works well, with the occasional hiccups, like reinstalling Shadow of War to play the last DLC that I forgot about, and seeing it was 150 GB now... need to find a good and cheap 1TB SSD over here.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
KknWxzE.png

that-s my list

usually put the games i-m playing right now on favorites but i only play league

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Hello everybody

I´ve been lurking this and the old forums PC threads for years now, I did join the forums during the exodus, I´m exclusive a PC gamer because the nature of the plataform with accessibility, its easy for me as a person with visual impairment (keratoconus) to work and play.

I just want to say hi and thank the people here for the amount of information you guys provide that help keep our plataform healthy.

What heppened to the old Steam OT was pretty sad, and I fear something bad may happen to the PC OT aswell, so I decided to speak now because I really wanted to thank you guys.

As english is not my primary language I dont post really often, I much preffer to read.

If soimething happens, I wish you guys the best, Iíll go back to lurk now.

Thanks for reading.
Hello!

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Artifact
Shadowverse
Rocket League
Into The Breach

I have less installed than I usually do as this is mostly a work laptop and I did a new OS install fairly recently.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

Thanks !
It says I have 457 games installed right now, a fifth of my library. Most being on my hdd and maybe 3 or 4 games on the ssd. I don't know why I have so many, I think about 10 are probably like VR entries or map tools or goofy other things that.

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
Before I had fibre/unlimited Internet I used to keep hundreds of games installed because Australian internet is shite and download takes forever. Now I didn't even think twice about redownloading FF XV if I need to /humblebrag :-P

The modded games stays in my SSDs, though. It's a pain to rearrange those Dragon's Dogma or XCOM/XCOM2 mods, for example.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
You know, when Steam launched in 2004, the very idea of using a service to synchronize your saves games across the "cloud", wasn't a thing, let alone the web space to just offer this for free. Or the idea of a permanent wish list for a digital store.

Absolutely agree with all of the post, but the bolded... I don't even know if Amazon had a Wishlist in 2004. And, right now, Steam's Wishlist is actually more fully featured and flexible than Amazon's to a large degree. Amazon supports multiple Wishlists, but Steam's is easier to use in so many ways, with more sorting options, and an easier way of moving products up-and-down.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Blops 4 running like ass juice on my PC ( GTX 1060)

Hey man, Activision cares about PC now. So much so, they seemly pushed aside their excellent PC team for an external dev. I have a 1060 6gb and I get good frames, but the game doesn't feel as smooth as a COD should. I had to lower a bunch of settings, like, a ton of 'em, to get it feeling right.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada

Thanks !

I have two pc's. On the new one, I have about 120 games installed. That pc is connected to a tv and 95% of the games support a controller. My older pc is in the office, connected to a bunch of monitors. I usually just keep 10 or so games installed. Games like diablo 3, path of exile, cs go, and a few other ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.