• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Fae Tactics is still happening, it's the Final Fantasy Tactics like game by the Valdis Story devs.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i think i'm gonna start the anti-ssd movement

maintaining this 240gb thing is such a fucking headache, i don't even turn off my computer like ever anyways

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
i think i'm gonna start the anti-ssd movement

maintaining this 240gb thing is such a fucking headache, i don't even turn off my computer like ever anyways
They had some good deals on way bigger SSDs recently. I got a 1 TB one for under $120.

That was how I solved that issue.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Ben Kuchera already put an article on Polygon how awesome Epic's money hatting strategy is, and that it's a "huge positive" for us as gamers. He calls it a "console war on pc" and we all should be very exciting about it.

So yeah, you heard it guys. Stop complaining and start embracing Epic's amazing pro-consumer console war on pc!

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Girls.jpg

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Ben Kuchera already put an article on Polygon how awesome Epic's money hatting strategy is, and that it's a "huge positive" for us as gamers. He calls it a "console war on pc" and we all should be very exciting about it.

So yeah, you heard it guys. Stop complaining and start embracing Epic's amazing pro-consumer console war on pc!
Most people who mainly play on PC think it's a terrible practice. Be it here, r/Games, r/pcgaming or subreddits of affected games (Satisfactory).
skinner.jpg

Ok, it's just another trash Polygon article and I don't expect better from them (with the odd exception every now and then). Haven't read the article yet but I guess they labeled it as an Opinion piece? So when the author is confronted with criticism or people tell him that he's factually wrong (again, haven't read the article but I remember the regional pricing is just forced discounts thing from another Polygon article), he can say: "It's just my opinion, dudes."

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No Kiwami PC announcement?
That game is supposed to come out within the next three weeks.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, way more games shown during KFGshowcase that I actually wanna play compared to the VGAs. The Outer World was the only thing I got from that.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017

How "journalists" can spout so much bullshit with a straight face (or maybe they're also laughing behind the text) is fucking disgusting.
We're supposed to cheer for console wars on pc? Yeah, fuck right off with your bullshit Kuchera.

God these last few days have been maddening.
This forum is complete and utter dogshit for anything PC. You can not have a single Valve/Steam thread that does not get derailed on the first page and no matter what you say it happens again in the next thread. Like, someone spouted his opinion on how SteamVR failed in Alexandro's 3rd party exclusivity thread, which btw has fuck all today with the topic the thread is about, like 90% of the 7 pages, Krejlook wrote an extensive answer on what SteamOS is and what Valve's goal was and how big of a boon for Lunix it was and still is and the guy's answer is literally "I'm not going to bother reading through this wall of text because I know I'm right anyway."

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i personally find the exclusives argument to be a lot less relevant on pc than consoles cos it's not like it costs you anything to download the epic launcher or origin or whatever. it's inconvenient for sure, but it's free, so i don't mind

having to download an extra launcher for one game is a hassle, but i wanted to play persona 5 and i couldn't cos i had to spend a lot of money on a ps4, so that's an actual sucky exclusive

persona looks like a fucking ps2 game, you could put that thing on the fucking ouya and it'd run swell

edit: and like, it's not like being on steam makes it free from other shitty clients. rockstar games install that garbage rockstar client that sure as hell showed my email on my profile without asking, and if you really like steam as a launcher you can just link games there like i do with league

i don't see much of a big deal outside of inconvenience

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Excited to see proper news about The Walking Dead. Even though they reused the scenes from previous seasons and previous episodes, atleast they confirmed a new episode is coming.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
i personally find the "exclusives" argument to be a lot less relevant on pc than consoles cos it's not like it costs you anything to download the epic launcher or origin or whatever. it's inconvenient for sure, but it's free, so i don't mind

having to download an extra launcher for one game is a hassle, but i wanted to play persona 5 but i couldn't cos i had to spend a lot of money on a ps4, so that's an actual sucky exclusive

persona looks like a fucking ps2 game, you could put that thing on the fucking ouya and it'd run swell

You are from Argentina, arent you? Have fun paying US$ for games then.

Or Chinese gamers not even be able to play the games, because Bethesdas and Epics Launcher arent available there.

And even then. The Bethesda launcher even sent consumers CC info to other consumers. Its not about a different launcher. Its about inferior launchers and buying 3rd party exclusivity.
Linux gamers cant even play those games now.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
But no really i probably will not be able to contact Sony support like ever because i created US account and i am not from US. Just because my country is not supported by PSN.

Right. Their lawyers protect them here because I'm sure they would say despite the fact you can that they only provide support for accounts that are opened in the region you live in.

They offer limited refunds EU only, I believe.

Basically the absolute bare minimum to not cause problems.

Yup and that's all that is required by EU law then they are covered. Although I though way before they were already doing this just quietly.

As far as i know you still can't delete account or change region, getting refund is nightmare too.

Change region! Ha Ha. Their architecture is a disaster , can't even change a name without running the risk of certain games not working.

So with GDPR most companies took one of two approaches. One was EU only. They basically figured they had limited resources to comply so only did bare minimum that affected EU customers and some news sites simply blocked EU when they ran out of time.

The second approach much bigger companies tended to take. Technically you need to respect this law no matter where an EU citizen is located so they figured it's much easier and technically ethical to just apply the rules globally across all services for everyone not just consumers but employees data as well. This is what I experienced.

Now EU will work with companies as far as extending time to comply as long as progress is being made. This is because it's a tight rope and what they can't have is companies just pulling services.

Now the next problem is these new laws can actually benefit bad actors or those that cause security risks. So that's now a new area where lots of smart people are looking to close gaps in the tech industry at large.

Status
Not open for further replies.