• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could get good weapons every Dead Cells run

Been a few months since I last played but pretty sure you can increase the frequency of certain weapons appearing during a run.

Something I considered as well is starting a completely new run and only putting souls into weapons and items I knew were good/I liked. Not necessarily a great idea as you'd still need to grind up all the little improvement like the passives and the flask upgrades.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Been a few months since I last played but pretty sure you can increase the frequency of certain weapons appearing during a run.

Something I considered as well is starting a completely new run and only putting souls into weapons and items I knew were good/I liked. Not necessarily a great idea as you'd still need to grind up all the little improvement like the passives and the flask upgrades.

Oh ya I already knew that before I started playing so I did, but sometimes my yellow drops are base items and sometimes I don't get a good weapon to deal with Conjectivius or whatever the hell the eye is. In those cases probably better to go the other path but gotta get that loot.

I should just start bringing a shield on sewer runs I guess.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I was reading that article on Kotaku about Valve booting AO content games in school settings, and one thing that stuck out to me was that a dev claimed "thousands of people had it wishlisted, we don't want to lose access to those customers" (or something like that.)

Is it true devs can see how many people have their game on wishlist? Do you suppose that effects sale price by gauging demand?

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading that article on Kotaku about Valve booting AO content games in school settings, and one thing that stuck out to me was that a dev claimed "thousands of people had it wishlisted, we don't want to lose access to those customers" (or something like that.)

Is it true devs can see how many people have their game on wishlist? Do you suppose that effects sale price by gauging demand?
Yeah, pretty sure devs see wishlistings. It's a really important tool for them to gauge interest in a game, it's vital. And it probably effects pricing as well to some degree but I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Next OT:

Well well well, Tim, how the turntables

Watched too much The Office lately

Last edited:

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Oh ya I already knew that before I started playing so I did, but sometimes my yellow drops are base items and sometimes I don't get a good weapon to deal with Conjectivius or whatever the hell the eye is. In those cases probably better to go the other path but gotta get that loot.

I should just start bringing a shield on sewer runs I guess.

Yeah tbf there is a certain build I like that, if I get, allows me to steamroll all the way to final boss. Without it my runs are kinda lacklustre, a lot of the weapons I enjoy using aren't really that great in the later levels unfortunately.

I've never actually bothered trying to use a shield, I like dot build so after applying my dots I'm free to focus on dodging until I need to reapply. No need to block damage that way.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I'll probably cave once Supergiant game comes out on Steam (might wait for a sale though) but everything else for the most part I am skipping. That includes Prey 2. Bethesda launcher can go and die.

I don't blame any devs like Supergiant from accepting a moneyhat (<3 Kasavin), cuz people gotta eat and a ton of quality independant devs go under despite spraying quality everywhere with each release.

And like you said, they'll largely come out on other formats (Steam/Switch/etc), or they won't. I'll live, and so will these studios.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I slacked on Hitman 2 for so long that now I have 3 other games to play (mutant year zero, JC4 and smash) and I'm sitting here and don't know what to focus on first. I've only done the miami and colombia levels so far.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I slacked on Hitman 2 for so long that now I have 3 other games to play (mutant year zero, JC4 and smash) and I'm sitting here and don't know what to focus on first. I've only done the miami and colombia levels so far.

I loved the first game's episodic structure, so I think Hitman is a good game to pace out episode by episode - don't need to do it all at once. Only problem is then you start missing out on ETs (I already missed the first one, ugh)

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
JC4 seems to have a myriad of problems. Hitman 2 is cool and I like Mutant Year Zero.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Probably posted already but Monster Hunter World is getting official 21:9 ultra wide display support in Jan/Feb 2019 for the next title update.

Note that it seems it still wont be supported in cutscenes... which is a bummer. There's also apparently more stuff coming in the title update as well.. whatever that could be.

DtwBqVqUwAAwCbl.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Put jc4 on burner till patch comes in few weeks. Id say hitman

JC4 seems to have a myriad of problems. Hitman 2 is cool and I like Mutant Year Zero.

Yeah so far I haven't touched JC4 and I'm going to hope the first big patch fixes some of the graphical issues without it ruining the framerate. You never know after how JC3 went. I did start mutant year zero on xbox last night and played up until getting to the Ark. It seems like a cool game so far. Already had some Xcom-style RNG happen lol.

I loved the first game's episodic structure, so I think Hitman is a good game to pace out episode by episode - don't need to do it all at once. Only problem is then you start missing out on ETs (I already missed the first one, ugh)

I wanted to do each level once just so I can experience them and avoid some spoilers but I get distracted so easily anymore. Episodic was the better model for this game but not necessarily for me personally. By the time new levels came out I had moved on to other games so I only did most of 2016's levels once or twice.

Mar 23, 2018
Probably posted already but Monster Hunter World is getting official 21:9 ultra wide display support in Jan/Feb 2019 for the next title update.

Note that it seems it still wont be supported in cutscenes... which is a bummer. There's also apparently more stuff coming in the title update as well.. whatever that could be.

There's also a stream taking place Dec 10th. Probably related to g-rank. I wonder if it would be releasing on PC at the same time.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I've got an odd Steam question....

Lately I've been seeing some people on my friend's list who seem to begin playing a dozen or so games all at the same time. I get the "So and So is now playing <game name>" but I'll get many of them back to back, often three at a time.

What is happening here, and is there some new Steam feature I missed?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

Lately I've been seeing some people on my friend's list who seem to begin playing a dozen or so games all at the same time. I get the "So and So is now playing <game name>" but I'll get many of them back to back, often three at a time.

Sounds like someone using Idlemaster to glitch card drops faster. (Most likely to get cards to sell for winter sale)

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017

They are idling the games for trading cards. That happens because games are idled at the same time until they have 2 hours of playtime.

EDIT: or what madjoki said.

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not going to lie (and I know I'm not really anyone here), but outside of this thread, I'll mainly be active at MC.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Gawd the mobile theme feels like ass on my phone.

Yup, they can see how many wishlist they are on and I think there's also stats on how many wishlist entries turn into purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.