• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Been on a cinematic platformer bender, thanks to my long-lasting love for Limbo and Inside in particular. I've finished Far: Lone Sails, which was all right, and Little Nightmares, which is actually 3d but fantastically atmospheric.

I hear Planet Alpha might be decent. Anything else to scratch this itch?

The Swapper

I rank this game much much higher than Inside.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed The Swapper, but I remember getting really overwhelmed with the later puzzle and just stop playing.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Whats the game called that's like Another World but with dinosaurs? I loved it back then, was probably in the late 90s. But I always forget it's name.

Oct 30, 2017
Been on a cinematic platformer bender, thanks to my long-lasting love for Limbo and Inside in particular. I've finished Far: Lone Sails, which was all right, and Little Nightmares, which is actually 3d but fantastically atmospheric.

I hear Planet Alpha might be decent. Anything else to scratch this itch?
You could try Black: The Fall.

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Swapper is fucking amazing

I love The Swapper, too. And I second Another World. It really is the classic in that subgenre and still really fun and impressive today.

Also worth checking out
  • Forgotton Anne: beautiful comic style and a dreamlike dystopian setting, the style reminds me of a western version of Studio Ghibli
  • A Boy And His Blob: the cinematic part is maybe not that dominant, but atmosphere and world building are important here. And hugging the blob is the most cutest thing.
  • Katana Zero: this one is really cinematic and endlessly stylish
  • Never Alone: a native Alaskan girl and her fox search for the cause of a threatening blizzard. There is a strong emphasis on Native American folklore here that is explained in the supplemental material.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
It really looks like that DLSS would benefit Horizon a lot. Nvidia should push for it.

The performance is bad on pretty much all cards, so while that'd be great for the folks with cards that support it, they need to up the performance overall. Adding DLSS should not be a bandaid for bad ports. If they're gonna sell a three year old game for 50 dollars, I better be able to run it better than a PS4 Pro.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The performance is bad on pretty much all cards, so while that'd be great for the folks with cards that support it, they need to up the performance overall. Adding DLSS should not be a bandaid for bad ports. If they're gonna sell a three year old game for 50 dollars, I better be able to run it better than a PS4 Pro.

Well it would at least help some people.

Also I started playing A Way Out with friend and I like it so far but for movie director Josef Fares likes cut to black a lot. It is so jarring sometimes and it does break immersion. But there are also some awesome transitions. It is kinda mess.

Also while game is designed as coop experience I kinda expected more elaborate integration. So far tasks are simple.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Im sorry. Wat?
The gameplay is licking stuff girls touched without being caught by them???
You can apparently lick their shoes, gym uniforms, their recorders. And then you can apparently stop time and lick them. Im sorry, but wtf Japan?

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Carrion completed, my mixed opinion on it didn't change since it was more of the same. Time to try Touryst.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The Swapper is the best horror game in the last 20 years

I might be biased because I have a thing about clones tho

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
That reminds me I need a title for the CK3 OT.

Beyond 'Behold the King, The King of Kings' that is.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
HZD

EevLPAcWsAEjYyL

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's been pretty interesting watching attitudes about Horizon change just in the time it's taken to preload it.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been pretty interesting watching attitudes about Horizon change just in the time it's taken to preload it.
I don't think it is that bad of a port tbh, but for that price I can't say I'm impressed. A DF writer name-dropped Arkham Knight a bit earlier, so maybe I should be a bit more worried lol.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I uninstalled No Man's Sky to make room for Horizon and just caught game pass trying to reinstall it for some reason...

I don't think it is that bad of a port tbh, but for that price I can't say I'm impressed. A DF writer name-dropped Arkham Knight a bit earlier, so maybe I should be a bit more worried lol.

In the videos that were posted it looked great so I'm not that worried. I'm not looking for 4K or +60 fps anyway. On my old PC I had to play everything on medium graphics settings so...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So I'm thinking of getting Fall Guys via Fanatical. Due to their sale event, I'm spending enough to be eligible to get a 'free' game from a list after purchase.

Anyone know what the list of 'free' games is? I don't think they let you see it beforehand.
If you have no need of any of those free games and want to pass on a Stronghold HD code, I've been close to buying it recently...

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
I understand a few 30fps stuff when it's not worth the work but grass and some face animations is going to distract

Status
Not open for further replies.