• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's great to see people have their heads on straight with this GOTY Steam/EGS question.

kinjx11

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
can anyone fix this EGS issue ?! some games will be shown as unavailable randomly !!!!!!

VPN didn't help at all

EDUSS7lUwAAHSjP

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea either wow.
I mean, it has to be different when they are different buttons!

unknown.png

I just never thought people really used it that much lol.

can anyone fix this EGS issue ?! some games will be shown as unavailable randomly !!!!!!

VPN didn't help at all

EDUSS7lUwAAHSjP

Seems that it is a major issue with AWS, fucking up majorly the internet (and thus not allowing verification). Have you tried logging off and entering into offline mode for EGS? Not sure how they worked, but they said they did a workaround some months ago.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How well will EGS exclusives do if most people are waiting for a later release?
I think the reason for the dearth of EGS sale numbers is that they're not good. Otherwise Epic would be shouting about them from the rooftops constantly.

Try restarting the Epic Client (menu > Quit, then load the client back up again)?

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
There is no point even worrying about the GOTY stuff. EGS games are going to get the same amount of votes that Windows Store / Origin exclusives got. A handful, but not enough to be considered for an award.

A lot of us don't use the store and you can't vote for what you don't play.

The games should also only be eligible the year of release. So...if they hit Steam a year later then too bad. You shouldn't be able to get votes two years in a row.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You may not want to follow all the game's updates or join the game's Steam group. Following is essentially "I want all news of this game in my feed." whereas wishlisting is "I want to know when this releases and/or goes on sale."
I keep email notifications off so wishlisting doesn't give me sale/release warnings =p
On the other hand it's pretty cool to keep being updated on game patches or dev news (in case of some EA/indie titles that do that) inside of the Steam client. Like, it's my biggest use of the activity feed and feels natural to me?

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Oh interesting...I didn't realize this was coming to PC. Running this bad boy in 4k + should look quite nice. Wonder if it will be possible to edit some of the music files. There is absolutely no reason an overworld song in an RPG should ever end. Loop that shit.

(not volunteering for the OT....can't even create threads yet)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It's not best AC game, it's not even the best Ezio game but it is AC game with one of the best atmospheres.

d4UCRhK.png

YjnOcBw.png

VNGRTGf.png

O5umMHn.png

aIp0j0x.png

Also AC Rev did it before Control XD

AKvCWBO.png

JRJjxo1.png

ePKU5Cl.png

Paterique

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Not sure i should post this here but im looking to buy a ultraeide samsung c49rg90 monitor. Im currently running a gtx 1080, u guys think itll cause me problems? Will i need to upgrade my gpu?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure i should post this here but im looking to buy a ultraeide samsung c49rg90 monitor. Im currently running a gtx 1080, u guys think itll cause me problems? Will i need to upgrade my gpu?
What do you mean by problems?
If you mean that the gpu wont support the resolution and refresh rate? Nah, shouldnt be an issue at all.
If you mean that the gpu might be underpowered to get max performance at that resolution? probably, as that resolution seems more taxing than 4k (and not that many games allow it correctly, sadly)

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
A prominent game dev influencer (and his team) use public information, such as #followers, to (allegedly accurately) estimate sales, with some secret magic formula.

Recently, a few tools to study #followers, were advertised on social media, and in a game dev newsletter:

So, the analysis of the #followers is the new trend. It is also the closest thing to the analysis of the #wishlists, with the advantage of being quantitative.

I didn't realise just how many games actually launch on Steam every single day until I clicked on that link. Holy shit. Or should I say "games".

Paterique

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
What do you mean by problems?
If you mean that the gpu wont support the resolution and refresh rate? Nah, shouldnt be an issue at all.
If you mean that the gpu might be underpowered to get max performance at that resolution? probably, as that resolution seems more taxing than 4k (and not that many games allow it correctly, sadly)

yeah i meant how well will i be able to use it. More curious as to how badly will it perform. Also, do you guys have any feedback on that screen? Any better possible options?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
yeah i meant how well will i be able to use it. More curious as to how badly will it perform. Also, do you guys have any feedback on that screen? Any better possible options?
I dont have that much ultrawide monitor experience, but if we look at the amount of pixels:
4k: 3840 × 2160 =8.29 MPixel
UW: 2xQHD(2560 x 1440) =7.37 MPixel

So if you look at the performances of games at 4k, it should be better than them, but not too much.

Sad news, mental issues are a serious issue in the world and more should be done with them.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for doublepost, but while talking about the Steam Multiplayer API, I went back to the page to link it and it seems Valve opened their servers finally, although we haven't heard much about it:

Valve server hosting
Valve has a beta dedicated server hosting program. To participate, your game needs to meet the following requirements:
  • To protect our data centers, we require that all game traffic be routed through SDR and sever IPs are never revealed. So you'll need to meet all of the requirements in the previous sections for relaying traffic over SDR.
  • You need to have servers hosted with another hosting provider. We can't be your only dedicated server provider. At this time we are primarily interested in helping developers reach more regions than they otherwise would be able to, or to expand capacity temporarily to meet some short term demand, such as a special event.
  • Your dedicated server needs to be a linux docker image.
  • There are some other minor configuration and technical requirements, too. Get in touch with us and we can pass on those details.

Seems that for now, it is more of a support tool (or expand service when needed), as they still require the devs to have a different primary hosting provider (which means: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud, as they are the only ones supported for the required previous stage).

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I have yet to experience a game on gamepass actually installing on my first attempt.

#JustADifferentIconTho

At least gamepass provides actual value if you can make it work

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
GamePass is the best advertisement for Steam: you never know whether the game which you have downloaded and installed will start, as you ought to expect. If it does not, the error message is cryptic and generic, so I wish you good luck to find a solution.

That is the only launcher with this kind of issue, and thankfully, the subscription is extremely cheap. I cannot imagine the backlash if EGS or GOG had similar issues.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
The new thread is ready to go in three hours time. Title suggestions till then please!

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
PC Gaming ERA l September 2019 - It is not gambling, just fun mechanics

PC Gaming ERA l September 2019 - Anime Souls vs Eurojank Souls

PC Gaming ERA l September 2019 - The girls are back in town

Edit: PC Gaming ERA l September 2019 - It's still summer for me GODDAMIT

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PC Gaming ERA l September 2019 - Marcus Fenix, Squall, Spyro and the River City Girls loot Pandora to level up for the Fifa tournament and beat the White Witch's wrath

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
PC Gaming ERA l September 2019 - It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

5 times for the Gears 5 launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.