• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Why is everything always broken in the Internet and no useful errors are reported when companies try to do something fancy like in this case account linking.

So I'm trying to link my Activision account with my Battle.net account because otherwise you can't actually activate a beta key which I managed to get my hands on. As expected, the linking doesn't work for me. If I do the linking while trying to activate the key I get a quality error page saying "Sorry, an unexpected error occurred". Yayyy. If I try to link via my Activision profile page, the browser handles my request for few seconds and then re-directs back to the same profile page and nothing has changed. This battle.net account linking has been active for at least a year and a half and it still doesn't work when I happen to try it... sigh. Let's see how quality answers I get from Activision and Blizzard support. Their support pages are, as expected, completely worthless but I managed to at least send support tickets.

This reminds me of all the pain Microsoft has caused with their web pages (as well as Windows Store) and my account being completely broken on every damn website of theirs because it's an old account with 20+ years of crap on it. I recently had to ask Microsoft for repair on my Xbox One and their damn pages were completely unusable. Every re-direct ended up re-directing multiple times and ending up in completely wrong page, each and every time. I had to manually get all the correct web pages using another account and then copy/pasting and manually editing the URL to get them to load with my actual account. Really smooth.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Why is everything always broken in the Internet and no useful errors are reported when companies try to do something fancy like in this case account linking.

So I'm trying to link my Activision account with my Battle.net account because otherwise you can't actually activate a beta key which I managed to get my hands on. As expected, the linking doesn't work for me. If I do the linking while trying to activate the key I get a quality error page saying "Sorry, an unexpected error occurred". Yayyy. If I try to link via my Activision profile page, the browser handles my request for few seconds and then re-directs back to the same profile page and nothing has changed. This battle.net account linking has been active for at least a year and a half and it still doesn't work when I happen to try it... sigh. Let's see how quality answers I get from Activision and Blizzard support. Their support pages are, as expected, completely worthless but I managed to at least send support tickets.

This reminds me of all the pain Microsoft has caused with their web pages (as well as Windows Store) and my account being completely broken on every damn website of theirs because it's an old account with 20+ years of crap on it. I recently had to ask Microsoft for repair on my Xbox One and their damn pages were completely unusable. Every re-direct ended up re-directing multiple times and ending up in completely wrong page, each and every time. I had to manually get all the correct web pages using another account and then copy/pasting and manually editing the URL to get them to load with my actual account. Really smooth.
BNet support is one of the best ones (or at least used to be, when Blizzard had more control of their stuff). If you put a ticket up, they answered super fast and were really friendly. I had to change my BNet region last Christmas (because somehow when I created using fb it put me in NA) and it was done in less than a day with super friendly people.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Human stretch goal is at it again!

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

This has been dealt with. Everyone knows Dota2 can be incredibly toxic, and toxicity breeds toxicity. Sébastien issued a statement in which he apologized, was on a Russian stream for a Q&A session (maybe 1-hour or 2-hour long) to apologize further. The fact that he uses the nickname Ceb instead of Seb further shows that he has tremendous respect for the Russian scene, from/with whom he learnt a lot. It is clear that he went completely mad in this pub game, but the scale has nothing in common with some of the other deeply-entrenched racist events which happened in the Dota2 pro scene.

Last edited:

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
This has been dealt with. Everyone knows Dota2 can be incredibly toxic, and toxicity breeds toxicity. Sébastien issued a statement in which he apologized, was on a Russian stream for a Q&A to apologize further, and the fact that he uses the nickname Ceb instead of Seb further shows that he actually always had tremendous respect for the Russian scene, from/with whom he learnt a lot.
An apology means that it has been dealt with? Even if it was he still said those horrible things, you can't just ignore it and says" they don't say stupid stuff online"
He still hasn't received any punishment from valve or OG company, has he? That's not "dealt with" at all, it's honestly just being swept under the rug.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
True. One would have to check the Twitch chat of Russian streams to see what the Russian community thinks of him these days.

Back in the days, they were spamming the dog emoji.

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
If I buy a nvidia control code can anyone with the card activate it for me or are there other stipulations?

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Last edited:

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
No, this one:

P5awoLo.png

Not that I know of, I believe "dog" is an insult.

Edit: Maybe, I misinterpreted. I doubt it was used as "a sign of deep caring" though.

Pretty sure FrankerZ in the dota twitch chat is used for Puppey, or when there's a pause for Puppey pause (a famous pause by him that looked like it was "tactical")

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Definitely want to get it Remnent soon but I rarely finish rogue likes or games with random generation and 40 is a lot of bones. Probably grow weak by next month tho, that creature design looks great.

Played Bastion after 8 years and wow I feel like terrible for ignoring super giant for 8 years. Last 10 minutes were a weird exposition dump for a generally succient game but the action was so great to control once you get used to the lock on and pretty much every weapon except the flamethrower was fun to use. Wasn't expecting the amount of diversity present in the level design either.

Some surprising narrative directions made me very excited to play Transistor next to see how they evolved.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had no idea Journey to the Savage Planet was only going to be 30 bucks. That might push me toward purchasing it sooner. Looked good, but I also thought it was going to be like Outer Worlds and 50-60 bucks.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Had no idea Journey to the Savage Planet was only going to be 30 bucks. That might push me toward purchasing it sooner. Looked good, but I also thought it was going to be like Outer Worlds and 50-60 bucks.

Outer Worlds is story driven RPG it makes sense that is more expensive. I still think that Ancestors going for 40 euros is insane.

Help, pls?
I bought Flower on GoG; it is said to support Playstation and XBox Pad. While I have a 08/15 logitec one, I simply use Xinputemu to trick the games.
Always working fine, but Flower doesn't want to allow me to play with my controller. I even tried another 360 emu I had to get for Abzu, cause for some reason that game wouldn't work with Xinput. And I had to put it into a specific folder there.
Sadly I can't find help via Google on this issue regarding Flower, someone else heard of problems? Another weird folder I have to dig up to put the files into? Or is there some other emulator I need, maybe to trick the game into thinking it's a DS4 or so..?
I can't imagine the game to be too much fun with mouse and keyboard and I was so hyped to get it. .__.

Yoo, fixed the shit! After my desperate attempt to just put the emu in all the game's folders without any effect, I stumbled upon the note "XInput library files exist with several different names and some games require a change in its name. Known names:
• xinput1_4.dll
• xinput1_3.dll
• xinput1_2.dll
• xinput1_1.dll
• xinput9_1_0.dll"
So I copied the file and renamed it until I had all possible names in my folder at once, started the game and it works. Wohoo!
I wonder, what the right name for the file is, but I'm too lazy to test it out. Just happy it works.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely want to get it Remnent soon but I rarely finish rogue likes or games with random generation and 40 is a lot of bones. Probably grow weak by next month tho, that creature design looks great.

Played Bastion after 8 years and wow I feel like terrible for ignoring super massive for 8 years. Last 10 minutes were a weird exposition dump for a generally succient game but the action was so great to control once you get used to the lock on and pretty much every weapon except the flamethrower was fun to use. Wasn't expecting the amount of diversity present in the level design either.

Some surprising narrative directions made me very excited to play Transistor next to see how they evolved.
Supergiant
Supermassive is the Until Dawn studio :)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I finished first Boss in Bayonetta. I managed to do it with dying only once. And i still don't like game that much. Positive thing is that if you die it just impacts your score and that if you die during boss fight after certain phase you don;t need to do it all over again.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
OK here's an early sneak peak at the Sep. Highlights thread. I only managed to include a few dozen Sep. stuff so far, but will aim to get it done by week's end and will have it up on Era either by Thursday~Friday or on Monday at the latest

Adventure

Action

Strategy, 4X & Turn-based tactics style

RPG

Puzzle, Rhythm and Casual

Building, Management & Simulation

Shooter

Point n' Click, FMV and Visual Novels

Horror

Platformers & Auto-runners

Stealth

Shoot'em-up